There are 163 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Week 13: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Originally posted by kingairta:
condemning guys who have yet to step on the field when they have no clue what the Coaches plan for them is. All people are doing is assuming they can't play. Show me where anyone from the team has said they just can't cut it. I know about the crabtree interview but alot to learn can be said about any rookie even Luck and RG3.

almost the entire class last year played and played early and the plan for them....catch the ball, run the ball, block, etc etc

its not hard
Comparing this year to last year is irrelevant.
Originally posted by kingairta:
Comparing this year to last year is irrelevant.

No its not.
Good read. I would like to add that Bruce Miller had a great game.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Jenkins-0 snaps, cant surpass Ginn
James-0 snaps, cant surpass Dixon
Looney-cant surpass L Davis
Fleming-torn ACL probably will get cut next year
Robinson-very few snaps, ST only
Slowey-Cut
Johnson-Practice Squad

That looks like complete dog s**t.
Jenkins has no ST value.
Same goes for James. they tried him as a punt returner yet he was not able to do it.
I have no problem with Looney not beeing able to surpass L Davis. L Davis was siged as competition for Boone,

Let´s wait and see what happens. In a few year´s time.
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
Slowey-Cut
Johnson-Practice Squad

Jenkins has no ST value.
Same goes for James. they tried him as a punt returner yet he was not able to do it.
I have no problem with Looney not beeing able to surpass L Davis. L Davis was siged as competition for Boone,

Let´s wait and see what happens. In a few year´s time.
how many WR's on our team play ST....2 and normally 1st rounders dont play ST, there ability at their main position should be enough for them to start
Smith would have won that game 24-0 .. Kaep lost 13-16 in OT .. Kaep is still raw .. Let Smith take us to the promise land
  • kush
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
I have said this since week 3......after the rookie class had been with the team for over 2 months. Right now the vast majority of this draft looks like failure.

Maybe a bit too early to say failure, but I do think it was a "concern" when #1 and #2 picks aren't even active for games, and "red flag" when they can't sniff the field after injuries to players at their positions.

Slowey-Cut
Johnson-Practice Squad

JohnDoe49er, last season:

What a s**tty draft class!

Aldon can't start over
Kap looks like a bust, he'll never play
Cully is a project who couldn't beat out Tarell
Hunter's too small to make an impact
Kilgore is a wasted pick, dude hasnt even sniffed the field
I like RoJo, he'll be a stud
Bruce Miller should be an OLB, stop being cute Harbaalke!
[ Edited by kush on Dec 4, 2012 at 12:55 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
Smith would have won that game 24-0 .. Kaep lost 13-16 in OT .. Kaep is still raw .. Let Smith take us to the promise land

Let's not make this into a QB thread.

Originally posted by kush:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
I have said this since week 3......after the rookie class had been with the team for over 2 months. Right now the vast majority of this draft looks like failure.

Maybe a bit too early to say failure, but I do think it was a "concern" when #1 and #2 picks aren't even active for games, and "red flag" when they can't sniff the field after injuries to players at their positions.

Slowey-Cut
Johnson-Practice Squad

JohnDoe49er, last season:

What a s**tty draft class!

Aldon can't start over
Kap looks like a bust, he'll never play
Cully is a project who couldn't beat out Tarell
Hunter's too small to make an impact
Kilgore is a wasted pick, dude hasnt even sniffed the field
I like RoJo, he'll be a stud
Bruce Miller should be an OLB, stop being cute Harbaalke!

Your point holds no water. Almost every kid last year played....this year pretty much none.
a dynamic passer like Kaepernick.....
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by HornedToad10:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
What was the reason that we made Kaep the starter? IF it wasn't that he gives us a better chance to win now, it was a mistake.

I don't think he did that this game.

He DOES give them a better chance....but that doesn't mean they are going to win every game. Alex would have been crushed under that rush. He wouldn't have converted half the third downs that Kaep did. I like Alex, but Kaep gives the 49ers a better chance to win. He's going to make mistakes, but he's also going to make big plays to make up for them.

You have to be realistic. THIS game, Alex would have given a better chance. Kaep was a net 3 points since he gave up 10 points to the Rams. This is a game where the 1st year starter made mistakes to cost the game. Hopefully next week he'll be better and make plays to win games we wouldn't win with Alex. Kaep is classic higher highs and lower lows style of quarterback right now....

I call BS on that one.

First off, that wasn't a safety BAD call. Kaep did the right thing.

LOL! Running into your own end zone when the play started at the 17 is doing the "right thing"?
Thanks for the unbiased and accurate account of what took place in the rams game Marvin49!!!
  • kush
  • Veteran
Your point holds no water. Almost every kid last year played....this year pretty much none.

My point holds a good deal of water - It's too early to start b***hing about our draft class.

It's obvious Harbaugh coaches conservatively and will play the vet, even if the kid offers more upside. Give our guys some time to develop and like CK by this time next season they'll be ready to take over major roles on our team.
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
Should've never come to Walker not making a catch on that drive. Ball should've been run 3 times,using the Rams last 2 timeouts and then running 40 more seconds off the clock after a 3rd down run. Akers makes a field goal and the Rams have about a minute left to get in field goal range with no timeouts. Coaching plain and simple lost this game today. I'm a big Harbaugh fan but today they dropped the ball. This coaching blunder may very well cost us the division and the 2nd seed.

Thats what harbaugh would have done last year and it would have won the game
Although it was the only great play call by roman (play action to walker) if the dude makes that simple of a catch, game over