There are 118 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anyone care to discuss that the running game produced 2.3 yards per carry today (excl. QB

Tried to bring it up in another thread. Most people just want to talk about the suxorz that is Kaepernick.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
stack the box and make the "rookie" beat you......

That's not really what happened.

I didnt see an empty line at all

should be 'make the 'rookie' and the lack of receivers beat you...'

Both Williams and eventually Manningham were out
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Rams did their best to stop the running. Forced Kaep to make plays with his passing read progression. They put pressure on Kaep. Contained him when he tried to go outside of the pocket. Roughed up our receivers when they do make the catch. Some plays Kaep won with his throws. Some plays Kaep won with his running. But for the most part the Rams held us to 10 pts. They played good defense. And had containment on Kaep.

Defensive blueprint courtesy of Fisher.

That's an excellent description of what happened today.

Kaepernick didn't make a single bad read all day. He made a bad pitch, that's it.

Crabs, Moss, Vernon, and our 1st rounder.....when Swain is in the lineup the excuse holds water
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Tried to bring it up in another thread. Most people just want to talk about the suxorz that is Kaepernick.

They tighten up against the run in the second half. What else is there to talk about....
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 2, 2012 at 3:16 PM ]

Exactly. That was apparent. We had a lot of run-heavy formations today as a result.
They tighten up against the run in the second half. What else is there to talk about....

No. They destroyed the #1 rushing attack in the NFL. 1 yard per carry in the second half.
Rams did their best to stop the running. Forced Kaep to make plays with his passing read progression. They put pressure on Kaep. Contained him when he tried to go outside of the pocket. Roughed up our receivers when they do make the catch. Some plays Kaep won with his throws. Some plays Kaep won with his running. But for the most part the Rams held us to 10 pts. They played good defense. And had containment on Kaep.

Kaepernick didn't make a single bad read all day. He made a bad pitch, that's it.

Agree 100%. I know Kaep's turnovers will be the focus of this game. But I laugh at the many posters who already want him benched. He still showed good pocket presence and made the proper reads. He threw crisp, accurate passes. He made plays with his feet. His mistakes cost us the game, no doubt. But to ignore everything else he did in the game is just asinine.
Alex takes a sack on those 'jailbreak' blitzes every time.

Absolutely untrue. Alex Smith has many faults but reading and attacking blitzes is not one. His stats against the blitz are extremely good, even in a stat like QBR that factors in sacks taken.

Kaep is an exciting young player and has loads of potential. But over and over today, you could see his eyes went to look for running lanes as soon as a big blitz came. He'd better fix that - his play made sure this is not the last time he'll see this defensive gameplan against him.
The Rams D just stoned walled the run game today. Don't think the miners going to do much rushing on that team much in the near future...
Agree 100%. I know Kaep's turnovers will be the focus of this game. But I laugh at the many posters who already want him benched. He still showed good pocket presence and made the proper reads. He threw crisp, accurate passes. He made plays with his feet. His mistakes cost us the game, no doubt. But to ignore everything else he did in the game is just asinine.

With the way the O-line played today, Alex Smith would have been sacked 7 or 8 times.

They shut down the run. If teams shut down the run, Smith is done.

Crabs, Moss, Vernon, and our 1st rounder.....when Swain is in the lineup the excuse holds water

I agree with you. But that beyond the point I like to discuss Kaep and the offense -- not Kaepologies
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 2, 2012 at 3:19 PM ]

he had happy feet and was running around all game, he wasn't standing in the pocket
Rams Dline is really f**king good.

Other than that I dont know what the problem is, But harbaugh and roman need to start taking responsibility.

Harbaugh needs to fall on his sword and admit that alot of these blunders are on him and the coaching staff. I will respect him if he takes responsibility and states they are working on correcting the problem. Anything less is unacceptable.

Him and romans egos are hurting the team at this point. Time to look in the mirror and make adjustments with themselves, not with the team.
o-line sucked big time today, in both pass and run blocking