There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

These next 2 weeks........

Hoping the Patriots have a small disadvantage from getting roughed up a bit tonight leaving them with a short week to recover...
49ers:

@ Patriots
@ Seahawks
Cardinals

Seahawks:

@ Buffalo (Toronto)
49ers
St. Louis

These next two games will determine whether we have a bye, we win our division, or we have to start the playoffs on the road (wildcard ). We need one of the next two.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
49ers:

@ Patriots
@ Seahawks
Cardinals

Seahawks:

@ Buffalo (Toronto)
49ers
St. Louis

These next two games will determine whether we have a bye, we win our division, or we have to start the playoffs on the road (wildcard ). We need one of the next two.

We have an interesting parallel to 2011:

Prepare for big AFC primetime game (Steelers) then Seahawks back to back....then week 17 game against weak Rams to retain #2 seed.

We wound up winning all 3 and keeping Saints out of #2.

This year we have Patriots filling in the AFC role, Seahawks again in week 16, and week 17 against weak Cards to possibly fend off the Packers.

Right now they are 9-4, and have remaining:

@Bears
Tennessee
@Minnesota

They could run the table, but I doubt it, esp. this year's Packers. I just can't see them winning both divisional games, esp. since both are on the road now.

It would be crazy, but if I had my choice, I'd rather have us as 12-3-1 and Packers at 12-4 than both of us with worse records, and similar seeding.
Most important thing next week, IMO, is GB losing to Chicago. Even if we lose @ NE, a win @ SEA will still give us the #2 seed (assuming we beat Ari) if GB loses @ Chi.

We just really need to hope that Chicago/Cutler bring their A game for a huge matchup against the Packers.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Most important thing next week, IMO, is GB losing to Chicago. Even if we lose @ NE, a win @ SEA will still give us the #2 seed (assuming we beat Ari) if GB loses @ Chi.

We just really need to hope that Chicago/Cutler bring their A game for a huge matchup against the Packers.

And we need to win one of the next two games.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,051
There can be a chance that we lose to both the Pats and Seamonkeys and come in 2nd in the division. We've got to take care of business or well be a wildcard going into the playoffs.
we clinch the 2 seed
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,051
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
we clinch the 2 seed

I think the way we've been playing. we lose to seahawks and patriots.
One game at a time ..we will focus on busting up New England all week , when monday morning gets here, the SeaChickens will be the primary focus of an ass beating
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,055
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
I think the way we've been playing. we lose to seahawks and patriots.

i think you are right and we will struggle against the cardinals because that is just what we do against bottom tier teams as of late. the second seed is fantasy when you look at the way we are playing and the way our next two foes are playing now. we will be lucky to host a wild card game, if we get into the playoffs. it is quite possible we can lose the next 3 games in my opinion
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,051
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
I think the way we've been playing. we lose to seahawks and patriots.


Your going to jinx them.
It looks like the Patriots are peaking at the right time. The same can't be said about the 49ers. Beating them will be tough.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,051
Originally posted by fastforward:
It looks like the Patriots are peaking at the right time. The same can't be said about the 49ers. Beating them will be tough.


Got to put Brady on his kester.
Originally posted by cciowa:
i think you are right and we will struggle against the cardinals because that is just what we do against bottom tier teams as of late. the second seed is fantasy when you look at the way we are playing and the way our next two foes are playing now. we will be lucky to host a wild card game, if we get into the playoffs. it is quite possible we can lose the next 3 games in my opinion
we have won 3 out of 4. Destroyed the Bears in a 2nd year QB's 1st start on Monday Night Football. Beat the Saints on the road for the first time in over a decade (1/6/02) by double digits, btw, at that point they had won 5 of 6 including handing the Falcons their 1st loss. Covered a 10.5 point spread against a pretty tough and physical Dolphins team. So therefore because we lost to the Rams because of A.) poor officiating (blown intentional grounding call, and I don't care if Kap shouldn't have run backwards, a blown call is a blown call), B.) a horrendous turnover by the QB, and C.) Akers missing ANOTHER overtime game winning field goal, your deductive reasoning leads you to the conclusion that we will be lucky to host a wild card game????? AND possibly lose all 3 remaining games???? Am I watching different games?? Have I been watching a different team??? Or are my expectations more reasonable and I don't expect the Niners to duplicate my statistical achievements during franchise mode in Madden?? I'm going with the latter.
[ Edited by CUSEniners on Dec 11, 2012 at 12:11 PM ]