There are 150 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Week 13: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Originally posted by Marvin49:
So, I was too annoyed to wait until later to rewatch the game. Watched it again immediately.

1) Kaepernick: Lets everyone chill out for a sec. First, the Intentional Grounding WASN'T intentional grounding. The ball started on the far hash and he was outside the tackle box. He threw the ball beyond the LOS. Lets not put a clear missed call on him. Second, the lateral. Bad play. No defending it, but lets be real here for a sec.

2) Play Calling: I am a Greg Roman fan........

3) Defense: Great Game. They got let down by poor play on offense. They got pushed around a few weeks ago vs Jackson and made up for it today. Much better game.

4) Run game: Outside of a few plays at the beginning, they largely got shut down. Even thought they weren't having success, they just kept bashing against that brick wall. THROW THE DAMN BALL. Kaep can make plays Alex couldn't. LET HIM.

5) Akers: I'm not a "cut this guy" kinda fan....but this is getting old.

6) Ginn: See #5.

7) LaMichael James: We need that outside speed element that Hunter gave them. Gore can thunder between the tackles and Hunter was a great change of pace. Jacobs is good for short yardage, but defenses are just condensing because they don't fear anyone getting out to the perimeter. It's time to activate LaMichael James

8) Manningham: I hope he's not hurt too bad. He's really becoming a clutch player.

9) Walker: WILDLY inconsistent. Athletically a game-changer, but the guy just seems to fight the ball. Two more drops and one of them was a perfect pass that would likely have won the game.

10) Penalties: I dunno if its the domes on the road or what, but the penalties are getting rediculous. Those 10 yard penaties are drive killers. Niners need to fix that crap.

NOW.

EDIT: Had to add....
11) Crabtree: Looking like the guy we wanted him to be on draft day. Can create when the play breaks down. Kaepernick-Crabtree are going to be a threat for a long-long time. On that topic, a dynamic passer like Kaepernick will make it easier to keep and sign WRs and TEs in the offseason......

How about an outsiders view?

1. It was "Intentional Grounding" he flung the ball in panic.....(more why Kaepernick and Smith both suck later.......) The "lateral", to be real, was a bad call and most importantly regarding it......poorly executed.

2. Playcalling ....BINGO! The buck stops with Harbaugh ........ if I could point to one time where anyone threw this game away? The final possesion by the Whiners and the worst clock management ever....... they could have run the clock down and there is no excuse that late in a game not to....what a gift granted to any team in that position, Thanks!

3. Why do people feel the need to highlight the most obvious?

4. Kaepernick was being read like a book? Duh! And by the way, didn't he scoot for 50 late? Gore was obviously hurt badly........his left arm hung limp like a rag. Jacobs has a long history of fumble rooskey in key moments ....sure make him the work horse late, seems logical and all....until you consider his patterns......

5. Kicker injuries? Has the history in this league not taught every team that an injured kicker is a losing teams kicker? Stuff happens, you injure reserve or release, you use a healthy kicker or lose.........

6. I remember Super Teddy being everyones top WR everywhere on draft day ...... but in his defense, Kaepernick was being read Kaepernick was nervous It was not a bad call it was an all-time stupid call ..... it is a laugher of a call and time will prove this making it a monkey on the Coaches back that will haunt him .....Top 10 Bone Head plays of all time ..... STUPID METER PEGS.........

7. If my uncle had testicles he'd be my aunt .......If If If If....... "If" is a word losers use........trust me as a Missouri - Cardinal (football) - Ram fan? I am a qualified expert on losing in football....... and "if" is for losers who think history can be changed........

8. Average at his best ..........(another "if" ......look at Avery - Colts and Alexander - Bolts ....... Rams had both and both cut, now both are leading WR's for their teams lately........WR's don't grow on trees........ pick an apple and it taste good or it doesn't, one thing you can't do is taste it and hope it taste better later.....) The Rams are dependent on rookie WR's and an inexperienced TE ..... WHAT you saw is what a mad man can do to keep you in a game, Mrs. Jackson kicked your front 7 a new one and wore them out......... Your D was worn down and the Rams O was capitalizing late.........DID YOU NOTICE THAT THE RAMS USED RICHARDSON EARLY AND TURNED MRS. JACKSON LOOSE ON YOU LATE? ..............................your D wears out in games.............so you cover for that by trying to make silk purses out of a sows ear with your O players........I say your O depends on your D too much and collectively (coaches too) you have the game backwards........ ground and pound late, not early ........ you tied and lost with this logic.......Sid Gillman them early to open up what you know you have.......RUNNING!

9. Penalties did not hurt you any where near what clock management ( could have ate a mountain of time and forced the Rams to use their last time out) and poor play calling did to your team.....

10. Your QB was rattled by D looks that confused him often, what game did you watch? I watched the one with Kaepernick acting like the rookie starter he actually is.........Rams LB's were having fun reading your looks and creating havoc at will with blitz looks and drop offs

Your team is confident lining up and punching other teams in the mouth, you faced one that said OK punch me and then stood there and took it just to punch your team in the mouth twice more.......

Your coach was rattled, his staff rattled, and your QB was rattled......you were out coached and out played by a team that used your strengths against you to achieve a win...... you were in fact trapped like poker players who were purposely set up and ya'll fell right into it.......

The Rams are the youngest team in the NFL and your team is now a very experienced and veteran enough group capable of running the table in the NFL.......EXCEPT FOR TWO GLARING PROBLEMS.......Head Coach and QB both are too inexperienced and both are taken off their game with relentless non-stop pressure..........

If you really watched the game twice? Go back near the end of regular session and watch A. Smith as he went over to the sidelines and sat down, totally exhausted and worn out with a towel over his head? That's what happened - your coaching failed you ...... you were PUNKED!
Martz told you all .......Smith was a lousy QB........ get a clue? I like Kaepernick better too....... not because of the game, sincerely....Smith ain't got it....... the teams carried Smith too many times, too many games......in this league the QB needs to be the carrier ...... now that Fisher showed the league how to read Jimmy?
Originally posted by Rams_Man:
So, I was too annoyed to wait until later to rewatch the game. Watched it again immediately.

1) Kaepernick: Lets everyone chill out for a sec. First, the Intentional Grounding WASN'T intentional grounding. The ball started on the far hash and he was outside the tackle box. He threw the ball beyond the LOS. Lets not put a clear missed call on him. Second, the lateral. Bad play. No defending it, but lets be real here for a sec.

3) Defense: Great Game. They got let down by poor play on offense. They got pushed around a few weeks ago vs Jackson and made up for it today. Much better game.

4) Run game: Outside of a few plays at the beginning, they largely got shut down. Even thought they weren't having success, they just kept bashing against that brick wall. THROW THE DAMN BALL. Kaep can make plays Alex couldn't. LET HIM.

7) LaMichael James: We need that outside speed element that Hunter gave them. Gore can thunder between the tackles and Hunter was a great change of pace. Jacobs is good for short yardage, but defenses are just condensing because they don't fear anyone getting out to the perimeter. It's time to activate LaMichael James

8) Manningham: I hope he's not hurt too bad. He's really becoming a clutch player.

9) Walker: WILDLY inconsistent. Athletically a game-changer, but the guy just seems to fight the ball. Two more drops and one of them was a perfect pass that would likely have won the game.

10) Penalties: I dunno if its the domes on the road or what, but the penalties are getting rediculous. Those 10 yard penaties are drive killers. Niners need to fix that crap.

NOW.

11) Crabtree: Looking like the guy we wanted him to be on draft day. Can create when the play breaks down. Kaepernick-Crabtree are going to be a threat for a long-long time. On that topic, a dynamic passer like Kaepernick will make it easier to keep and sign WRs and TEs in the offseason......

1. It was "Intentional Grounding" he flung the ball in panic.....(more why Kaepernick and Smith both suck later.......) The "lateral", to be real, was a bad call and most importantly regarding it......poorly executed.

2. Playcalling ....BINGO! The buck stops with Harbaugh ........ if I could point to one time where anyone threw this game away? The final possesion by the Whiners and the worst clock management ever....... they could have run the clock down and there is no excuse that late in a game not to....what a gift granted to any team in that position, Thanks!

4. Kaepernick was being read like a book? Duh! And by the way, didn't he scoot for 50 late? Gore was obviously hurt badly........his left arm hung limp like a rag. Jacobs has a long history of fumble rooskey in key moments ....sure make him the work horse late, seems logical and all....until you consider his patterns......

5. Kicker injuries? Has the history in this league not taught every team that an injured kicker is a losing teams kicker? Stuff happens, you injure reserve or release, you use a healthy kicker or lose.........

6. I remember Super Teddy being everyones top WR everywhere on draft day ...... but in his defense, Kaepernick was being read Kaepernick was nervous It was not a bad call it was an all-time stupid call ..... it is a laugher of a call and time will prove this making it a monkey on the Coaches back that will haunt him .....Top 10 Bone Head plays of all time ..... STUPID METER PEGS.........

7. If my uncle had testicles he'd be my aunt .......If If If If....... "If" is a word losers use........trust me as a Missouri - Cardinal (football) - Ram fan? I am a qualified expert on losing in football....... and "if" is for losers who think history can be changed........

8. Average at his best ..........(another "if" ......look at Avery - Colts and Alexander - Bolts ....... Rams had both and both cut, now both are leading WR's for their teams lately........WR's don't grow on trees........ pick an apple and it taste good or it doesn't, one thing you can't do is taste it and hope it taste better later.....) The Rams are dependent on rookie WR's and an inexperienced TE ..... WHAT you saw is what a mad man can do to keep you in a game, Mrs. Jackson kicked your front 7 a new one and wore them out......... Your D was worn down and the Rams O was capitalizing late.........DID YOU NOTICE THAT THE RAMS USED RICHARDSON EARLY AND TURNED MRS. JACKSON LOOSE ON YOU LATE? ..............................your D wears out in games.............so you cover for that by trying to make silk purses out of a sows ear with your O players........I say your O depends on your D too much and collectively (coaches too) you have the game backwards........ ground and pound late, not early ........ you tied and lost with this logic.......Sid Gillman them early to open up what you know you have.......RUNNING!

9. Penalties did not hurt you any where near what clock management ( could have ate a mountain of time and forced the Rams to use their last time out) and poor play calling did to your team.....

10. Your QB was rattled by D looks that confused him often, what game did you watch? I watched the one with Kaepernick acting like the rookie starter he actually is.........Rams LB's were having fun reading your looks and creating havoc at will with blitz looks and drop offs

Your team is confident lining up and punching other teams in the mouth, you faced one that said OK punch me and then stood there and took it just to punch your team in the mouth twice more.......

Your coach was rattled, his staff rattled, and your QB was rattled......you were out coached and out played by a team that used your strengths against you to achieve a win...... you were in fact trapped like poker players who were purposely set up and ya'll fell right into it.......

The Rams are the youngest team in the NFL and your team is now a very experienced and veteran enough group capable of running the table in the NFL.......EXCEPT FOR TWO GLARING PROBLEMS.......Head Coach and QB both are too inexperienced and both are taken off their game with relentless non-stop pressure..........

If you really watched the game twice? Go back near the end of regular session and watch A. Smith as he went over to the sidelines and sat down, totally exhausted and worn out with a towel over his head? That's what happened - your coaching failed you ...... you were PUNKED!

stopped reading after that.
When the head of NFL officiating comes in and says its not intentional grounding and you argue that anything else you have to say is dumber than the thought of the Rams being a playoff team.
Ohhhhhh Delanie....and all this time i was wondering why we didnt draft Fleener......smh
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Ohhhhhh Delanie....and all this time i was wondering why we didnt draft Fleener......smh

I don't know why people are so upset with delanie dropping that pass. He's been dropping passes all year. Blaming delanie for drops is like blaming Lindsay Lohan for bad behavior.
Originally posted by BloodWolf209:
Okay, I have been coming to the zone for years and do not post very often. Just like reading what people have to say. Hell, I just barely signed up. I gotta state my opinion on this though.......

Marvin, I always love your posts but this one is way off. Kaep lost us the game, plain and simple. Even if it was a bad safety call he shouldn't have ran back 17 yards in the first place. Even if it was a bad pitch call, he still threw it way over Ginn's head. He made really one good run and a few good passes. For the most part, he was checking it down all game too. He also had at least 2 very bad passes that I remember that Alex always seems to make.

Who knows if we win with Alex in there but I will go with history. With Alex at QB we usually win the games we are supposed to. He DOESN'T make stupid mistakes.

This is NOT a year to mess around at QB. Yes Kaep may be more explosive, but 1 or 2 more explosive plays doesn't win games. It is consistency that wins games. Bring Kaep in next year. I am fine with that but this year is Alex's unless he gets hurt again.

Also, I am starting to lose a lot of confidence in Harbaugh. The guy just doesn't seem to know what he is doing sometimes. He looks confused on the sidelines. I know he is better than any coach we have had in years but the guy needs to push his ego aside. This is getting crazy.

Please cut Akers if we can find a better replacement. If not then that sucks.

I agree. This loss was 100% on Kaep. Still though, his passing looks good.
I agree with SanDiego's post about 6 pages back. Yes Kap is more talented....but he should have won the QB position in TC and PS, not with 5 games left. All the things Kap doesn't know....we saw 3 ugly ones in this game....and there are hundreds more....Alex has seen them all, probably twice, and that is why, old conservative guys like me, would have preferred alex finish the season out for us...and win with his experience, altho he is less talented than Kap, physically. But QB vs Qb? I like alex at game #12 in the season. Putting in a rook to finish the season with a more talented but way greener QB....bad decision by Harbaugh, and I just pray Kap doesn't learn 3 bad things that can happen every game between now and post season. Now, Harbaugh is stuck with Kap, which is probably good for most of you , but I just feel uneasy every time Kap comes to the line. Now, the Rams are a schidt hot D team, esp their line and LB, who blitzed any number of times.

Kap coming to the line, trying to change plays after realizing he had wrong play for the D, was painful to watch. He did, look flustered, he did play flustered , when things went to schidt....and they did on number of occasions. "But", some say, "Did you see that 50 yarder Kap ripped off?" Yup, sure did, but that doesn't make me feel any better when he comes to the LOS and is having trouble with reads, then gets excited and can't get the play off or can't get the play called. Sure alex has had that problem, but he takes a sack rather than a chance for safety or a fumbled lateral at the 5 yrd line. Kap tried, unfortunately, to make those two situations better, and it cost us 9 pts. How many more games do we have to watch Kap learn from his mistakes? Sadly, I would bet all that remain. That is what a seasoned QB does for you. He doesn't lose the game. Well, with Kap at the helm , we can't say that now. Sure the play calling was abysmally horrid. Coach H got outcoached twice in one yr against the Rams. Ouch. But the main difference, was alex would have just sat down when those plays took off, rather than trying to make silk out of a sows ear. Kap tried...and failed. Worse problem was what the hell were Roman and Jimbo doing with those 2 play calls? GAds they were bad.

So now we got a kid with bigger potential talent, no big time game experience, who for some weird reason was given a couple schidt plays to call near our endzone, and they both went bad. Kap screwed up on both...also on not running out of bounds on another play....but as bad as Kap looked, the calls themselve were worse.
So give this big L to Coach H and Roman, and give Kap credit for 50% of this loss also. Making great plays, followed or prefaced by terrible ones, isn't the road to the SB. It is the road to WATCHING the SB at home. Man I sure hope JH hasn't done that to us, unable to wait to get the lanky potential kid out there....instead bringing him in exactly 9 mos too early.

