There are 148 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Should Alex be removed from being a team captain

Should Alex be removed from being a team captain

Yes, let's humiliate him in every possible way before he leaves. It will make the haters here feel good. Helps relieve their frustration with Nolan, Singletary, Donahue, York the elder, McCloughan, Erikson and the rest for all those years.
No...I hope kap learned from last week and turns into the stud most think he will be. But if he doesn't we will need alex to save the day and it will be hard enough after benching him let alone if we strip him of his role as captin. Not to mention how his friends on the team would feel. No way we need no more reason for division on the team...not saying ther is now but you know.....just sayin..
Originally posted by HeavyDrifting:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Nah... I like it. It's so bizarre and keeps it a fresh reminder of the betrayal of HC to player for all the world to see and talk about. I know he'd like nothing better than to hide Alex under a box to try and further mitigate the backstabbing, but too bad... the football world is fully aware now. As good as a large flashing sign stating "Don't come to play for Jim Harbaugh...because you may play well, get injured, and never see your job again. And for Jeebus' sake, never listen or trust a thing the man has to say to you."

Its funny a lot of us have been saying this since Harbaugh signed with us, but it wasnt until Alex was benched that everyone started to agree with it.

It only could have been Alex though. These same people were defending Jim's cock and bull stories to the press about how elite Alex Smith was because they were Alex Smith fans, not necessarily because they believed Jim Harbaugh.

Now that JH has kicked their hero to the curb, Harbaugh is all of a sudden disingenuous to these people and a horrible person. LOL..

Hmmm...you're breaking every rule that the mods have placed in regards to this discussion... This is gonna be interesting.

And what rules are those?

No inciting or insults...you've done both in the past 10 minutes.

Show me where I insulted anyone or incited anyone. You must have a very loose/liberal definition of both of those words.

"you know nothing based on your comment on some LB"

"Alex fans blah blah blah"...

Not my definition..mods have been banning people on this basis. Has nothing to do with me. I'm just trying to warn you so that they don't. They're much heavier handed
Nah... I like it. It's so bizarre and keeps it a fresh reminder of the betrayal of HC to player for all the world to see and talk about. I know he'd like nothing better than to hide Alex under a box to try and further mitigate the backstabbing, but too bad... the football world is fully aware now. As good as a large flashing sign stating "Don't come to play for Jim Harbaugh...because you may play well, get injured, and never see your job again. And for Jeebus' sake, never listen or trust a thing the man has to say to you."

Its funny a lot of us have been saying this since Harbaugh signed with us, but it wasnt until Alex was benched that everyone started to agree with it.

It only could have been Alex though. These same people were defending Jim's cock and bull stories to the press about how elite Alex Smith was because they were Alex Smith fans, not necessarily because they believed Jim Harbaugh.

Now that JH has kicked their hero to the curb, Harbaugh is all of a sudden disingenuous to these people and a horrible person. LOL..

Hmmm...you're breaking every rule that the mods have placed in regards to this discussion... This is gonna be interesting.

And what rules are those?

No inciting or insults...you've done both in the past 10 minutes.

Show me where I insulted anyone or incited anyone. You must have a very loose/liberal definition of both of those words.

Nah, I rather show you the door.

Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

I agree. I really wanted to believe in Jim's integrity and sincerity as a man. Now? I admit that my regard for him as a person was far too exceeding and above him.

I'm afraid I agree. No question he was able to turn this team around though.

The NFL is not fair and you have to give your chance it's best opportunity to win. That involved Harbaugh making a bold move that is without intentional malice but, unavoidably, a kick in the face to Smith.

Harbaugh plays his cards very close to his vest and reveals little to no information, and the information he does divulge is usually purposely inaccurate or vaugue.

Basically takes a page out of Belichick's book in this regard and Belichick has shown this behavior to be conducive to winning.

So although it may come off that he's a back-stabber, cold-hearted, and a phony... it's all for the sake of giving his team the best chance to win--and that should be a coach's primary objective.

So it's A OK in my book.

I don't disagree with this...in fact, that is exactly how I view him now. He's a guy who is goal oriented..and everything that doesn't look like the best opportunity to get him there is just in the way. That's probably a little extreme...but you get the point.
"you know nothing based on your comment on some LB"

"Alex fans blah blah blah"...

Not my definition..mods have been banning people on this basis. Has nothing to do with me. I'm just trying to warn you so that they don't. They're much heavier handed

Originally posted by kidash98:
Nah, I rather show you the door.

See what I mean?
No. He was voted as a team captain by the players.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

WOW

OR it also says that he will do whatever it takes for the team to win. I think A. Smith should be starting mainly because Smiths experience to me out ways Kaps potential at this point in the season. Case in point with the toss to Ginn on Sunday. Smith probably would have audibled out of that play or made the toss as he has done so much in the past. That was a bad call obviously and a bad toss.
Did that dude realy just get banned lol...
Originally posted by CityKing415:
man he lost his job.. and now you want him to lose being a captain.. whats next?

We re-sign Arnaz Battle as the backup QB
Originally posted by bluecoller49ninerfan:

He was an obvious PBM from his first post.
he should rip that patch off his jersey and throw it at harbaughs face. Then again, he'd just throw it a few feet short or over his head.
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Dec 5, 2012 at 12:36 PM ]
Originally posted by bluecoller49ninerfan:

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
he should rip that patch off his jersey and throw it at harbaughs face. Then again, he'd just throw it a few feet short or over his head.

Ouch!

Originally posted by kidash98:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Ouch!

Harbaugh would drop it...just like all the other receivers.