There are 102 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers outlook vs the NFC West

After watching today's loss, I can't help but wonder if we are the primary target for all of our NFC West rivals. It seems teams like the Seahawks and Rams have successfully engineered teams that are capable of beating the 49ers for the near future. How else can you explain us losing to supposed "inferior" teams? That being said, how do the 49ers counter their gameplans against us? How do we combat the strong and aggressive d-lines of the Rams and Seahawks?
Originally posted by richierichard:
After watching today's loss, I can't help but wonder if we are the primary target for all of our NFC West rivals. It seems teams like the Seahawks and Rams have successfully engineered teams that are capable of beating the 49ers for the near future. How else can you explain us losing to supposed "inferior" teams? That being said, how do the 49ers counter their gameplans against us? How do we combat the strong and aggressive d-lines of the Rams and Seahawks?

if we played mistake free ball we win easily....they didnt beat us today, we beat ourselves
Sure we did make crucial mistakes but you can't not notice that they did a great job shutting down our run and got great penetration in their pass rush. It seemed as if they were playing in "their" superbowl.
Sure we did make crucial mistakes but you can't not notice that they did a great job shutting down our run and got great penetration in their pass rush. It seemed as if they were playing in "their" superbowl.

We should be playing our Superbowl every week. Even with all the stops we should've won, the stat lines would be ugly but we still collect the W at the end of the day.

If we lose against Miami we will be screwed, we CANT lose next week.
But you don't think the Rams earned this win just as much as we lost it? Their defensive line played beastly today. Couldn't believe they manhandled our great O-line but they did. That being said, what steps should the 49ers take in preparing for the changes in our rivals to combat our team?
Originally posted by jreff22:
We should be playing our Superbowl every week. Even with all the stops we should've won, the stat lines would be ugly but we still collect the W at the end of the day.

If we lose against Miami we will be screwed, we CANT lose next week.

The 49ers cannot afford to lose any game for the rest of the season unless they get a lot of help. The #2 seed is in jeopardy.
But you don't think the Rams earned this win just as much as we lost it? Their defensive line played beastly today. Couldn't believe they manhandled our great O-line but they did. That being said, what steps should the 49ers take in preparing for the changes in our rivals to combat our team?

They didnt win, we gave the majority of their points on mistakes.

If we look like s**t again next week the change that needs to happen is Alex back starting. Alex beat 2 divisional opponents, Keap tied one and lost one.

I've been saying all week the Rams match up well, they're very nasty in the trenches. Im so not surprised in the loss

First step the 49ers should take is finding a reliable kicker, lol
Originally posted by verb1der:

I've been saying all week the Rams match up well, they're very nasty in the trenches. Im so not surprised in the loss

First step the 49ers should take is finding a reliable kicker, lol

I hate doing the "what if" stuff. But I can't get over the fact that "if" our kicker just does his flippin job, his ONLY job, we win both games against the rams.
Just did the playoff machine on ESPN. If we beat Seattle I have us hosting Seattle in the first round. If we lose to Seattle I have us at Seattle in the first round.
Just know I want no part of Seattle right now especially in their house. Russell Wilson is playing out of his mind right now.
Arizona sucks.

Seattle is a YOUNG and improving team. Wilson is playing solid football and is a real competitor.

Rams are much better than their record. Fisher is an excellent coach and they have had some quality drafts.

Much better division than last season and we'll need to keep pace with another excellent draft.

The game plan and in time play calling sucked yesterday...No adjustments, no sweeps, no screens, no calls to try and keep that front 7 of the rams honest, Even Kaep said "every call they made the rams had the perfect D for"..cause harbs/roman always seem to play conservative at the worst time..Spread out the offense, take some shots down field,,open up the offense with something and stop being so predictable. No game plan for VD he's a great weapon,, run some picks for him crossing the middle or something.. Definitely need the rookie to be active and bring some speed to the outside in the run game..IDK its just frustrating to watch the talent this team has not being utilized to its full potential ..
Originally posted by dugo:
The game plan and in time play calling sucked yesterday...No adjustments, no sweeps, no screens, no calls to try and keep that front 7 of the rams honest, Even Kaep said "every call they made the rams had the perfect D for"..cause harbs/roman always seem to play conservative at the worst time..Spread out the offense, take some shots down field,,open up the offense with something and stop being so predictable. No game plan for VD he's a great weapon,, run some picks for him crossing the middle or something.. Definitely need the rookie to be active and bring some speed to the outside in the run game..IDK its just frustrating to watch the talent this team has not being utilized to its full potential ..

Especially the screens and sweeps...Where were those calls when they stacked the box? Why don't we have the emergency checkdown dumps to a RB like the rams and even the saints do often?