There are 172 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Demarcus Dobbs, busted for Marijuana ...

They're still arresting people for weed?
Originally posted by kray28:
They're still arresting people for weed?

Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper:
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:
Just got a prompt from Team Stream 3 minutes ago will post the link in a few ...
Front page of CSNBAYAREA.com

"He was involved in a crash and we suspect he was under the influence of alcohol,"
California Highway Patrol Officer D.J. Sarabia told CSNBayArea.com. "He was not
injured and he was also arrested for possession of marijuana."

Driving drunk, bad.

Smoking marijuana, who cares?

This
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper:
Driving drunk, bad.

Smoking marijuana, who cares?

Unfortunately, a lot of people. Which is stupid.

As a libertarian I couldn't give a crap about someone smoking some weed, but driving while high is wrong, IMO, so if he was drunk AND under the influence of Marijuana while driving that's worse than just being drunk and driving (which is wrong enough just by itself), as far as I'm concerned.

Fully agree, there is no good reason for Marijuana to not be fully legal for recreational use like alcohol.

Legalize it!

I was just in in Colorado and nobody was blazing up out in public. Whatever consenting competent adults want to do is their own damn business (like tattoos )
Alcohol has killed not only people from drunk driving ..but family's who deal with a person under the influence of alcohol. Alcohol just messes up everything. Smoke weed if you want..just understand you actually might be called on one day to do something important and YOU MIGHT BE STONED!
"I was gonna play the rams, but then I got high but then i got high but then i got highhhh"
  • dqh01
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:
Alcohol has killed not only people from drunk driving ..but family's who deal with a person under the influence of alcohol. Alcohol just messes up everything. Smoke weed if you want..just understand you actually might be called on one day to do something important and YOU MIGHT BE STONED!

Drugs like alcohol also cause an array of problems. Ppl high on drugs are most likely to lie, cheat, steal, rob and kill for money to feed their addiction. Ppl high on drugs also are more likely to commit violent crimes such as senseless murders they don't realize the gravity of it while under the influence. Legalizing Marijuana just isn't that simple without considering these number of social problems and consequences it poses. Weed smells terrible and Ppl who smoke it look terrible. I hate weed smokers. Yes, you too Demarcus Dobbs!
Probably on his way to the Tat parlour!!
Today I learned that me and Dobbs share the same birthday!! Im quite sure we didnt celebrate it in the same way though......

in all seriousness; hope he gets his act together and the 49ers give him a chance to redeem himself
so what...

DGH01...weed might help people like you...
[ Edited by goldrush49 on Dec 1, 2012 at 8:22 AM ]
Too bad for DeMarcus. His time in the 49er uni is probably over. Dude looked absolutely monstrous in preseason play during the past two seasons. He was almost a sure bet to climb that ladder into a starting role had any of our starters left via free agency.

Too all dopers who believe this isn't a bad thing: GET REAL. This is bad. As in, real bad. The NFL won't stand for this crap. Neither will Jed York. Nor will Jim Harbaugh.

Dobbs didn't just screw up. He royally fu**ed himself. I agree with other posters who brought up the question: If you're making NFL type money, don't you have the brains to hire a ride home?

This is just bad on so many different levels...
Originally posted by dqh01:
Drugs like alcohol also cause an array of problems. Ppl high on drugs are most likely to lie, cheat, steal, rob and kill for money to feed their addiction. Ppl high on drugs also are more likely to commit violent crimes such as senseless murders they don't realize the gravity of it while under the influence. Legalizing Marijuana just isn't that simple without considering these number of social problems and consequences it poses. Weed smells terrible and Ppl who smoke it look terrible. I hate weed smokers. Yes, you too Demarcus Dobbs!

i hope you're talking about coke, crack, heroin, and meth because smoking cannabis leads to none of that.
Originally posted by boast:

i hope you're talking about coke, crack, heroin, and meth because smoking cannabis leads to none of that.

Agreed, but it still sends a bad sign, Boast. It's not the weed itself, it's the actions of Dobbs leading up to the accident and the arrest. All of it could have been avoided, yet Dobbs worked hard to make sure that he put himself into a situation where he was doomed to failure.

People are going to associate weed with this act no matter how much you don't like it DeMarcus made some very stupid choices.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by boast:

Agreed, but it still sends a bad sign, Boast. It's not the weed itself, it's the actions of Dobbs leading up to the accident and the arrest. All of it could have been avoided, yet Dobbs worked hard to make sure that he put himself into a situation where he was doomed to failure.

People are going to associate weed with this act no matter how much you don't like it DeMarcus made some very stupid choices.

i was commenting more on his sweeping generalization of weed.

i agree, Dobbs is an idiot. in no way am i condoning his actions.
There is nothing wrong with marijuana. So guys can smoke cigarettes, drink alcohol, but somehow marijuana is illegal? F-- that, police state bull-s--.
Originally posted by Prospector:
There is nothing wrong with marijuana. So guys can smoke cigarettes, drink alcohol, but somehow marijuana is illegal? F-- that, police state bull-s--.

Preach on brotha!

I despise drunk driving but people trippin over the weed is just silly.