There are 125 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Could we be on Sunday night back to back?

I hope not. For us to get flexed into the primetime spot, the Niners would have to lose against Miami and NE and the Seahawks would need to win their games this week and next.

Hence, that week's game would be for the division. I dont like that thought at all, and playing in Seattle with that crowd noise in a primetime game is something I would not want this team (with Kaep) to be a part of. Better we win and Seat loses this week, and the game 2 weeks from now has no significance.
[ Edited by cook49ers on Dec 6, 2012 at 8:50 PM ]
Originally posted by barako:
I think we are qualified to get another primetime because one of our primetime game is a Thursday.

I can't believe we went to the NFC championship game and we only get 5 primetime games. East coast bias, SMH.

Only 5? How does East Coast bias play into this? We're getting the same amount as the Giants, Pats etc. I'm all for ECB but saying this ECB is a little far-fetched. We can't have all of our games in prime time.
You know what's ECB, forcing west coast teams to play at 10 AM. Can you imagine the outcry if the the Giants had to play in Greenland at 10 AM?
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cook49ers:
I hope not. For us to get flexed into the primetime spot, the Niners would have to lose against Miami and NE and the Seahawks would need to win their games this week and next.

Hence, that week's game would be for the division. I dont like that thought at all, and playing in Seattle with that crowd noise in a primetime game is something I would not want this team (with Kaep) to be a part of. Better we win and Seat loses this week, and the game 2 weeks from now has no significance.

I disagree. They just need to put a good match up out there. No one wants to see chargers and jets
Originally posted by toeshawn:
Originally posted by cook49ers:

I disagree. They just need to put a good match up out there. No one wants to see chargers and jets

East coast bias buddy. No way Niners-Sea get flexed for primetime unless the division is on the line. NFL fans would much rather watch NY vs the Bumblef**ks than to watch any West coast team, no matter how good that team is.
NYG/BAL and CIN/PIT were both protected by FOX and CBS respectively. They're not gonna keep Jets-Chargers. I think them flexing NO-DAL is more likely but that will depend on how NO and DAL do this week. If the game lacks playoff implications, it won't matter if it's the Cowboys.

Still doubt SF-SEA gets flexed though.
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Really? Did the Texans earned that win vs Detroit?

Two blown calls in this last game vs the Rams, and one of them being a blown REPLAY. They didn't earn s**t.

Yeah, I know right? Not like Jenkins outhustled Ginn for the ball, or the Rams drove into FG position twice late to tie then win, or overall outcoached the Niners' coaching staff.

Thanks, Expert, for dilineating for us what does or does not constitute "earning" a victory.
It be nices to see the 9ers in two back to back games prime time sunday night. I hope!
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Yeah, I know right? Not like Jenkins outhustled Ginn for the ball, or the Rams drove into FG position twice late to tie then win, or overall outcoached the Niners' coaching staff.

Thanks, Expert, for dilineating for us what does or does not constitute "earning" a victory.

Jenkins was down and the ball did cross the LOS. Gifted, not earned.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Really? Did the Texans earned that win vs Detroit?

Two blown calls in this last game vs the Rams, and one of them being a blown REPLAY. They didn't earn s**t.

You did not outcoached the 49ers. Maybe in the first game, early you did. But not this game. You guys probably wouldn't have scored if we didn't give you 10 points. In the end you won. So be happy with that. But I would venture to say you won the first game more than you won this game.
Originally posted by sfgip10:
I think we are qualified to get another primetime because one of our primetime game is a Thursday.

I can't believe we went to the NFC championship game and we only get 5 primetime games. East coast bias, SMH.

Only 5? How does East Coast bias play into this? We're getting the same amount as the Giants, Pats etc. I'm all for ECB but saying this ECB is a little far-fetched. We can't have all of our games in prime time.

Agreed. And it was reported when the schedule came out that five primetime games is the most any one team is allowed to have. We were one of three or four teams to get maxed out.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by sfgip10:

Agreed. And it was reported when the schedule came out that five primetime games is the most any one team is allowed to have. We were one of three or four teams to get maxed out.

Hopefully there are exceptions to those rules for instances like these and we get a 6th PT game
You guys not worried about Seattle because they'll be without Sherman and Browner. Roman will just run up the middle 32 times and throw 25 passes 8 yards and under. I'm still fuming over the St. Louis game. Roman has put the division in jeopardy and the #2 seed on flat line.
Originally posted by JD9671:
It be nices to see the 9ers in two back to back games prime time sunday night. I hope!

yea but i doubt it happens
Isn't our Seattle game being played in Vancouver? Could be an advantage for us. It would be good for the league and the network to broadcast the game at night so Canada will be interested to.