LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 208 users in the forums

Soap gotta go...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He's clearly the weak link in this defense. You could argue that Rogers isn't playing well, but Culliver is right there to take over and looks very impressive. The NT position on the other hand needs work.
Not sure I agree with you there. He swallows up blockers every time he is in the game. That is his job. He will never be flashy.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
He's clearly the weak link in this defense. You could argue that Rogers isn't playing well, but Culliver is right there to take over and looks very impressive. The NT position on the other hand needs work.

One could argue that you're the weak link of these very forums for such posts.
Just to add to my other point, I remember when people were worried that the defense would regress when Sopoaga took over for Franklin. The defense got better. We should know better than to take a solid NT for granted.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Not sure I agree with you there. He swallows up blockers every time he is in the game. That is his job. He will never be flashy.

exactly.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
LOL @ why are we blaming Soap? Does the OP understand the job of the NT in a 3-4?
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Sooooooooo...... whom do we replace Sopoaga??????

It's not like a Michael Carter comes along every day. NT in this defense is a hard position to play and in many ways, goes unnoticed unless something goes horrifically wrong.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Not to mention, one of the clear improvements to the D happened when Soap took over for Franklin.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:

It would be great if that were true. He isn't swallowing up anybody. The only lineman doing so is Justin Smith.
I wish there was some evidence in the OP? as far as I can see through the games soap has been doing his job.

Originally posted by ace49ers:
I wish there was some evidence in the OP? as far as I can see through the games soap has been doing his job.

I'm pretty sure OP was originally RollinWithNolan and changed his name to RollinWith21n52 when Nolan got canned.

Evidence: OP is a _______.
bring back aubrayo
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

Great perspective. He should have more sacks because he's big and strong and can do massive bench presses. Great linemen have great stats and you transitioned this thread to Rogers with utter flawlessness.
Originally posted by kray28:
LOL @ why are we blaming Soap? Does the OP understand the job of the NT in a 3-4?

It's post game . . . win or lose somebody has to go.
he is solid but the NT position definitely can be upgraded
Share 49ersWebzone