Hey, maybe we sail thru the playoffs and win it all. Big hooray for JH, same for Kap. But if we lose it on bad calls, esp for a rook, esp near the end zone....then I would say we lose all close games, and the fault is divided evenly between Harbaugh and Kap. Man, I hope that doesn't happen on a SB bound team...having a rook make rook mistakes, and losing our shot at the 6th ring. That would hack us all off....and it would make harbaugh look silly ...and not very smart for a former COY. We didn't play the Rams longer than a month ago, and we STILL couldn't come up with a game plan to beat them? Wow! Not bueno.

NOW.

WOW.

OK, where to start....ok, lets do these in order....

1) NOT intentional grounding. It doesn't matter if he threw the ball in a panic. That might have made a diference 5 years ago, but this aint 5 years ago. QBs are ALLOWED to throw the ball away (paniced or not). The only caviat is that they have to be out of the tackle box (ball was on the far hash and RT Anthony davis lined up almost right between the hashes. Kaep was OUTSIDE the near hash) and he needs to clear the Line of Scrimmage (and the LOS extends BEYOND the sideline. The ball CLEARLY traveled beyond the line), There is no question here. Outside Tackle box. Beyond the LOS. CAN'T be Intentional Grounding. Period.

2) Agreed.

3) I understand you usually aren't here very often, but I do these every week. Show up for more than one day before you criticise the way we go over these games. You don't like it, feel free to post elsewhere.

4) Kaep was NOT being read like a book. You guys are funny. Kaep has had great succes in throwing the ball deep so the Rams played zone deep to prevent the big play. Thats why Kaep kept having success on short slants and underneath routes and why he actually played very well on 3rd down. You guys have a great D, but lets not get crazy. You deserved to win, but don't see something that isn't there and get all big-headed.

5) Not sure what your point is on Akers.

6) Ginn was only in the game because they lost Kyle WIlliams for the year against the Saints. Ginn is a special teams only type player.

7) Who said anything about "if"? I said that losing Hunter will make D's collapse on inside runs. They need someone who can get to the perimeter the way Hunter could and James might be that guy. Again, not sure what your point is.

8) Who said Manningham was a superstar? I said he was "clutch", and he has been. He was that way last year too in the NFCCG and the Super Bowl. I'm not advocating calling him a star, I'm saying he's clutch. You appear to be having issues with reading comprehention. As for having it "backwards", the 49ers are just fine. The run game has been the rock they have won games on for 2 years now. My issue was only that they have another weapon in there now with the passing game and they should use it more.

9) 11 penalties (1 of which gave you 2 points and another BS Personal Foul put you in range for another 3) would disagree with you. BTW, I think the game was horribly officiated from top to bottom...bad calls against BOTH teams.

10) Kaep was NOT rattled. Did he make young QB mistakes? Yes. Did he have a little trouble reading the zone coverage? Yes. Ya know what else he did tho? He responded after every single one of those mistakes. He was great on 3rd down (something Alex Smith is notoriously bad at). Thise passes for first downs out of his own endzone were CLUTCH. He threw what should have been the game winner to Delaine Walker and he dropped it. I'm not saying that Kaep was perfect...he made a number of mistakes, but he was NEVER "rattled".

I would agree with you that Fisher outcoached Harbaugh in this one. I can admit that (and it was kinda obvious). Hell, harbaugh all but admitted that himself.

Don't be so quick to count out Kaep and Harbaugh tho. Greater teams have tried and failed. The Rams are young and up and coming, but don't get ahead of yourself.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by BloodWolf209:
Okay, I have been coming to the zone for years and do not post very often. Just like reading what people have to say. Hell, I just barely signed up. I gotta state my opinion on this though.......

Marvin, I always love your posts but this one is way off. Kaep lost us the game, plain and simple. Even if it was a bad safety call he shouldn't have ran back 17 yards in the first place. Even if it was a bad pitch call, he still threw it way over Ginn's head. He made really one good run and a few good passes. For the most part, he was checking it down all game too. He also had at least 2 very bad passes that I remember that Alex always seems to make.

Who knows if we win with Alex in there but I will go with history. With Alex at QB we usually win the games we are supposed to. He DOESN'T make stupid mistakes.

