There are 183 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anyone care to discuss that the running game produced 2.3 yards per carry today (excl. QB

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Rams Dline is really f**king good.

Other than that I dont know what the problem is, But harbaugh and roman need to start taking responsibility.

Harbaugh needs to fall on his sword and admit that alot of these blunders are on him and the coaching staff. I will respect him if he takes responsibility and states they are working on correcting the problem. Anything less is unacceptable.

Him and romans egos are hurting the team at this point. Time to look in the mirror and make adjustments with themselves, not with the team.

The best run blocking offensive line in the NFL got their ass kicked by the #7 Defensive line in the NFL.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Rams Dline is really f**king good.

Other than that I dont know what the problem is, But harbaugh and roman need to start taking responsibility.

Harbaugh needs to fall on his sword and admit that alot of these blunders are on him and the coaching staff. I will respect him if he takes responsibility and states they are working on correcting the problem. Anything less is unacceptable.

Him and romans egos are hurting the team at this point. Time to look in the mirror and make adjustments with themselves, not with the team.

The best run blocking offensive line in the NFL got their ass kicked by the #7 Defensive line in the NFL.

to be honest, it looked like they knew our plays before we snapped the ball. I don't know if its the formations, the personnel (like someone said when Jacobs was in there it seemed like it was always a run), or one of our offensive players giving away plays with tendencies.
Yeah we were distracted with the QB situation. However, if Alex can be playing well but we are not happy with the explosiveness of the offense then the same can be said of Frank Gore and the running game. Lately, his average may have been good but the explosiveness of the trun game has been non existent. Frank has been averaging about 75-85 yards a game over hte last couple of weeks. NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Maybe we should look at replacing Frank as well as early as next season.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Rams did their best to stop the running. Forced Kaep to make plays with his passing read progression. They put pressure on Kaep. Contained him when he tried to go outside of the pocket. Roughed up our receivers when they do make the catch. Some plays Kaep won with his throws. Some plays Kaep won with his running. But for the most part the Rams held us to 10 pts. They played good defense. And had containment on Kaep.

Defensive blueprint courtesy of Fisher.

That's an excellent description of what happened today.

Kaepernick didn't make a single bad read all day. He made a bad pitch, that's it.

Agree 100%. I know Kaep's turnovers will be the focus of this game. But I laugh at the many posters who already want him benched. He still showed good pocket presence and made the proper reads. He threw crisp, accurate passes. He made plays with his feet. His mistakes cost us the game, no doubt. But to ignore everything else he did in the game is just asinine.

he had happy feet and was running around all game, he wasn't standing in the pocket

He ran when necessary to extend the play. I didn't see happy feet. I also saw him stay in the pocket and make some nice throws. He was 21-32 for 208 yards and added 84 yards rushing. His ability to throw and run is not in question. His two mistakes cost us. Those are rare mistakes and he will learn from it.
Horrible OL play and bad play calling. Its that simple
Originally posted by kelpie70:
Yeah we were distracted with the QB situation. However, if Alex can be playing well but we are not happy with the explosiveness of the offense then the same can be said of Frank Gore and the running game. Lately, his average may have been good but the explosiveness of the trun game has been non existent. Frank has been averaging about 75-85 yards a game over hte last couple of weeks. NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Maybe we should look at replacing Frank as well as early as next season.

thats well over a 1000yd season. Im pretty sure we have enough RB's for now. Considering how many we RBs we have now and how we average over 150 rushing yds a game I THINK we are ok there.
Rams did their best to stop the running. Forced Kaep to make plays with his passing read progression. They put pressure on Kaep. Contained him when he tried to go outside of the pocket. Roughed up our receivers when they do make the catch. Some plays Kaep won with his throws. Some plays Kaep won with his running. But for the most part the Rams held us to 10 pts. They played good defense. And had containment on Kaep.

Kaepernick didn't make a single bad read all day. He made a bad pitch, that's it.

Agree 100%. I know Kaep's turnovers will be the focus of this game. But I laugh at the many posters who already want him benched. He still showed good pocket presence and made the proper reads. He threw crisp, accurate passes. He made plays with his feet. His mistakes cost us the game, no doubt. But to ignore everything else he did in the game is just asinine.

he had happy feet and was running around all game, he wasn't standing in the pocket

He ran when necessary to extend the play. I didn't see happy feet. I also saw him stay in the pocket and make some nice throws. He was 21-32 for 208 yards and added 84 yards rushing. His ability to throw and run is not in question. His two mistakes cost us. Those are rare mistakes and he will learn from it.

He was bouncing from the pocket a lot. When he stood tall he did great but it wasn't happening enough.

His ypg before this game as 83. So 75-85 was basically average

LOL wut?

He was bouncing from the pocket a lot. When he stood tall he did great but it wasn't happening enough.

There were lots of plays he extended that Alex would have been sacked on
[ Edited by monsterzero789 on Dec 2, 2012 at 3:56 PM ]
Not having Kendall Hunter was a big blow. It dictated the play calling and Gore had more of a workload than he's had all year. Combine those with the fact that the Rams DL is pretty deng good
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

dont care, I will take a sack if it means we aren't giving points away
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

Like the one into the end zone.
Its Alex's fault!

Fisher knew what needed to be done. He out schemed Roman and figured out his tendencies. Roman went back to old playcalling habits/style as if Smith was the one in the game. Kap's not at the point of changing plays at the line of scrimmage to compensate for a poor OC decision.

I was, and still am, for the CK7 change, but if Roman can't adapt to the advantages and disadvantages of playing a YOUNG, Super Skilled, QB, this will not end well.