There are 274 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 15)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
Greg Roman's conservative play calls in the second half are to blame for this loss

Harbaugh is his boss, and he has the right to shake things up, and to make Fangio call a real defense. I like Jim, but he needs to fix some things.

I was about to say that I was happy to see the conservative play calling change, but the change in momentum was not due to Roman, but rather, it was due to LaMichael's punt return and I recall Harbs saying on the subsequent play was not designed to have Michael Crabtree as the first option. Roman has disappointed me bigtime. You don't mess around with a Patriots by going conservative when they can do exactly what they did to us or could have done to us .

I'm thrilled this did not result in a loss.
[ Edited by LionHeartofGold on Dec 17, 2012 at 9:48 AM ]
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Refs were awful. There was a time that Hochuli was one of the best...most stand up Head refs. He's just old now, and possibly getting senile. The other zebras were totally intimidated by the home crowd and either swallowed their whistles for the Niners or were more than happy to give the Patsies any gift they could give them.
Goodell may be the single worst thing to happen to the nfl
The Afc has gone soft, all their hard nosed teams of the past, steelers, ravens etc are turning into finesse passing teams, with that being said, can't wait to watch 1st take today to see Skip Bayless eat his words
Originally posted by NorthEasterner:
Hi guys,

Just popping in to congratulate you all and your team. We all watch football with a rooting interest, but also in order to see great athletes and great coaches doing impressive things. What I saw last night was just fantastic sports entertainment, not in the WWE sense but a great contest fought tooth and nail, with excellent athleticism, hunger, and technical execution all around. Hoping for a rematch, even if having to go into Denver in January seems a hopeless proposition. As the Niners showed, there's no such thing.

Awesome post bro. First fan to come back in after and congratulate, most won't do that. Good luck.
Originally posted by MrCrab49ers:
The 49ers just a had big win against the Patriots in Foxboro, but yet people are still complaining. It's tough to play a perfect game. C'mon man!!!

Dashon Goldston just made a big hit on Pat's 260 pound TEHernandez that separated him from the ball. It was legal, not helmet to helmet, but yet the freaking referee flagged Dashon for 15 yeards. It's tough enough to beat the Patriots at home, but to play against the bad officiating too. C'mon man!!!

That hit is what made Hernandez scared out of his damn mind the next play that caused the Aldon Smith INT. I love our defense they literally strike fear into opposing offenses!
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
Brady tantrum after the timeout might have been the best part of the game. f**king child!! Hahaha

"I want my juice box!"

How was Brady not flagged for this!

He's Tom Brady? C'mon, do you even have to ask this?
he also got away with intentional grounding

What pisses me off is the very next play the refs give them that weak PI call. Such b******t

Entirely too funny seeing him throw his hands like that
How else you suppose to hit or tackle a guy anymore? Ronnie Lott would have been fined every game. It's ridiculous!!!
2 things from me: that pass interference call was ridiculous in the end zone that gave them 1st and goal and can we PLEASE get somebody that can return punts back there, C'MON MAN!?!?
Originally posted by MrCrab49ers:
How else you suppose to hit or tackle a guy anymore? Ronnie Lott would have been fined every game. It's ridiculous!!!

Ronnie Lott wouldn't even be able to play. Which is a damn shame

Tom Brady is the biggest b***h I've ever seen.
I'm wondering if Goldson will be suspended since this is his 4-5th flag this year!

I sure hope not because with him and possibly Justin Smith out we are a much different team.
  • Jiks
I think that Dashon penalty was the right call. It wasn't neccasarily head to head, but he did go kind of high and hit the helmet just underneath. The league has to crack down on stuff like this, even if it wasn't a penalty really, it was close so I can't hate on it.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Dec 17, 2012 at 9:56 AM ]
Originally posted by glorydayz:
I'm wondering if Goldson will be suspended since this is his 4-5th flag this year!

I sure hope not because with him and possibly Justin Smith out we are a much different team.

doubt it, when the league reviews the hit they'll see that it was a clean hit.
That "hit on a defenseless receiver" penalty.....C'MON MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone