LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

Anyone care to discuss that the running game produced 2.3 yards per carry today (excl. QB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Anyone care to discuss that the running game produced 2.3 yards per carry today (excl. QB runs)?

Frank gore and Brandon Jacobs combined for 64 yards on 27 carries. That is abysmal. That is awful. Nobody is talking about that. Arguably, it was Gore's worst game since the 2009 opener against Arizona. Kaepernick had an above-average game. 6.25 yards per touch outside of the safety and the pitch from hell. Lots of drops today. Lots. I don't see how Alex Smith would have done any better today against the Rams...

game chart:

First half

Gore

Jacobs

10 Carries for 40 yards in the first half for Gore, 2 carries for 5 yards for Jacobs

Second Half

Gore

Jacobs

Second Half
Gore - 13 carries for 15 yards. Jacobs 2 carries for 1 yard.

Splits: first half - 12 carries for 45 yards, 3.75 YPC. second half - 15 carries for 16 yards, 1.07 YPC.

#runninggamefail
Oline got whooped today
I think people forget that Alex is good at calling audibles that help the run game.
Kendall.

Hunter.
Originally posted by Loco49er:
I think people forget that Alex is good at calling audibles that help the run game.

This.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Oline got whooped today

They need to figure this s**t out, its not like the Rams aren't going to be a constant matchup, year-in and year-out.
stack the box and make the "rookie" beat you......
Originally posted by jreff22:

That's not really what happened.

If we go forward with Kaep, he'd better make major strides in recognizing blitzes pre-snap.
Originally posted by johnnyredneat:
If we go forward with Kaep, he'd better make major strides in recognizing blitzes pre-snap.

Alex takes a sack on those 'jailbreak' blitzes every time.

Horrible game by the oline
Rams did their best to stop the running. Forced Kaep to make plays with his passing read progression. They put pressure on Kaep. Contained him when he tried to go outside of the pocket. Roughed up our receivers when they do make the catch. Some plays Kaep won with his throws. Some plays Kaep won with his running. But for the most part the Rams held us to 10 pts. They played good defense. And had containment on Kaep.

Defensive blueprint courtesy of Fisher.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 2, 2012 at 3:12 PM ]
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Horrible game by the oline

Yep. Kaep had to run for his life on many occasions today.
Originally posted by nickbradley:

That's not really what happened.

I didnt see an empty line at all
O-Line played terrible today, thats where the run starts. If you cant play good on the o-line the run game isnt going to do anything.
Share 49ersWebzone