LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Maturity of the team is Impressive

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
lets wait to see what happens after we lose to the Dolphins.
This is like high school, "He smirked" Who gives a crap except house wives and scumbag reporters who will makeup a problem when one doesn't exist.

JH is the man!
Originally posted by verb1der:
Don't even try to spin it like that! Everyone knows all the players were scared of Sing, he had to send VD on time out like a little child, he even yells at news anchors like Dennis O'Donnell..."we WILL STOP DREW BREES! "

But look at Harbaugh, when Moss came in everyone said he would be a cancer and ruin the locker room, but now...he's like the model team player for all of sports!

The man is a smooth operator, and it trickles down to the team, they don't wear blue collar button ups as a fashion statement!

No spin, Willis and VD adopted MS like mannerisms in talking and other players did as well. It is common to reflect the boss and not a sign of anything other than the chain of authority. As for these players sounding like mature young men? That's because they are mature young men not Harbaugh induced clones. So please stop with the "Harbaugh created mantra."

The fact that there is no overt fussing over this type of situation is directly attributable to the key players--Smith and Kaepernick. If you recall the Montana Young situation--it was definitely a split between supporters of Montana (the old crew) against the just let me play mentality of the younger guys. Those guys played into the rift.

Harbaugh is not a smooth operator but he is a smart guy and a good manipulator. The press has been all over him for this but he had so much good will in the bank no one else really cared. If the team begins to lose that good will can disappear pretty fast. If he continues to win all will be fine. He has a lot riding on CKs success, which is why I'm not betting against Kaepernick.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Dec 6, 2012 at 4:30 PM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
lets wait to see what happens after we lose to the Dolphins.

I think you need to go over to the Dolphins fans forums. They need your optimism. They're pretty sure they're going to get blown out of town.
Dad Gum Yahoos, I smell a rat
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

Sounds like you've been watching too many old Roy Rodgers movies!
JH has the pulse of the team because he doesn't buls**t with them. They probably knew long before the media about his intentions with who is the starter. JH does b******t with the media but not his players. If he doesn't change this, he will always have the pulse of the team.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

i liked bullet the dog better than trigger
Originally posted by cciowa:

i liked bullet the dog better than trigger

Agree, but he couldn't hold a candle to Rin Tin Tin! Better than Lassie though.
Originally posted by Joecool:
JH has the pulse of the team because he doesn't buls**t with them. They probably knew long before the media about his intentions with who is the starter. JH does b******t with the media but not his players. If he doesn't change this, he will always have the pulse of the team.

Hope this is true but don't think so. Most of the time he does but I think this took more than a few players by surprise. But I think there may have been some receivers campaigning for CK while the RBs supported Smith. This would seem a reasonable scenario given CKs ability to run and pass, which will naturally take some carries away from the RBs.

And this is not to say JH lets players chose who starts, but it may have been enough to influence a decision. Or JH just likes CK a lot more than Smith.

Now that you mention it, I wonder what would happen if Alex was on a team where the defense in particular wasn't as good/tolerant (or as mature), and they weren't afraid to be vocal or put him on the spot?
[ Edited by rEspEctdA49ers on Dec 6, 2012 at 6:24 PM ]
Originally posted by rEspEctdA49ers:
Now that you mention it, I wonder what would happen if Alex was on a team where the defense in particular wasn't as good/tolerant (or as mature), and they weren't afraid to be vocal or put him on the spot?

They would complain to the coaches that Smith was making them look stupid during practice and demand he be traded for a rookie?
Maturity = Superbowl
Originally posted by cciowa:
You see...this is a great example of how Harbaugh has the pulse of the entire team, and how much he's in control. They've all bought in to the point they're starting to speak like him. That's amazing!

The players all trust him, and so should all of us fans! He wasn't 2011 Coach of the Year for nothing.

uhh, he has his issues like getting out coached in our losses and getting cute with his play calls. i like him but i have stopped drinking the JH bathwater.
Dude JH is a 2nd year NFL coach. He is going to get schooled from time to time by respected coaches with long nfl histories. He in many ways is experiencing a lot of things Kap is, but he started all last year, in a sense...

Harbaugh will learn. You can't expect him to be all world year 2. His cocky is what makes him so successful.
Don't even try to spin it like that! Everyone knows all the players were scared of Sing, he had to send VD on time out like a little child, he even yells at news anchors like Dennis O'Donnell..."we WILL STOP DREW BREES! "

But look at Harbaugh, when Moss came in everyone said he would be a cancer and ruin the locker room, but now...he's like the model team player for all of sports!

The man is a smooth operator, and it trickles down to the team, they don't wear blue collar button ups as a fashion statement!

No spin, Willis and VD adopted MS like mannerisms in talking and other players did as well. It is common to reflect the boss and not a sign of anything other than the chain of authority. As for these players sounding like mature young men? That's because they are mature young men not Harbaugh induced clones. So please stop with the "Harbaugh created mantra."

The fact that there is no overt fussing over this type of situation is directly attributable to the key players--Smith and Kaepernick. If you recall the Montana Young situation--it was definitely a split between supporters of Montana (the old crew) against the just let me play mentality of the younger guys. Those guys played into the rift.

Harbaugh is not a smooth operator but he is a smart guy and a good manipulator. The press has been all over him for this but he had so much good will in the bank no one else really cared. If the team begins to lose that good will can disappear pretty fast. If he continues to win all will be fine. He has a lot riding on CKs success, which is why I'm not betting against Kaepernick.

I get your point, but can you tell me when was the last time 49ers players ever had a "team mantra"?

When Bellicheck built his dynasty in NE it was the same mantra, "the team", they even went as far as being introduced as a "team" on gamedays. Their players echoed the same theme when being interviewed, "it's about the team, and no player is bigger than the team." It was refreshing and very inspiring at the time.

This was the first thing I noticed when Harbaugh came in and why I knew he would be successful, because the players say it in their interviews all the time "its about the team". That's what separates these players, from Singletarys players. So yes, Harbaugh does get all the credit for creating the culture.

Back to my original point, Harbaugh has the pulse of his team, and it shows in his players. So anyone who thinks this QB switch will "divide the locker room" is not paying enough attention and is probably just a fairweather fan, because I sure know whole lot of brand new 49ers fans because of last year's success.
Share 49ersWebzone