There are 269 users in the forums

Week 13: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
WHY IS IT SO OBVIOUS TO EVERYONE AND NOT TO THE COACHES.....

Toss play SO STUPID....why not throw the ball, or roll it out......not a lot of designed roll outs.

How bout running some counter plays and use the aggressiveness of the Rams, like a LMJ counter.

And yes, Janoris Jenkins was ten yards off Moss and Manningham, why not keep going to that, and if they go tight, then you pass deep.

Roman keeps running into a brick wall, why all of the runs into nowhere. I don't get it.

Why go so conservative at the end? In overtime, I'm screaming PLAY FOR THE TOUCHDOWN, Akers hasn't been money lately.

La Michael James.....has got to play. We need a speedy back, how bout just for a couple plays like Kendall. The only thing I can think of, is that he's such a liability in pass defense if the play gets changed at the line.

BLAME THE GAME ON ROMAN AND HARBAUGH.....Poor offensive play calling, and boneheaded moves lost them the game. And we were still a missed FG away from winning. Hopefully, they will learn from this.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:

Toss play SO STUPID....why not throw the ball, or roll it out......not a lot of designed roll outs.

How bout running some counter plays and use the aggressiveness of the Rams, like a LMJ counter.

And yes, Janoris Jenkins was ten yards off Moss and Manningham, why not keep going to that, and if they go tight, then you pass deep.

Roman keeps running into a brick wall, why all of the runs into nowhere. I don't get it.

Why go so conservative at the end? In overtime, I'm screaming PLAY FOR THE TOUCHDOWN, Akers hasn't been money lately.

La Michael James.....has got to play. We need a speedy back, how bout just for a couple plays like Kendall. The only thing I can think of, is that he's such a liability in pass defense if the play gets changed at the line.

BLAME THE GAME ON ROMAN AND HARBAUGH.....Poor offensive play calling, and boneheaded moves lost them the game. And we were still a missed FG away from winning. Hopefully, they will learn from this.

coaches took blame play for play call immediately after game....
we just need to quit with the fancy s**t and play straight up. I don't want Kap f**king it up
Sorry about that.

1). The Rams had an answer for almost all of our plays. In the 2nd half Roman made no adjustments. It was reminiscent of Bozo the Singletary's 3 Frank Gore runs up the middle and punt. Coaching = F-

2). Andy Lee played excellent [Can he kick Field Goals?]

3). Delaine "Butterfingers" Walker is the most inconsistent player n te team. Inexcusable drop!

4). STUPID plenalties [reflects back to coaching] Goldson is good for 1-2 a game.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Sorry about that.

1). The Rams had an answer for almost all of our plays. In the 2nd half Roman made no adjustments. It was reminiscent of Bozo the Singletary's 3 Frank Gore runs up the middle and punt. Coaching = F-

2). Andy Lee played excellent [Can he kick Field Goals?]

3). Delaine "Butterfingers" Walker is the most inconsistent player n te team. Inexcusable drop!

4). STUPID plenalties [reflects back to coaching] Goldson is good for 1-2 a game.

Although the play was probably unnecessary.... I thought Bradford slid really late and it was obvious Goldson made no helment to helment contact... bad call by the refs.... but unnecessary play to begin with.
Let me preface this post by saying that I have two teams: the New England Patriots because I grew up back there, and the 49ers, because I moved to NorCal just in time for the Walsh/Montana era. Unless you're from Dallas or New York (LA?) or something, you had to fall for those 49ers. I loved Steve Young and his teams too. Ballsiest QB ever, maybe. As a 1/2 (OK, maybe 80% ) Patriots fan, I hope Bill Belichick, defensive coordinator Matt Patricia, etc. look at a lot of video from yesterday's 49er - Rams game. Jeff Fisher and his staff bottled up Colin Kaepernick very GD well, although, if Delanie Walker doesn't drop a perfectly thrown ball to him at the goal line, the 49ers almost certainly win that game. Then, people would still be saying Kaepernick might be taking the 49ers to another level. I personally think he still is. Sometimes you just have to tip your cap to the opposition for a terrific game plan. Fisher figured it out. I see from the Rams coaches' web page that there is no defensive coordinator listed, so I guess the defensive game plan was mostly Fisher's. Just go back to Candlestick and pound the crap out of Miami, and then see you in New England.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
What was the reason that we made Kaep the starter? IF it wasn't that he gives us a better chance to win now, it was a mistake.

