There are 154 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why does the offensive line continue to struggle in pass protection?

Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by Geeked:

The only thing that I believe Smith could have done was check off to a different play at the line of scrimmage.

This really shouldn't be minimized. I am seeing lots of stacked box against us, and we are running right at it. I have seen Ck7 change a play in prior games... why not yesterday?

Yes, they did the same thing with Smith in the game last year and he had to learn when to pull his shots and when to go for it. The Baltimore game taught the NFL how to play against the niner's propensity to use Jumbo or power blocking schemes, and how to fool the OLine with stunts and late blitzes.

This year Smith was very efficient against those D's but CK will have a learning curve. The loss of Manningham and Hunter can't be minimized as they are the quickest guys for short pass plays. Excellent outlets who seem to get open easily off the LOS.

Seems that the game plan is always set for "Barely win" and not aggressive enough.
What really pissed me off again yesterday vs Miami was right at the start of the game the OL gets called for another penalty i think it was Boone again.

Did they not work on this at practise this week?????? WTF!!!!!!!! If i was Harbaugh i would have benched his dumb ass for the 1st quarter at least.

Copy same for IUPOOTAY AGAIN who was called for another hold it's killing us!!!!!!! He's a penalty machine if there ever was one.

OL penalties have got to stop!!
Originally posted by SkyGod:
What really pissed me off again yesterday vs Miami was right at the start of the game the OL gets called for another penalty i think it was Boone again.

Did they not work on this at practise this week?????? WTF!!!!!!!! If i was Harbaugh i would have benched his dumb ass for the 1st quarter at least.

Copy same for IUPOOTAY AGAIN who was called for another hold it's killing us!!!!!!! He's a penalty machine if there ever was one.

Preach..... It's getting really old. Drive killing penalties and bonehead mental errors.
I'm confident we'll get better.

Not championship caliber football right now.

If we start benching guys for committing penalties, we'd run out of players.
Originally posted by cwilson830:

If we start benching guys for committing penalties, we'd run out of players.

LOL...yeah, after the past few weeks we'd be down to our practice squad guys!
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

According to football outsiders, niners are #1 in their rankings of run blocking, and dead last in pass blocking. Don't know if they are that bad, but there has been a lot of pressure the last few weeks and the O-Line has not been giving Kaep a whole hell of a lot of time. They need to get that fixed because there is going to be pressure in the playoffs I think..
DOMINATION!!!!!