There are 132 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The second bye week

Atl has the first one. So it is safe to say that the second bye week will be between the winner of the chi/gb and nyg/Dallas divisions. Assuming we lose 1 more game to new England or sea, and since the bears play gb and assuming no tie there, we probably cannot lose 2 games or else we miss out on the bye week.

I'm a little concerned if we lose 2 more we may be out of the playoffs even with our defense and running game. With a bye week we all know that our coaching staff prepares well especially if we get an extra week. What do you think? This rams loss really pisses me off bc if the refs got that intentional grounding call right (aside from Akers being inconsistent and the Christmas gift td we gave them).....we win the game and we could lose to new England and Seattle and still get the bye.
What seed has won the past few SBs? Chill.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kingairta:

I still rather play at home for the majority of the playoffs.
Originally posted by obx49:
Originally posted by kingairta:

I still rather play at home for the majority of the playoffs.

Me too and as history tells us, not just the past few sb's but over the history of sb winners, a great deal of them had the bye week.
giants losing helps out in terms of the bye. bears and packers play each other still, who ever wins that one if they lose one of their other 3 games we should be good.
Unfortunately we are not going to get the bye week, coaches experiment should of been at the beggining of the season not half way through the season during a championship run. We will lose to NE and at the seachickens.
Damn and I just payed for my tix...oh well one and done for wild card weekend
We get the second bye in my opinion IF

Chicago beats Green Bay in Chicago.

AND

We win @ Seattle (we also take care of business at home vs Arizona and Miami)

Source: ESPN playoff machine
We will crush MIA and all will be well in niner land again.

Esp if sea loses.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Esp if sea loses.

seattle is NOT losing to the Cards. The Cardinals are quite possibly the worst team in the NFL right now. Then, other than playing us at their house, the Seahawks schedule is cake. Bills and Rams.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Esp if sea loses.

seattle is NOT losing to the Cards. The Cardinals are quite possibly the worst team in the NFL right now. Then, other than playing us at their house, the Seahawks schedule is cake. Bills and Rams.

Divisional games are tough. Both teams know each other well and you never know. SEA is like us, they play is close to the chest. A bounce this way or that way, a mistake here and there, and the Cards could sneak one.

I'd feel better about it if Sherman and Browner were suspended.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Dec 4, 2012 at 5:30 AM ]
That would help us out if the Seattle game was flexed to Sunday night
We have to worry more about Seattle winning the division. They are looking better than us right now.
I'll feel a lot better as long as we don't ave to play in a dome in the playoffs.
  • kush
  • Veteran
I'm more worried about trying to get our 9th win