There are 52 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anyone care to discuss that the running game produced 2.3 yards per carry today (excl. QB

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Rams Dline is really f**king good.

Other than that I dont know what the problem is, But harbaugh and roman need to start taking responsibility.

Harbaugh needs to fall on his sword and admit that alot of these blunders are on him and the coaching staff. I will respect him if he takes responsibility and states they are working on correcting the problem. Anything less is unacceptable.

Him and romans egos are hurting the team at this point. Time to look in the mirror and make adjustments with themselves, not with the team.
I think you have hit it on the head. I think that pitch was something that should never have been called given the situation and field position. It is as if Harbaugh and Roman forgot the philosophy of field position and defense that was so successful last year--it is a philosophy that would work well no matter who the quarterback is.
Won & Lost in the trenches.

The most un-creative game by Roman.

Rams are a better team than given credit.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
That's an excellent description of what happened today.

Kaepernick didn't make a single bad read all day. He made a bad pitch, that's it.

He's being roasted though. I don't get it. Such a bad playcall IMO
Originally posted by Loco49er:
I think people forget that Alex is good at calling audibles that help the run game.

They also remember that he's horrible on 3rd down and can't push the ball downfield. Maybe you forgot that. Alex
Smith is past. We're Moving on with Kaep.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Won & Lost in the trenches.

The most un-creative game by Roman.

Rams are a better team than given credit.

Agreed,

This team lives and dies on the run. If the run game isn't working, the 49ers are in trouble. You can't spend two downs on two yards every possession and expect the QB to bail you out on obvious passing situations.

This game was totally dominated by the Rams D and their defensive playcalls.

I still feel like Roman's playcalling hurt the 49ers more than the Rams defense.
Oline got beat up today and the Play calling was horrid.
I think we will really miss Hunter going forward--not sure any other RB we have can effectively spell Gore. I also think that the pitch playcall sucked, but if Delanie Walker catches that TD it is all moot....
I saw alot of 8 and 9 man fronts and had a spy shadowing Kaep on most plays. Thought play calling at times was very conservative (esp when facing those looks)
Think refs helped them with that bad intentional grounding/safety call(2 points), and the fumble recovery the player was touched down at the 2 instead got TD(6 points), the 15 yrd personal foul of Goldson to move them out beyond mid field for the game tie FG (3 points) Was never any helmet to helmet, body to helmet and Goldson was diving as QB began to slide.
Refs were the direct result of Rams getting 11 of their 16 points. .
May just be me but seems like the refs are making some really controversial calls against us at times this season.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by johnnyredneat:
If we go forward with Kaep, he'd better make major strides in recognizing blitzes pre-snap.

Alex takes a sack on those 'jailbreak' blitzes every time.

and Kaepernick scores safeties for the other team
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Rams Dline is really f**king good.

Other than that I dont know what the problem is, But harbaugh and roman need to start taking responsibility.

Harbaugh needs to fall on his sword and admit that alot of these blunders are on him and the coaching staff. I will respect him if he takes responsibility and states they are working on correcting the problem. Anything less is unacceptable.

Him and romans egos are hurting the team at this point. Time to look in the mirror and make adjustments with themselves, not with the team.

The best run blocking offensive line in the NFL got their ass kicked by the #7 Defensive line in the NFL.

to be honest, it looked like they knew our plays before we snapped the ball. I don't know if its the formations, the personnel (like someone said when Jacobs was in there it seemed like it was always a run), or one of our offensive players giving away plays with tendencies.

Maiocco reported the players saying just this, that the Rams seemed to know what plays they were running and had the perfect defenses called each time
And when it was obvious the running game wasn't working, they kept running more and more, never attempting to stretch the field with a few long passes to take advantage of Kaepernick's arm. Today's two yards and a cloud of turf reminded me of the Sing/Raye offense.
Originally posted by Loco49er:
I think people forget that Alex is good at calling audibles that help the run game.

The run game did perfectly fine with Kaepernick the last 2 weeks. The offensive line just got manhandled today. Alex just audibles in and out of runs, he isn't standing at the line pointing out coverages and blitzes to his linemen like Peyton Manning.
Today we saw just how valuable Hunter was to our offense. Gore was dead tired by the 3rd quarter.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Today we saw just how valuable Hunter was to our offense. Gore was dead tired by the 3rd quarter.

Not only that but our running game was so predictable.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

both of you guys are right. I wish LA mike was in the game.