Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Offense is on same trend as last season

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HOF49er:
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
Ibtl

Bring back AS, before failure with CK in play-offs.

Why bring him back? Kap is doing everything Alex has excelled in and he still hasn't played his best ball.
I blame Kap for not being aware of the clock and misusing the timeouts, besides that, I can't blame him for much else. The offensive playcalling has been awful and similar to when AS was under center. What is the point of having Kap in, if he will not be used properly, except for the option reads.
It seems that the team has not adjusted to the QB change and still game plan the same as they did for AS.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Does anyone know if Jenkins got any snaps? I don't remember seeing him out on the field.

• Like James, rookie A.J. Jenkins also made his debut. The wide receiver was in on three plays. He wasn't targeted in the passing game but delivered a block on Gore's 19-yard run in the fourth quarterRead more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/12/10/5043017/49ers-notes-smiths-two-sacks-move.html#mi_rss=49ers#storylink=cpy
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erLegacy:
I blame Kap for not being aware of the clock and misusing the timeouts, besides that, I can't blame him for much else. The offensive playcalling has been awful and similar to when AS was under center. What is the point of having Kap in, if he will not be used properly, except for the option reads.
It seems that the team has not adjusted to the QB change and still game plan the same as they did for AS.

What else do you expect? We still have the same recievers that Alex had. They're all possession receivers, though AJ is probably are only downfield threat. I don't consider Moss that threat anymore. In football you can only do two things, either run the ball or throw it, and we're primarily a running team.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Dec 10, 2012 at 6:19 AM ]
Why bring him back? Kap is doing everything Alex has excelled in and he still hasn't played his best ball.

Kap's not good before the snap yet where most of the work is, and whether he's pretty or not, presnap decisions are what has Alex a top 10 qb right now, to me you need that to win in the playoffs

imagine Kap when he learns how to play before the snap

Since Seattle is still 1.5 games behind the 9ers in the division, If the 49ers loses the next 2 games, 49ers can still lose the division to Seattle. We'll see how well CK and the offense plays this next 2 games. It's going to take more then the effort they showed yesterday vs a crappy Miami team at home plus great 49ers defense every week to win the next 2.
Originally posted by tinygamelotsachances:
Colin is already outplaying the 8 year vet he replace in just his 4th game. We'll be rollin by the time the playoffs get here. Superbowl baby!!

Out playing Alex; really? I don't see it. If anything the offense is still adjusting to Kaep and its not clicking on all cylinders right now. (see Vernon Davis stats)
There seems to be no fluidity or rhythm to our offense at this time. I understand there is going to be an adjustment period with a new QB coming in I just hope they get the rhythm smoothed out and the tempo up before the playoffs start. It was a good win and learning process for our young QB, of course he made some mistakes but that is to be expected this early in his career.

Some things that need improving

1. Stop wasting timeouts on bad play clock management (I don't know who's fault that is, but it needs fixed)
2. Clean up the penalties
3. We leave to many points on the field ( Moss deep touchdown, Crabtree being over thrown near the goaline, last game is was Walker dropping a touchdown)
4. Get Vernon involved somehow, designs a package just to get him the ball.
5. Kaep needs to tuck the ball in when he is scrambling around (that's going to bite us in the a** if it don't get corrected)

All in all we are a better than average team, if we clean up and tighten up in some area's we will be tough to beat in the playoffs. This is Kaep's team to lead foward whether you agree or not the decision has been made. We have as good a shot as anybody else in the playoff's we just got to make the dance....
[ Edited by TexasGuero49 on Dec 10, 2012 at 7:23 AM ]
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
Originally posted by Carhanu21:
-injured wide reciever corps with Crabtree seemingly carrying the entire load....Check.

-Gore wearing down and running game becoming less and less productive....Check.

-Greg Roman seemingly trying to go for field goals instead of touchdowns (except with a worse kicking game)....Check.

-Vernon Davis's talents being criminally under-utilized either due to Roman's gameplan or to Vernon's performance (not sure which)....Check.

