LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 229 users in the forums

Should Alex be removed from being a team captain

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should Alex be removed from being a team captain

Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Its funny a lot of us have been saying this since Harbaugh signed with us, but it wasnt until Alex was benched that everyone started to agree with it.

I agree. I really wanted to believe in Jim's integrity and sincerity as a man. Now? I admit that my regard for him as a person was far too exceeding and above him.

I'm afraid I agree. No question he was able to turn this team around though.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Oh, my god.

This is going to turn into another quarterback vs quarterback thread.

Originally posted by buck:
Oh, my god.

Maybe eventually...but I haven't seen that yet.
Nah... I like it. It's so bizarre and keeps it a fresh reminder of the betrayal of HC to player for all the world to see and talk about. I know he'd like nothing better than to hide Alex under a box to try and further mitigate the backstabbing, but too bad... the football world is fully aware now. As good as a large flashing sign stating "Don't come to play for Jim Harbaugh...because you may play well, get injured, and never see your job again. And for Jeebus' sake, never listen or trust a thing the man has to say to you."

Its funny a lot of us have been saying this since Harbaugh signed with us, but it wasnt until Alex was benched that everyone started to agree with it.

It only could have been Alex though. These same people were defending Jim's cock and bull stories to the press about how elite Alex Smith was because they were Alex Smith fans, not necessarily because they believed Jim Harbaugh.

Now that JH has kicked their hero to the curb, Harbaugh is all of a sudden disingenuous to these people and a horrible person. LOL..
Originally posted by HeavyDrifting:
Nah... I like it. It's so bizarre and keeps it a fresh reminder of the betrayal of HC to player for all the world to see and talk about. I know he'd like nothing better than to hide Alex under a box to try and further mitigate the backstabbing, but too bad... the football world is fully aware now. As good as a large flashing sign stating "Don't come to play for Jim Harbaugh...because you may play well, get injured, and never see your job again. And for Jeebus' sake, never listen or trust a thing the man has to say to you."

It only could have been Alex though. These same people were defending Jim's cock and bull stories to the press about how elite Alex Smith was because they were Alex Smith fans, not necessarily because they believed Jim Harbaugh.

Now that JH has kicked their hero to the curb, Harbaugh is all of a sudden disingenuous to these people and a horrible person. LOL..

Hmmm...you're breaking every rule that the mods have placed in regards to this discussion... This is gonna be interesting.

9 posts - how would you know this?
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Hmmm...you're breaking every rule that the mods have placed in regards to this discussion... This is gonna be interesting.

And what rules are those?
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
Oh, my god.

Maybe eventually...but I haven't seen that yet.

It sure looks like to me. Lets see what happens.

No inciting or insults...you've done both in the past 10 minutes.
man he lost his job.. and now you want him to lose being a captain.. whats next?

No inciting or insults...you've done both in the past 10 minutes.

Show me where I insulted anyone or incited anyone. You must have a very loose/liberal definition of both of those words.

Hurt much?

I don't see why you're so heavily invested in what the coach does! I mean it doesn't affect you in any way, unless you're Alex Smith!

Originally posted by CityKing415:
man he lost his job.. and now you want him to lose being a captain.. whats next?

trade him
no ,because when kap sucks it up again ,he will be back behind the center .

I agree. I really wanted to believe in Jim's integrity and sincerity as a man. Now? I admit that my regard for him as a person was far too exceeding and above him.

I'm afraid I agree. No question he was able to turn this team around though.

The NFL is not fair and you have to give your chance it's best opportunity to win. That involved Harbaugh making a bold move that is without intentional malice but, unavoidably, a kick in the face to Smith.

Harbaugh plays his cards very close to his vest and reveals little to no information, and the information he does divulge is usually purposely inaccurate or vaugue.

Basically takes a page out of Belichick's book in this regard and Belichick has shown this behavior to be conducive to winning.

So although it may come off that he's a back-stabber, cold-hearted, and a phony... it's all for the sake of giving his team the best chance to win--and that should be a coach's primary objective.

So it's A OK in my book.
Share 49ersWebzone