There are 94 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Should Alex be removed from being a team captain

Should Alex be removed from being a team captain

I see he still comes out for the coin toss even though he doesn't play anymore. Does anyone else think its a bit weird and puts him in a awkward situation.



please dont make this into a qb vs qb thread. this is strictly about team captaincy. thank you for your cooperation and have a good day.
[ Edited by susweel on Dec 5, 2012 at 12:11 PM ]
As far as I am aware the appointment is for a whole season at a time.I dont think they can remve a player and see no reason why they should wish to.
Yes. He shouldn't have been a captain in the 1st place.
No. The players voted for him.
It should go to Kaep
Originally posted by HeavyDrifting:
Yes. He shouldn't have been a captain in the 1st place.


Well, the players disagreed with you.
Originally posted by susweel:
I see he still comes out for the coin toss even though he doesn't play anymore. Does anyone else think its a bit weird and puts him in a awkward situation.

Yes, I think it is extremely weird and awkward to have a bench player as the captain. But I wouldnt remove him from the role. Doesnt serve any purpose to do so.
Year position...I would say that he's done nothing to deserve to be removed...but that would sound familiar.


Bottom line, the players chose him for the year...stick with it.
Nah... I like it. It's so bizarre and keeps it a fresh reminder of the betrayal of HC to player for all the world to see and talk about. I know he'd like nothing better than to hide Alex under a box to try and further mitigate the backstabbing, but too bad... the football world is fully aware now. As good as a large flashing sign stating "Don't come to play for Jim Harbaugh...because you may play well, get injured, and never see your job again. And for Jeebus' sake, never listen or trust a thing the man has to say to you."
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Nah... I like it. It's so bizarre and keeps it a fresh reminder of the betrayal of HC to player for all the world to see and talk about. I know he'd like nothing better than to hide Alex under a box to try and further mitigate the backstabbing, but too bad... the football world is fully aware now. As good as a large flashing sign stating "Don't come to play for Jim Harbaugh...because you may play well, get injured, and never see your job again. And for Jeebus' sake, never listen or trust a thing the man has to say to you."

Its funny a lot of us have been saying this since Harbaugh signed with us, but it wasnt until Alex was benched that everyone started to agree with it.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by HeavyDrifting:
Yes. He shouldn't have been a captain in the 1st place.


Well, the players disagreed with you.

Well, now the Coach disagrees with you and the rest of the webzone on who should be the starter.
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 73,887
Originally posted by niners94:
No. The players voted for him.

this.
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 73,887
Originally posted by HeavyDrifting:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by HeavyDrifting:
Yes. He shouldn't have been a captain in the 1st place.


Well, the players disagreed with you.

Well, now the Coach disagrees with you and the rest of the webzone on who should be the starter.

that's not the question.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Its funny a lot of us have been saying this since Harbaugh signed with us, but it wasnt until Alex was benched that everyone started to agree with it.

I agree. I really wanted to believe in Jim's integrity and sincerity as a man. Now? I admit that my regard for him as a person was far too exceeding and above him.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Nah... I like it. It's so bizarre and keeps it a fresh reminder of the betrayal of HC to player for all the world to see and talk about. I know he'd like nothing better than to hide Alex under a box to try and further mitigate the backstabbing, but too bad... the football world is fully aware now. As good as a large flashing sign stating "Don't come to play for Jim Harbaugh...because you may play well, get injured, and never see your job again. And for Jeebus' sake, never listen or trust a thing the man has to say to you."

WOW