I don't think he did that this game.

He DOES give them a better chance....but that doesn't mean they are going to win every game. Alex would have been crushed under that rush. He wouldn't have converted half the third downs that Kaep did. I like Alex, but Kaep gives the 49ers a better chance to win. He's going to make mistakes, but he's also going to make big plays to make up for them.

I agree that CK can make plays that Alex cannot make,(or won't even attempt; CK lacks the experience that Alex has.

Alex has 7 season's of experience against the Rams and unlike CK, has proven he can beat them.

The defense played lights out yesterday and Alex would have won that game; and its all about the W........
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:

coaches took blame play for play call immediately after game....

the coaches made a worse call right after the 2 minute warning with the pass attempt to walker---they should have run the ball, milked the clock and forced rams to use theor time outs
  • cools
  • Veteran
* Losing a game cause of poor coaching hurts, felt like Jimmy Raye was in the booth

* Not too worried about Kap, but c'mon buddy, what were ya thinkin... stay inbounds !!!

* I wont really miss D'Walker when he leaves as a free agent, need to upgrade that 2nd TE spot

* Need to get in and out of the huddle quicker, On many occasions Kap seemed frantic trying to call adibles with little time left

* Crabtree haters should be changing thier tune, this guy is a player

* Get the ball to Vern ! (hes on my fantasy team, lol)

* Im on the Kap wagon, but i do think we win that game if Alex was the QB
[ Edited by cools on Dec 3, 2012 at 9:42 AM ]
This game was frustrating, as our errors were very much to blame for losing this game.

The Rams were very solid in defence, so credit to them there, however our play calling really sucked.

Whilst Kap made a few key mistakes (the 12 ft high toss, running back into the EZ on the non-safety & running out of bounds), I saw enough to convince me that he can do well.

The key thing for me, rookie mistakes aside, is he has great accuracy, and makes good (throwing) decisions. He has thrown one pick in 3 1/2 starts and that was on a bad snap, he just made a bad read and I think it is something he will learn from.

I only saw parts of the game yesterday (family event), but from what I saw, there was only one bad throw (I think he had VD open and overthrew him) and possibly the decision to throw to Crabtree on third down when it looked like he was covered. [Apologies if I missed any other bad decisions/throws]

We can learn from bad play calls and he can learn not to run out of bounds, but he has shown me skills Alex just hasn't. I am a fan of Alex and I feel really sorry for him, he is a player I really like because of how he handles himself and I will never forget the run we had last season, but I think Kap should be the QB going forward.

We have seen that some defenses can stop us (Giants & Vikings), so I feel we need a QB who can take make all the throws, and from what I have seen so far Kap is the guy.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
My thoughts the day after.

- can we please stop throwing to Delanie its clear he cant be trusted to catch it. Also passing on Fleener looks pretty dumb right now.

- I think JH is gonna have to take more of an active role in play calling. Roman has proven this year when it matters the most his balls shrivel up like a raisin.

- Also can they rotate our Dline a bit more because at the end of the game those dudes are drained.

- Gotta do something about Akers before its too late, dude has already cost us two victories.
Originally posted by kemp_j:

Alex would have won that game; and its all about the W........

The game is played on the field not on paper.
I just want to know why they didn't just keep going to the slant play Jenkins was totally lost. We could have done that play all the way to the goaline in overtime.
Originally posted by lamontb:
I just want to know why they didn't just keep going to the slant play Jenkins was totally lost. We could have done that play all the way to the goaline in overtime.

Exactly....and then you hit him with a double move and he probably would have gone for it.
Originally posted by pete98146:
Originally posted by lamontb:

Exactly....and then you hit him with a double move and he probably would have gone for it.
i think the coaches do this conservative crap for a reason..and i dont like this $hit !!!
Share 49ersWebzone