-Terrible 3rd down efficiency...Check.

One aspect where the Niners are trending differently than last year on offense: Lots and lots of dumb penalties. This one is on the coaching. Harbaugh needs to focus on cleaning this s&it up. Team needs some discipline.

Considering that we were just 2 muffed punts away from the superbowl, I'm ok if we're following the same trend as last year. Unfortunately, the biggest difference is that our most clutch player on offense is currently sitting on the bench.

Really? I could have sworn that I saw Frank Gore playing today and playing well.

Not sure a RB can be regarded as a clutch player...?
I have to disagee with some of this. Crabtree is becoming the man and is playing at a high level. He is much better this year than last. Hopefully he carry's that into the playoffs. 2. Moss is playing well. Losing Williams is not as big of a deal as losing Morgan last year. I suspect Manningham will be healthy for the playoffs. So to say our Wideout corps is depleted is not at allt he same as last year. We clearly have more talent and more depth and are in better shape right now. Frank Gore looks fresh and James is looking good as well. Again depth and talent in the backfield are making us look much better this year than last heading into the playoffs. I think the Vernon Davis and third down efficiency problems are both tied to kaepernick right now. He is trying very hard to get downfield plays and he has the time in the pocket to do that. It's one thing to go straight to the checkdown. He is waiting too long on deep reads and isn't getting the ball to guys when they have space and time underneath. The fins game was a big improvement in terms of he made his reads and found his recievers often. However TIMING is a huge issue for Kaep pre and post snap. If the underneath routes get the ball sooner we will see more YAC. The other part of this is Davis is staying in to pass protect deep routes or is eating doubles underneath. I think we could scheme Davis better in the passing game yes. I also think we are waiting on his and Moss's routes too much. I think we're going to get better coming through december.
Gore has been great this year. I don't know what you guys are talking about.
Darn, this is why I need NFL Ticket so I can catch every niner game. God I hope u guys are wrong about the offense declining.

And as many backs as the 49ers posess, there's no excuse for Harbaugh allowing Gore suffer of being worn down or out.
Originally posted by VA49er:
I have to disagee with some of this. Crabtree is becoming the man and is playing at a high level. He is much better this year than last. Hopefully he carry's that into the playoffs. 2. Moss is playing well. Losing Williams is not as big of a deal as losing Morgan last year. I suspect Manningham will be healthy for the playoffs. So to say our Wideout corps is depleted is not at allt he same as last year. We clearly have more talent and more depth and are in better shape right now. Frank Gore looks fresh and James is looking good as well. Again depth and talent in the backfield are making us look much better this year than last heading into the playoffs. I think the Vernon Davis and third down efficiency problems are both tied to kaepernick right now. He is trying very hard to get downfield plays and he has the time in the pocket to do that. It's one thing to go straight to the checkdown. He is waiting too long on deep reads and isn't getting the ball to guys when they have space and time underneath. The fins game was a big improvement in terms of he made his reads and found his recievers often. However TIMING is a huge issue for Kaep pre and post snap. If the underneath routes get the ball sooner we will see more YAC. The other part of this is Davis is staying in to pass protect deep routes or is eating doubles underneath. I think we could scheme Davis better in the passing game yes. I also think we are waiting on his and Moss's routes too much. I think we're going to get better coming through december.

This years 49ers are a very good team. In general, I would say slightly better offense, slightly weaker defense, a few more penalties and a decrease in special teams. About even.

It's also important to note that no team is flawless. However, if someone told you at the start of the year we'd be 9-3-1, wouldn't you be happy?
they turning kaep into alex, playing conservative. let kaep take shots!
Originally posted by bzborow1:
This years 49ers are a very good team. In general, I would say slightly better offense, slightly weaker defense, a few more penalties and a decrease in special teams. About even.

It's also important to note that no team is flawless. However, if someone told you at the start of the year we'd be 9-3-1, wouldn't you be happy?

No I would be "Man your crazy, we are not going to tie anybody."