LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

Maturity of the team is Impressive

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by verb1der:
I get your point, but can you tell me when was the last time 49ers players ever had a "team mantra"?

When Bellicheck built his dynasty in NE it was the same mantra, "the team", they even went as far as being introduced as a "team" on gamedays. Their players echoed the same theme when being interviewed, "it's about the team, and no player is bigger than the team." It was refreshing and very inspiring at the time.

This was the first thing I noticed when Harbaugh came in and why I knew he would be successful, because the players say it in their interviews all the time "its about the team". That's what separates these players, from Singletarys players. So yes, Harbaugh does get all the credit for creating the culture.

Back to my original point, Harbaugh has the pulse of his team, and it shows in his players. So anyone who thinks this QB switch will "divide the locker room" is not paying enough attention and is probably just a fairweather fan, because I sure know whole lot of brand new 49ers fans because of last year's success.

"Who's got it better than us? Nobody!" Singletary said it was about the team in nearly every press conference. When he benched VD he said it was about the team.

Harbaugh is a great coach and has created a positive environment based on coaches knowing their jobs and teaching players micro and macro aspects of their jobs. That is the difference between JH and MS or Nolan...he actually knows what an offense should do.

He did not create this by talking...he did it through action.

I have always been a niner fan, more than 55 years now, and have never rooted against them. Those who rooted against Smith should be ashamed.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
I get your point, but can you tell me when was the last time 49ers players ever had a "team mantra"?

When Bellicheck built his dynasty in NE it was the same mantra, "the team", they even went as far as being introduced as a "team" on gamedays. Their players echoed the same theme when being interviewed, "it's about the team, and no player is bigger than the team." It was refreshing and very inspiring at the time.

This was the first thing I noticed when Harbaugh came in and why I knew he would be successful, because the players say it in their interviews all the time "its about the team". That's what separates these players, from Singletarys players. So yes, Harbaugh does get all the credit for creating the culture.

Back to my original point, Harbaugh has the pulse of his team, and it shows in his players. So anyone who thinks this QB switch will "divide the locker room" is not paying enough attention and is probably just a fairweather fan, because I sure know whole lot of brand new 49ers fans because of last year's success.

"Who's got it better than us? Nobody!" Singletary said it was about the team in nearly every press conference. When he benched VD he said it was about the team.

Harbaugh is a great coach and has created a positive environment based on coaches knowing their jobs and teaching players micro and macro aspects of their jobs. That is the difference between JH and MS or Nolan...he actually knows what an offense should do.

He did not create this by talking...he did it through action.

I have always been a niner fan, more than 55 years now, and have never rooted against them. Those who rooted against Smith should be ashamed.

Singletary said it, but the team never once echoed it. Compared to now, you always hear 49ers players talking about "the team". It's in their mentality, that's the difference!

And for the record I did not root against Smith. After the Giants game I just kept nagging and complaining like a little b***h about his limitations, but never once did I root against him.
Singletary said it, but the team never once echoed it. Compared to now, you always hear 49ers players talking about "the team". It's in their mentality, that's the difference!

And for the record I did not root against Smith. After the Giants game I just kept nagging and complaining like a little b***h about his limitations, but never once did I root against him.

You'll note that I did not say you rooted against him...thought about it, but couldn't remember whether you were one of the posters who did, so left it a general comment. As for your nagging and complaining...your words not mine...give yourself a time out!
Share 49ersWebzone