This is NOT a year to mess around at QB. Yes Kaep may be more explosive, but 1 or 2 more explosive plays doesn't win games. It is consistency that wins games. Bring Kaep in next year. I am fine with that but this year is Alex's unless he gets hurt again.

Also, I am starting to lose a lot of confidence in Harbaugh. The guy just doesn't seem to know what he is doing sometimes. He looks confused on the sidelines. I know he is better than any coach we have had in years but the guy needs to push his ego aside. This is getting crazy.

Please cut Akers if we can find a better replacement. If not then that sucks.

I agree. This loss was 100% on Kaep. Still though, his passing looks good.

OK...let me just put it this way....

Why did the Niners lose the NFCCG? Saying the fumbles is way too easy. One of the biggest reasons they lost was an inability to convert 3rd downs and get the ball down the field to WRs. If the Niners were able to score a single point on it's last 4 possessions then Kyle Williams isn't back there with 11 minutes left in Overtime to field a punt.

What did Kaep do well yuesterday and in the rest of his starts? Get the ball down the field and convert on rd down (even in the shadow of his own goalpost). He was CLUTCH on those third down throws. THAT is why he can take this team farther than Alex can.

To me, it's really that simple.

1) Kaepernick: Lets everyone chill out for a sec. Nobody thought he was going to be perfect in every game this year. That's not the reason he was made the starter. First, the Intentional Grounding WASN'T intentional grounding. The ball started on the far hash and he was outside the tackle box. He threw the ball beyond the LOS. Lets not put a clear missed call on him. Second, the lateral. Bad play. No defending it, but lets be real here for a sec. Harbaugh/Roman NEVER should have called that play to begin with. The pitch itself was a "young QB" mistake and he's going to make those. He did enough tho to make up for it and if Delanie Walker can catch the damn ball he wins the game. Kaep STILL made plays that Alex could never make...and I say that as an Alex FAN. He escaped the rush on what would have been sacks several times...including the 50 yard run. He made throws Alex would never make (the outs to Crabtree and Manningham come to mind). It looks like the Rams were very concerned with Kaep completing passes deep down the field and were playong off for most of the game. Thats why the Niners were having success underneath. Kaep (just has he has in his last 2 starts) played very well on third down.

1) Yeah it was a blown call. But when you sprint 18 yards into your own endzone you open yourself up to getting screwed by the refs. Don't do that and it is impossible to have a safety called on you. That is completely on Kaep. Also Alex probably could have pleaded his case and reminded the refs of the real rule (but he wouldn't be dumb enough to be in the endzone to begin with). His pitch was idiotic also. Also didn't look like he was reading the D and calling the protections very well. Looked like a young inexperienced QB with a ton of potential out there. That much is to be expected. I don't blame the kid, Harbaugh gets all the blame for messing with our shot at the SB.
Originally posted by CrazyBob:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:

I don't know why people are so upset with delanie dropping that pass. He's been dropping passes all year. Blaming delanie for drops is like blaming Lindsay Lohan for bad behavior.

Yeah THEY SHOULDNT be doing it!!!!!

NOW.

WOW.

OK, where to start....ok, lets do these in order....

1) NOT intentional grounding. It doesn't matter if he threw the ball in a panic. That might have made a diference 5 years ago, but this aint 5 years ago. QBs are ALLOWED to throw the ball away (paniced or not). The only caviat is that they have to be out of the tackle box (ball was on the far hash and RT Anthony davis lined up almost right between the hashes. Kaep was OUTSIDE the near hash) and he needs to clear the Line of Scrimmage (and the LOS extends BEYOND the sideline. The ball CLEARLY traveled beyond the line), There is no question here. Outside Tackle box. Beyond the LOS. CAN'T be Intentional Grounding. Period.

2) Agreed.

3) I understand you usually aren't here very often, but I do these every week. Show up for more than one day before you criticise the way we go over these games. You don't like it, feel free to post elsewhere.

