There are 98 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Soap gotta go...

Rogers is the weak link IMO. It was INFURIATING watching him d*cking around pointing at different people only to be caught off guard by the snap. Also, he has struggled with smaller, shifty receivers all year. Hartline was making him look bad out there for a minute, although we did seem to adjust as the game went on.
our d is fine. we need to get the o moving the chains better.
We seemed to be in the nickel a lot, and seems to expose Soap to more than he can handle. We had 4 guys with hands in the dirt often, but they were the Smiths, Soap, and Mr. Brooks. That for those who care are two linemen, and two backers, with Willis, and Bowmen behind them. This left us with no push up the middle, and Soap looking weak.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
He's clearly the weak link in this defense. You could argue that Rogers isn't playing well, but Culliver is right there to take over and looks very impressive. The NT position on the other hand needs work.

Yep.. I knew.. i was right.. Soap was too weak and bad effect his team.. He don't want injured again.. meh!! he is chicken!! ... And Whitner is too weak for defense because he is bad to read the offense and bad around his nope talent!!
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Dec 9, 2012 at 5:34 PM ]
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by kray28:
LOL @ why are we blaming Soap? Does the OP understand the job of the NT in a 3-4?

It's post game . . . win or lose somebody has to go.

sacrifices must be made!
  • DRnSFw
  • Veteran
OP created this thread and only posted once!

This thread should be locked
Originally posted by DRnSFw:

We gotta lock your face!
  • DRnSFw
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:

We gotta lock your face!

go laid down next to your boy PAC MAN he still sleeping doe

We gotta lock your face!

go laid down next to your boy PAC MAN he still sleeping doe

I'm hurt bro. Not gonna PM you right now.
watch the tape. Soap is a beast. immovable.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
he is solid but the NT position definitely can be upgraded

Agree. He is a very solid player, but I do believe he will replaced in the draft by a cheaper replacement.
Originally posted by baltien:
Rogers is the weak link IMO. It was INFURIATING watching him d*cking around pointing at different people only to be caught off guard by the snap. Also, he has struggled with smaller, shifty receivers all year. Hartline was making him look bad out there for a minute, although we did seem to adjust as the game went on.

In another thread I defended him, saying he was doing the same as he did last year (he was burned by smaller, shiftier, speedy receivers last year, too), but today he was just stinking it up out there. Dude looked awful.
Originally posted by redrathman:
He's clearly the weak link in this defense. You could argue that Rogers isn't playing well, but Culliver is right there to take over and looks very impressive. The NT position on the other hand needs work.

One could argue that you're the weak link of these very forums for such posts.

Wow, someone is getting testy over Sopoaga...
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Not sure I agree with you there. He swallows up blockers every time he is in the game. That is his job. He will never be flashy.

It would be great if that were true. He isn't swallowing up anybody. The only lineman doing so is Justin Smith.

YES! What games are these people watching?! My point wasn't based on lack of sack numbers. I know the job of a NT. I watched one today. He plays for Miami. Soap is weak as a 3-4 NT. If someone wants to demonstrate to me how he "swallows up blockers" I'd be grateful. Simply...he doesn't!

Great perspective. He should have more sacks because he's big and strong and can do massive bench presses. Great linemen have great stats and you transitioned this thread to Rogers with utter flawlessness.

You're speaking nonsense, and clearly are putting words in my mouth. My problem with Soap has nothing to do with sack #s. It has to do with weak run blocking up the middle, innability to take on and swallow up multiple blockers, and everythign else a 3-4 NT should be doing. I understand football. You don't need to humor me by pretending that my issue is with his sack #s