There are 78 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Offense is on same trend as last season

-injured wide reciever corps with Crabtree seemingly carrying the entire load....Check.

-Gore wearing down and running game becoming less and less productive....Check.

-Greg Roman seemingly trying to go for field goals instead of touchdowns (except with a worse kicking game)....Check.

-Vernon Davis's talents being criminally under-utilized either due to Roman's gameplan or to Vernon's performance (not sure which)....Check.

-Terrible 3rd down efficiency...Check.

One aspect where the Niners are trending differently than last year on offense: Lots and lots of dumb penalties. This one is on the coaching. Harbaugh needs to focus on cleaning this s&it up. Team needs some discipline.
[ Edited by Carhanu21 on Dec 9, 2012 at 7:52 PM ]
I mostly agree with you although I'm not sure I call Frank Gore's 5.3 yard per carry average today wearing down.
watching colin do that stupid monkey dance at the line of scrimmage is getting old. he stands there flailing his arms around yellen random stuff untill harbaugh calls time out.... then he looks around like what happened? i was gona call hike!??? please make this late season experiment stop! and i agree. frank looks stong. guys a beast!
[ Edited by 11back on Dec 9, 2012 at 10:56 PM ]
Ibtl
Originally posted by 11back:
watching colin do that stupid monkey dance at the line of scrimmage is getting old. he stands there flailing his arms around yellen random stuff untill harbaugh calls time out.... then he looks around like what happened? i was gona call hike!??? please make this late season experiment stop! and i agree. frank looks stong. guys a beast!

Can we just ban this guy now? Getting really tired of this BS and people using alternate accounts to act like idiots.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Can we just ban this guy now? Getting really tired of this BS and people using alternate accounts to act like idiots.

Same thing I was thinking.

Anyways, OP... I hear what you are saying. Gore is running harder than he has in a long time. I wouldn't say he is wearing down but if we would start riding him I could see that happening. Although, I don't see us riding him too hard with James and Dixon getting carries. The rest are big concerns... penalties, play clock/time out management, play calling at times, lack of calling plays to get the ball in VDs hands, 3rd downs at times, etc. I know VD is other team's main target but we have to call plays even if it means a few yard catch here in there to get him the ball. Also, Crabtree has been outstanding this year. Need to get him, Manningham and James the ball in space. More slants, quick throws, less 7 step drops... more screens
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 9, 2012 at 11:10 PM ]
Originally posted by Carhanu21:
-injured wide reciever corps with Crabtree seemingly carrying the entire load....Check.

-Greg Roman seemingly trying to go for field goals instead of touchdowns (except with a worse kicking game)....Check.

-Vernon Davis's talents being criminally under-utilized either due to Roman's gameplan or to Vernon's performance (not sure which)....Check.

One aspect where the Niners are trending differently than last year on offense: Lots and lots of dumb penalties. This one is on the coaching. Harbaugh needs to focus on cleaning this s&it up. Team needs some discipline.

Considering that we were just 2 muffed punts away from the superbowl, I'm ok if we're following the same trend as last year. Unfortunately, the biggest difference is that our most clutch player on offense is currently sitting on the bench.
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
Originally posted by Carhanu21:

Considering that we were just 2 muffed punts away from the superbowl, I'm ok if we're following the same trend as last year. Unfortunately, the biggest difference is that our most clutch player on offense is currently sitting on the bench.

Really? I could have sworn that I saw Frank Gore playing today and playing well.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
We're going to start rolling
Member Milestone: This is post number 800 for TinyHandsBigHeart.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Really? I could have sworn that I saw Frank Gore playing today and playing well.

What makes you think Frank is our most clutch player? He may be our best player on offense, but I wouldn't say he was clutch (or unclutch). Kind of hard to evaluate the clutchness of a RB since they don't usually get the ball in critical situations and they depend a lot on the offensive line.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Same thing I was thinking.

Anyways, OP... I hear what you are saying. Gore is running harder than he has in a long time. I wouldn't say he is wearing down but if we would start riding him I could see that happening. Although, I don't see us riding him too hard with James and Dixon getting carries. The rest are big concerns... penalties, play clock/time out management, play calling at times, lack of calling plays to get the ball in VDs hands, 3rd downs at times, etc. I know VD is other team's main target but we have to call plays even if it means a few yard catch here in there to get him the ball. Also, Crabtree has been outstanding this year. Need to get him, Manningham and James the ball in space. More slants, quick throws, less 7 step drops... more screens

This is huge. Those long drops and slow-forming plays are killing me, especially against really aggressive pass rushes. Utilize the quick-hitting plays more, slants and screens, let the receivers catch the ball on the move and rack up some yards after the catch.
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:

What makes you think Frank is our most clutch player? He may be our best player on offense, but I wouldn't say he was clutch (or unclutch). Kind of hard to evaluate the clutchness of a RB since they don't usually get the ball in critical situations and they depend a lot on the offensive line.

LOL You simply need to realize that your hero will never again see the field for the 49ers unless Kap gets hurt. His biggest value to the NIners will be the 2nd or 3rd rd pick they get for him
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Dec 9, 2012 at 11:19 PM ]
LOL You simply need to realize that your hero will never again see the field for the 49ers unless Kap gets hurt. He is DONE.

Not sure what that has to with Frank Gore being clutch??
Stop crying you baby crier.

I was going to make a thread on how pumped I am about the future of this team, the speed that will be on offense, the new stadium, the arse kickin young defense, the majority of playmakers inked for years and so on. Decided not to , but you thought this would be cool. To whine. To make a list of whines. I like how poeple think its so easy.

O s**t and the team won by 2 TD's
Originally posted by DONBIS:
Stop crying you baby crier.

I was going to make a thread on how pumped I am about the future of this team, the speed that will be on offense, the new stadium, the arse kickin young defense, the majority of playmakers inked for years and so on. Decided not to , but you thought this would be cool. To whine. To make a list of whines. I like how poeple think its so easy.

O s**t and the team won by 2 TD's

its a good post man. we do have a really bright future but this post is about our current situation and yes we are on the same trend as last year and that trend lost us a superbowl appearance.

did you not see our 3rd down efficiency today against the 19th ranked defense? did you not see VD have another non existent game? did you not see conservative play calling causing a close game against a team we should of been killing? we have problems on offense

and yea we won by 2 TDs but it could have easily went to OT if our defense didnt stop them on the drive before Kap's TD run.

but gore is still running good but he did break down last yr in the playoffs so we need to still keep monitoring his health and keep him fresh