There are 286 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 15)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Face it we can't outscore New England on the road ...our defense has holes...the Rams put 24 points on us at home.
Basically I am saying that if you don't have a defense that can STOP US FROM RUNNING, then you have no chance and if you can't run the football ON OUR DEFENSE, you become one dimensional and you play into what we want. It becomes about the trenches and I would fear SEA more than NE. I don't worry about our pass defense this year and we have been beaten when the other team wins the TO battle and has success running on us and slowing us down as far as our rushing attack or getting us away from the run. I am counting on us winning this contest
Originally posted by boogie:
If there is a team that will test the Niners on every level, its the Patriots. They are very very well coached and a QB who is extremely smart. I would love the 49ers pull a good upset. A respected upset. The offense AND defense MUST show up!!!!!!

So you don't want the the special teams to show up?
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
You heard it here first. Niners 24 patriots 17.

This isn't 1984.
LOL @ everyone so scared of the Pats.

This is a week to week league. The Texans are soft..we aren't. Our D does great against spread offenses (@GB, vs DET).

Key will be to get our run game going to setup playaction for CK.

I have faith on both sides of the ball for us.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Teams will let Keap run to keep the passing game in check. He wont be successful enough times to beat a team with his legs. If a team's QB is only scoring on his legs that's fine, it wont get to 3+ TD's in a game.....we need to do more.

I know the kid can run but its not going to carry the team very long. We need to go vertical.

We need to win. I am willing to wager that the Patriots don't put up more than 24 points and that we will put up more. We have been among the league's most efficient offenses this season when you look at yards per snap. We don't get a lot of yards or points because our ball control offense chews up clock and shortens the game an the amount of snaps for both teams but we rarely punt this year. A very high percentage of our meaningful possessions end up in points it seems while at the end of games we milk clock and skew our stats but we basically do what we want to do while keeping the other QB sidelined and when they get their shot we keep em passing and playing into our hands. Our offense has been wildy successful when you consider that it is very complimentary to our defensive philosophy. Have you noticed there are other teams trying to adapt a lot of what we have been doing also??

I understand the logic you are explaining and agree but...that was based on safe play from the QB. With Keap we are talking about a green player who is learning. A kid who has put the ball on the ground more in 2 weeks than he has thrown TD's. Alex can read a D and check in and out of the right plays to exploit a D....Keap is not doing that yet, Jim has acknowledged this. I worry that his inexperience will cost us at a time when we cant have f**kups. We are built on not making mistakes, with a rookie we run a great chance of making mistakes. If he was playing like he did in Chicago I would feel a whole lot better....the past 2 weeks, I'm very at the moment.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Face it we can't outscore New England on the road ...our defense has holes...the Rams put 24 points on us at home.

It was Kaep's first game and we came off a bye and we were flat and they put up 14 pts early. We held em to 10pts through 3 quarters in regulation. Smith finished that game and we win but Kaep is the man going forward. If our defense has holes then what of other ball clubs?? We are the one defense equipped to put it to NE and their defense simply will not get us off the field. We don't score often because we chew clock, but we score very efficiently and we are getting better
Originally posted by Leathaface:
LOL @ everyone so scared of the Pats.

This is a week to week league. The Texans are soft..we aren't. Our D does great against spread offenses (@GB, vs DET).

Key will be to get our run game going to setup playaction for CK.

I have faith on both sides of the ball for us.

People freaking out as usual.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by boogie:
If there is a team that will test the Niners on every level, its the Patriots. They are very very well coached and a QB who is extremely smart. I would love the 49ers pull a good upset. A respected upset. The offense AND defense MUST show up!!!!!!

So you don't want the the special teams to show up?

He did omit them. I believe he doesn't want the special teams to show up.

It was Kaep's first game and we came off a bye and we were flat and they put up 14 pts early. We held em to 10pts through 3 quarters in regulation. Smith finished that game and we win but Kaep is the man going forward. If our defense has holes then what of other ball clubs?? We are the one defense equipped to put it to NE and their defense simply will not get us off the field. We don't score often because we chew clock, but we score very efficiently and we are getting better

Defense and special teams helped us against Miami and New Orleans. The Rams beat us...Offsensively we are regresssing....and we don't chew clock with Kaepernick.

I understand the logic you are explaining and agree but...that was based on safe play from the QB. With Keap we are talking about a green player who is learning. A kid who has put the ball on the ground more in 2 weeks than he has thrown TD's. Alex can read a D and check in and out of the right plays to exploit a D....Keap is not doing that yet, Jim has acknowledged this. I worry that his inexperience will cost us at a time when we cant have f**kups. We are built on not making mistakes, with a rookie we run a great chance of making mistakes. If he was playing like he did in Chicago I would feel a whole lot better....the past 2 weeks, I'm very at the moment.

Rushing TDs count too and the team has scored way more tds then TOs under both Kaep and Smith. That much hasn't changed but what has is that Kaep isn't as heady and savvy as Smith yet so he isn't as good of a manager yet but he is much mores the playmaker than Smith was and he has the ability and the jewels to make game changing plays in the tightest windows and farthest distances if need be and defenses have to be wary of this and account for this thus opening up more of the playbook and the football field real estate. Give this thing time. Jim has a vision
Not sure if already mentioned...

Patriots have 20 consecutive wins in December at Gillette stadium!
Defense and special teams helped us against Miami and New Orleans. The Rams beat us...Offsensively we are regresssing....and we don't chew clock with Kaepernick.

All year we have chewed clock but yes with Kaep he oftentimes scores quickly, but that is the explosive element we have lacked in the past. Point is we can chew clock or at least keep it running like we did with that 9 minute drive in the Superdome and we are ending meaningful drives in scores not punts or TOs. We will get better as our new pieces get acclimated and we need to give this thing time
Originally posted by DonJulio:
Not sure if already mentioned...

Patriots have 20 consecutive wins in December at Gillette stadium!

This is why I am excited for this game. This win can make a huge statement and Bellicheck was one of the coaches Harbaugh mentioned wanting to match wits with when he first took this job. I want to beat this team playing our brand of football

Rushing TDs count too and the team has scored way more tds then TOs under both Kaep and Smith. That much hasn't changed but what has is that Kaep isn't as heady and savvy as Smith yet so he isn't as good of a manager yet but he is much mores the playmaker than Smith was and he has the ability and the jewels to make game changing plays in the tightest windows and farthest distances if need be and defenses have to be wary of this and account for this thus opening up more of the playbook and the football field real estate. Give this thing time. Jim has a vision
Rushing TD's are hard to get and we cant rely on the ground game to win every game. Where does this Keap is a better play maker stuff come from...what plays? Rushing for a 50yd TD is great but its one great play in a whole game. Nothing is consistent right now. He is throwing for under 200 yards a game so this great super dynamic ability that people keep talking about is more myth right now....nothing is happening. If it was he would score through the air once in 9 quarters which he hasnt. Did Miami look scared, did the Rams? The only people that think he is this dynamic superstar right now are 9er fans. You think the Pats are worried about getting in a shoot out with Keap right now?

The kid has all the potential in the world but he isn't going to unlock it in a few weeks. And that vision is a work in progress, something we cant wait for at the moment.
Share 49ersWebzone