LISTEN: The 49ers Pick Is In! →

There are 351 users in the forums

Did you expect the 49ers to lose or struggle against the Rams in this game?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Did you expect the 49ers to lose or struggle against the Rams in this game?

Curious what the consensus is here. Part of the reason I'm not as pissed about this game as I was about the tie or SF's other losses this season is because I saw it coming.

We've yet to put together a string of 3 strong performances and with this team tying us previously and coming off the heels of big wins against CHI and NO, this had f*ck-up game written all over it.

My thoughts going in were that SF would either barely pull it out or lose. Anyone else have that same feeling before this mess of a game?
No. This team is superior to that of the Rams and after getting pushed around and outcoached in the first meeting I expected the Niners to go out and take care of business. They failed and they failed miserable. Now they'll go out and dismantle the Dolphins and Patriots and completely dominate until they've all drank up enough of their own koolaid again then get absolutely manhandled by the Seahawks. With our win win loss philosophy we'll lose in either the div round if we don't have a bye or the championship game again. Come on Niners!! Lets win out and break this vicious cycle!!! PLEASE!!!!
I expect every division game to be tough. When we were bad for almost a decade we always brought our best against the division leaders. It's just how it is
let's just say i thought the 7 pt spread was too high.

and....

Originally posted by NinerG94:
No. This team is superior to that of the Rams and after getting pushed around and outcoached in the first meeting I expected the Niners to go out and take care of business. They failed and they failed miserable. Now they'll go out and dismantle the Dolphins and Patriots and completely dominate until they've all drank up enough of their own koolaid again then get absolutely manhandled by the Seahawks. With our win win loss philosophy we'll lose in either the div round if we don't have a bye or the championship game again. Come on Niners!! Lets win out and break this vicious cycle!!! PLEASE!!!!

yup. that's what i think the problem is with this team is also. they're expecting teams to just bow down to our glory.

complacency.... freddie p. soft..... whatever you wanna call it.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
I expect every division game to be tough. When we were bad for almost a decade we always brought our best against the division leaders. It's just how it is

this
thought we were gonna whip them
Yes; strugle. They played us pretty good at our house; I figured it would be tougher at theirs. I thought we were going to win though...
Had the game in the freak'n bag. Defense pitching a shut out. Game totally under control. Even at 7 pts was a blowout, because the Rams couldn't do s**t
Niners are better than rams,but their coach is better than harbaugh...rams D suffocated a rookie QB....teams are making adjustments.from now on .it wont be easy for CK...did you guys saw how rams were blitzing?...how come we never send more than 4 ? Can somebody answer my question....are we expecting aldon and Justin to do miracles....just my toughts.....
nope

Yes but not as much as we struggled.

What bothered me most was the inept play calling. Sticking with the run up the gut was shades of Singletary. No adjustments just the same crap.

Without a doubt they are not yesterday's Rams. They've had some solid draft picks and now have an experienced and proven coach. I think they have some additional draft picks from the Skins for the 13 draft. They will continue to play us tough.

We need to game plan them MUCH better than we did this season.

What bothered me most was the inept play calling. Sticking with the run up the gut was shades of Singletary. No adjustments just the same crap.

Without a doubt they are not yesterday's Rams. They've had some solid draft picks and now have an experienced and proven coach. I think they have some additional draft picks from the Skins for the 13 draft. They will continue to play us tough.

No, they dominated the entire game and just blew it with a few key killer mistakes.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I expected us to destroy them.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

while i agree with all of this............... we still should have won by 2 scores.
Share 49ersWebzone