LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 278 users in the forums

easy road to playoffs explained

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Put this in Marvin's thread, but it's probably more appropriate here:

That first tie against the Rams is basically a loss as the playoff picture plays out as the Niners lose all their key tiebreakers.

-They lose the head to head tiebreakers against Green Bay and Chicago for the 2 seed.
-They lose the division tiebreaker (if it ever got that close) if records were even because Seattle could do no better than 3-3 in the division (assuming the win out in divisional play) and the Niners probably finish 4-2 at worst (if they would've won just 1 game vs. STL)

They've made things unnecessarily hard on themselves.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Seachickens are just 1.5 games behind with a cupcake schedule all at home except one road game and we have to go up there!! That Botched Green Bay int hailmary might Flip us up the creek afterall wow

miami and arizona are two very easy wins, split the NE/SEA games and it's over. calm down man

I had the Rams as an easy win also.......
Well the giants losing to the redskins on MNF sure helps the cause
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Beat Seattle and the Dolphins and we win the division.

There you go.
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
This is the way I see it going down for us.

Miami --- Win
Patriots --- Lose
Seahawks --- Win (hope corners are suspended)
Cardianls --- Win

11-4-1

Seahawks haven't lost a game at home.
Originally posted by Schulzy:

That first tie against the Rams is basically a loss as the playoff picture plays out as the Niners lose all their key tiebreakers.

-They lose the head to head tiebreakers against Green Bay and Chicago for the 2 seed.
-They lose the division tiebreaker (if it ever got that close) if records were even because Seattle could do no better than 3-3 in the division (assuming the win out in divisional play) and the Niners probably finish 4-2 at worst (if they would've won just 1 game vs. STL)

If the 49ers end up missing the bye, we can say that the Rams played a crucial role in making it so.
i honestly think the niners only win 1 of the next 4 games...

i just have a bad feeling about the mojo of our team right now.
I think we can win in NE & Seattle. We could also lose both, but I think we can at least split.
We'll lose to Seattle in Seattle. But we'll win the division by winning three out of our next four. I expect one home playoff game.

This team hasn't won three straight all season. I doubt we do it now.

I do, however, seriously doubt our Super Bowl chances. Team isn't strong enough to make it that far. I can see us losing in the NFC Championship Game.

Again.
Win all 4 and get the #2 seed and a bye....

Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
i honestly think the niners only win 1 of the next 4 games...

i just have a bad feeling about the mojo of our team right now.

Seriously?

Come on.

We played great against the Bears and Saints and not so good against the Rams.

Our defense has been lights out all season. All season. They are straight beasting. It is our offense that has me worried. They are hot one week and cold the next.
Basically we actually need to replicate SOMETHING from last year by winning out our last few stretch of games.
Nothing is easy in the NFL
We gon win out ......period.
Originally posted by Schulzy:

No. The tie is basically a loss with tie breaker advantages. If we win the same number of games as any of our opponents (including the Giants), we get the automatic tie breaker because a tie beats a loss. If we finish with one less win than any of our opponents, then it's a not a tie breaker situation, they would simply have a better record. It makes our victories vs the Packers and Bears, and our loss vs the Giants irrelevant as far as tie breakers go. We will either have a better record than them, or we won't.

In all seriousness though, we just need to get hot as we enter the playoffs. Doesn't matter how, or where we get it. Just get in.
[ Edited by SFTifoso on Dec 3, 2012 at 11:35 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone