LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 308 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 15)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Lol no way in hell we win next week.
Just want to throw in my two cents: "We're f**ked."
Originally posted by jreff22:
I thought beating the Packers in GB did that........

when I see us make a team pay for loading the box I will believe it, havent seen that since Chicago

Let us not forget 2 things. Previously we had Alex under center and he was not the greatest threat to make a defense pay deep down field for cheating in the box and secondly, we lost Kendall Hunter in the Saints game and that caused us some trouble finding our running game rhythm. Having said that, I believe as Kaep is more comfortable the defense has to worry about his arm his legs and his ability to use his arm while using his legs at any and all angles and that will stretach any defense thin so much as to leave Gore and a newly acclimated LMJ opportunities to take advantage. When this thing jells, it will be a pleasure to watch. No one stands a chance vs our rush attack unless they stack 8 in the box. Period
Originally posted by Leathaface:
lol

the read option will not beat the Pats, this isnt the NCAA

Maybe you've been living under a rock, but the read option works in the NFL.
who was the last team to win the Superbowl running the read option?

Dude let it go! Alex is no longer the QB and Romney lost. Time to move on.
You heard it here first. Niners 24 patriots 17.
I would hate to watch any game on TV or go to any of these games with some of you dudes if you are already conceding the contest before it even starts. is this why they call us Whiners? I know we need to be realistic but I have been of the opinion that we had a shot at proving ourselves to be the best TEAM this year.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I thought beating the Packers in GB did that........

when I see us make a team pay for loading the box I will believe it, havent seen that since Chicago

Let us not forget 2 things. Previously we had Alex under center and he was not the greatest threat to make a defense pay deep down field for cheating in the box and secondly, we lost Kendall Hunter in the Saints game and that caused us some trouble finding our running game rhythm. Having said that, I believe as Kaep is more comfortable the defense has to worry about his arm his legs and his ability to use his arm while using his legs at any and all angles and that will stretach any defense thin so much as to leave Gore and a newly acclimated LMJ opportunities to take advantage. When this thing jells, it will be a pleasure to watch. No one stands a chance vs our rush attack unless they stack 8 in the box. Period

Teams will let Keap run to keep the passing game in check. He wont be successful enough times to beat a team with his legs. If a team's QB is only scoring on his legs that's fine, it wont get to 3+ TD's in a game.....we need to do more.

I know the kid can run but its not going to carry the team very long. We need to go vertical.
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
lol

the read option will not beat the Pats, this isnt the NCAA

Maybe you've been living under a rock, but the read option works in the NFL.
who was the last team to win the Superbowl running the read option?

Dude let it go! Alex is no longer the QB and Romney lost. Time to move on.
I'm fine. Roman and Jim need to adjust the game plan and get the kid some shots down field. I fear more for his safety than anything else, every running QB has been hurt this year. We dont want 2 QB's with concussion issues.
If there is a team that will test the Niners on every level, its the Patriots. They are very very well coached and a QB who is extremely smart. I would love the 49ers pull a good upset. A respected upset. The offense AND defense MUST show up!!!!!!
Culliver on Welker f**k that havin brown

oh ok
Teams will let Keap run to keep the passing game in check. He wont be successful enough times to beat a team with his legs. If a team's QB is only scoring on his legs that's fine, it wont get to 3+ TD's in a game.....we need to do more.

I know the kid can run but its not going to carry the team very long. We need to go vertical.

We need to win. I am willing to wager that the Patriots don't put up more than 24 points and that we will put up more. We have been among the league's most efficient offenses this season when you look at yards per snap. We don't get a lot of yards or points because our ball control offense chews up clock and shortens the game an the amount of snaps for both teams but we rarely punt this year. A very high percentage of our meaningful possessions end up in points it seems while at the end of games we milk clock and skew our stats but we basically do what we want to do while keeping the other QB sidelined and when they get their shot we keep em passing and playing into our hands. Our offense has been wildy successful when you consider that it is very complimentary to our defensive philosophy. Have you noticed there are other teams trying to adapt a lot of what we have been doing also??
We will beat the patritos!
we wont

Share 49ersWebzone