There are 198 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Brandon Jacobs Suspended (per twitter)

Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I'm assuming the waiver process would still apply through the regular season, so interested teams put in a waiver claim and claiming team with the worst record gets him.

I am pretty sure that, as a vested veteran, he would not be subject to the waiver process.

Oh ok . . . gotcha. So he could go where he wants. Even more reason to keep him hostage . . . a well paid hostage.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by MarkD:
So "Earth" is mad again huh. He better shut his mouth or he will be joining "Wind" and "Fire"

What?
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by MarkD:
So "Earth" is mad again huh. He better shut his mouth or he will be joining "Wind" and "Fire"

What?

hmm if i remember correctly
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2008/09/new_york_giants_bakfield_nickn.html
Why doesn't it surprise me that so much venom is directed at Jacobs. Especially by tough talking anonymous types, who wouldn't have a clue about what it takes to be an athlete, I'd wager.

I'm sympathetic with Jacob's plight. It's unfprtunate that circumstances have conspired to prevent his lack of playing time. One should be more sympathetic of his predicament. He's a competitor. He's worked hard at getting in great shape and wants to play. He doesn't have many more years left and his inability to showcase his talent will only make it more difficult for him to land a good contract elsewhere. If I were in his shoes, I'd be disenchanted too. He's been honest about it. People here have no idea what was said to entice him to sign on. From all indications he hasn't been poison in the locker room either; you always see him celibrating with his teammates on the sidelines.

Try to show a little compassion, instead of acting all tough. I'm pretty sure that his teammates understand his frustration. Let the team handle it how they deem fit.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Why doesn't it surprise me that so much venom is directed at Jacobs. Especially by tough talking anonymous types, who wouldn't have a clue about what it takes to be an athlete, I'd wager.

I'm sympathetic with Jacob's plight. It's unfprtunate that circumstances have conspired to prevent his lack of playing time. One should be more sympathetic of his predicament. He's a competitor. He's worked hard at getting in great shape and wants to play. He doesn't have many more years left and his inability to showcase his talent will only make it more difficult for him to land a good contract elsewhere. If I were in his shoes, I'd be disenchanted too. He's been honest about it. People here have no idea what was said to entice him to sign on. From all indications he hasn't been poison in the locker room either; you always see him celibrating with his teammates on the sidelines.

Try to show a little compassion, instead of acting all tough. I'm pretty sure that his teammates understand his frustration. Let the team handle it how they deem fit.

I've played sports my whole life and I know the dedication required to stay at the top of your game, I also understand the "competitive fire" that Jacobs cites but what I understand even more is that nobody is above the team and if you were signed and told" hey you're our #3 RB who likely wont see more then 5-10% of the snaps per game and thats if you've justified the idea of us having 4 active RBs because our current #4 that you bumped down the depth chart is one of our core ST players" -- That he should know his role and put the success of the team in front of his desires and do everything he can to be ready for his opportunity and not go public with any sort of difference of opinion from those of the decision makers and those who write his paycheck.
Social Media is the DEVIL !!!!

Originally posted by Rsrkshn:

That you Brandon?

Brandon Jacobs has always been a loudmouth douche. This is nothing new. Its a team sport. He as the one that chose to come to a team ith a crowded backfield. On top of that its not like teams were breaking down his door to aquire his services.

I dont feel sorry for anyone who earns a damn good paycheck for playing a game.
he is doing what we all feared when we signed him, he is complaining and causing drama to the 49ers using the media just like he did in NY.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
That you Brandon?

Brandon Jacobs has always been a loudmouth douche. This is nothing new. Its a team sport. He as the one that chose to come to a team ith a crowded backfield. On top of that its not like teams were breaking down his door to aquire his services.

Not even that. He earns a check for standing around watching football on sundays. i wish i could have his job for a third of the money he makes.

That you Brandon?

This. I think all his bi**hing and complaining is funny, not good enough to start after our number 2 goes down. Sit on the practice squad the rest of the season and bi**h, maybe you can crawl back to NY next year.
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
That you Brandon?

This. I think all his bi**hing and complaining is funny, not good enough to start after our number 2 goes down. Sit on the practice squad the rest of the season and bi**h, maybe you can crawl back to NY next year.
it pisses me off.one of the most immature guys in the NFL
Never liked the pick-up of Jacobs. His production has tailed off the past three years. There has always been a hesitation at the line of scrimmage to his game.
Jacobs runs way too soft for a big man.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
I'm assuming the waiver process would still apply through the regular season, so interested teams put in a waiver claim and claiming team with the worst record gets him.

I am pretty sure that, as a vested veteran, he would not be subject to the waiver process.

Oh ok . . . gotcha. So he could go where he wants. Even more reason to keep him hostage . . . a well paid hostage.

Nope...think everyone goes through the waiver wire. Jason Babin did.
You can't blame Jacobs for being frustrated. As a competitor you want to PLAY. If you are an ambitious individual and passionate about your job, you would want to PLAY or be in the action.

Having said that, I think he should of been a little bit more low key in the situation. Not use social media to call his boss out. He should of gone to his boss and said "boss, I liked to get playing time really bad. How do I earn the chance?" But that's Jacobs though, if you followed his career he's always been a loud mouth and says what's on his mind.

Now that Kendall Hunter is out, I think we should see more of Jacobs for short yardage situations.