There are 183 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 15)

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
i don't see the patriots getting complacent for a prime time game.......................


No, but it seems like just when people think the 49ers have no shot, they rise up and play their best football. REGARDLESS of how the opposing team prepares, the 49ers defense can shut them down.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,700
Go, Niners, go!
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch #49ers Frank Gore's assessment of Patriots after watching MNF game: "They're ballin'. Those m----ers are ballin'."

Even Frank Gore knows that we are gonna lose
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch #49ers Frank Gore's assessment of Patriots after watching MNF game: "They're ballin'. Those m----ers are ballin'."

Even Frank Gore knows that we are gonna lose

He knows not to underestimate them. -We usually perform well when we know which teams not to underestimate. Most of the teams we've lost to this season, the players always admitted they underestimated them, even the Giants (cause they let their emotions fuel them more than their focus, and came out flat).
Originally posted by Mankster:
Originally posted by hofer36:
explain the more dynamic offense please--im not getting that

I was referring to the Cards and Hawks...not the Patriots.

Our offense is more dynamic then the Cards (no explanation should be needed)
...and here is how the Niners compare to the Hawks on paper. (per NFL.com)

Off Niners Hawks
Pts 13th 15th
Yds 12th 21st
Pass 26th 29th
Rush 2nd 4th

Def Niners Hawks
Pts 1st 2nd
Yds 2nd 3rd
Pass 2nd 4th
Rush 2nd 10th

i see---definetely agree re cards---right now id say the seahawks and niners offense are fairly close as far as being dynamic--wilson and kaeprnick are similar and lynch and gore are too----crabtree probably better than any seahawk wr but they seem to get more balanced production from their wrs
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by susweel:
CK will have a big game on SNF.


The stars shine brightest under the lights.
I hope you are right, the alternative aka in laying an egg twice on national tv in front of the niner hater collinsworth is something that i do not like to think about

can you imagine how many shots of Alex standing on the sideline they are gonna show.

i hope he is bundled up as it probably will be cold!
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch #49ers Frank Gore's assessment of Patriots after watching MNF game: "They're ballin'. Those m----ers are ballin'."

Even Frank Gore knows that we are gonna lose

How?
Originally posted by hofer36:
i see---definetely agree re cards---right now id say the seahawks and niners offense are fairly close as far as being dynamic--wilson and kaeprnick are similar and lynch and gore are too----crabtree probably better than any seahawk wr but they seem to get more balanced production from their wrs

I think balance is comming along. Manningham is really getting in the mix when healthy, just need to get Vernon started back up and a couple of more plays to Moss per game and really I would be happy with the distribution. Crabtree is really rounding into form as a reliable number one and chain mover this year, really proud of him, but they need to keep working toward evening out further....be nice to see Jenkins threaded in to the game plan a few times a game too.
Man I'm stoked for this game. Been waiting for so long to see how Harbaugh and Co. would stack up against Bellicheck and his staff. I think Harbaugh admires them in many ways, he didn't make Brad Seely the assisntant head coach for nothing! Seely was with the Pats during their dynasty so I'm sure he played a role in developing that unique "team atmosphere" both these teams posses.

With that said, I think this going to be a real close game that comes down to whichever staff outsmarts the other. Because both teams are incredibly talented and if you analyze the game by the match-up, you can literally flip a coin!

All I know for sure is we're about to learn a whoooole lot about who Harbaugh and the 49ers really are and potentially what they've become.

5 days!
My gut says this game turns out different than people think. -Everybody will be picking the Pats, and sucking off the Seahawks to edge themselves deeper within the NFC West race; I see the opposite happening.

Harbaugh's ego won't allow us not to throw up a smart/gutsy gameplan against one of the best NFL coaches of the recent decade. Jim's been waiting for this game (cause he's a competitive b*****d), even though he'll deny it and say that "oh the Packers were the first team on the list" b******t, Jim wants it bad.

You're gonna see a determined team next week, no matter the outcome. -We may have our shortcomings, but we're not the f**king s**t Texans.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 29,801
https
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,700
f**k Brady, Aldon is gonna get his ass.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Dec 11, 2012 at 12:28 PM ]
Jimmy Boyd Picks anyone ever heard of this guy? pretty true analyses

http://www.locksmithsportspicks.com/49ers-patriots-odds/
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
My gut says this game turns out different than people think. -Everybody will be picking the Pats, and sucking off the Seahawks to edge themselves deeper within the NFC West race; I see the opposite happening.

Harbaugh's ego won't allow us not to throw up a smart/gutsy gameplan against one of the best NFL coaches of the recent decade. Jim's been waiting for this game (cause he's a competitive b*****d), even though he'll deny it and say that "oh the Packers were the first team on the list" b******t, Jim wants it bad.

You're gonna see a determined team next week, no matter the outcome. -We may have our shortcomings, but we're not the f**king s**t Texans.

Well, I hope you're right. The 49ers seem to be able to get up for the teams that are supposed to be a challenge.

All their losses have come at the hands "inferior" competition; outside of the Giants.

Watching what the Pats did to the Texans was a little concerning; HOWEVER, that was a Texan team less Cushing, and a healthy Barowin and Reed.

The Patriots are going to face a defense with better linebackers, Secondary, and overall D-line.

The defensive question is....... are the 49ers going to give the Pat receivers space, or clamp down and make Brady hold onto the ball a little longer.

Another BIG 49er advantage is Brady's stone feet. If the pressure shows up, this game could get interesting.

Last, the 49ers have a better offense than the Texans, so the outstanding defensive performance we saw last Monday needs to be tempered a tad.
I think we need to dust off our old Kurt Warner game plans and pressure Brady hard up the middle to move him off of his spot and TRY to keep him from stepping up. Easier said than done of course.