4) Kaep was NOT being read like a book. You guys are funny. Kaep has had great succes in throwing the ball deep so the Rams played zone deep to prevent the big play. Thats why Kaep kept having success on short slants and underneath routes and why he actually played very well on 3rd down. You guys have a great D, but lets not get crazy. You deserved to win, but don't see something that isn't there and get all big-headed.

5) Not sure what your point is on Akers.

6) Ginn was only in the game because they lost Kyle WIlliams for the year against the Saints. Ginn is a special teams only type player.

7) Who said anything about "if"? I said that losing Hunter will make D's collapse on inside runs. They need someone who can get to the perimeter the way Hunter could and James might be that guy. Again, not sure what your point is.

8) Who said Manningham was a superstar? I said he was "clutch", and he has been. He was that way last year too in the NFCCG and the Super Bowl. I'm not advocating calling him a star, I'm saying he's clutch. You appear to be having issues with reading comprehention. As for having it "backwards", the 49ers are just fine. The run game has been the rock they have won games on for 2 years now. My issue was only that they have another weapon in there now with the passing game and they should use it more.

9) 11 penalties (1 of which gave you 2 points and another BS Personal Foul put you in range for another 3) would disagree with you. BTW, I think the game was horribly officiated from top to bottom...bad calls against BOTH teams.

10) Kaep was NOT rattled. Did he make young QB mistakes? Yes. Did he have a little trouble reading the zone coverage? Yes. Ya know what else he did tho? He responded after every single one of those mistakes. He was great on 3rd down (something Alex Smith is notoriously bad at). Thise passes for first downs out of his own endzone were CLUTCH. He threw what should have been the game winner to Delaine Walker and he dropped it. I'm not saying that Kaep was perfect...he made a number of mistakes, but he was NEVER "rattled".

I would agree with you that Fisher outcoached Harbaugh in this one. I can admit that (and it was kinda obvious). Hell, harbaugh all but admitted that himself.

Don't be so quick to count out Kaep and Harbaugh tho. Greater teams have tried and failed. The Rams are young and up and coming, but don't get ahead of yourself.

Roman: Please get Randy Moss involved!!!!
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
Originally posted by kemp_j:

Alex would have won that game; and its all about the W........

The game is played on the field not on paper.

You are correct, the game is played on the field. . Let me be clearer. Alex would not have made the plays CK made and he wouldn't have made the mistakes he made either. Based on his track record against the Rams (7-1) Alex would've led the 9ers to a win yesterday.

Field facts:

September 11 2005 San Francisco 28 – 25 (home win) Alex
December 24 2005 San Francisco 24 -20 (road win) Alex
September 17 2006 San Franciscos 20 – 13 (home win Alex
November 26 2006 St Louis 20 – 17 (road loss) Alex
September 16 2007 San Francisco 17 – 16 (road win) Alex
November 18 2007 St Louis 13 – 9 (home loss) Dilfer
November 16 2008 San Francisco 35 – 16 (home win) O'Sullivan
December 21 2008 San Francisco 17 – 16 (road win) O'Sullivan
October 4 2009 San Francisco 35 – 0 (home win) Hill
January 3 2009 San Francisco 28 – 6 (road win) Alex
November 14 2010 San Francisco 23 – 20 (home win) Troy Smith
December 26 2010 St Louis 25 – 17 (road Loss) Troy Smith
December 4, 2011 San Francisco 26 – 0 (home win) Alex
January 1, 2011 San Francisco 34 – 27 (road win) Alex
Martz told you all .......Smith was a lousy QB........ get a clue? I like Kaepernick better too....... not because of the game, sincerely....Smith ain't got it....... the teams carried Smith too many times, too many games......in this league the QB needs to be the carrier ...... now that Fisher showed the league how to read Jimmy?

your s**tty team couldn't score points without help...you got a gimme
Wow. That was a really good game. I gotta hand it to the Rams, they look like a fantastic up-and-coming team. Fisher really out-dueled Harbaugh yesterday. Combine that with the fact that the Seahawks won yesterday and it looks like this is going to be a very tight division for years to come. It was tough enough having to deal with just the Seahawks. I don't know if we can compete with the Seahawks AND a resurgent Rams.