LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 307 users in the forums

lets do something special for Alex...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I am not going to the game vs Miami, but if anyone is I think it be cool to see some signs out there that support Alex Smith.. lets not forget that he got us to the championship game last year and all that he has been trough. As an athlete myself this does suck. but I do think that Kaepernick has more upside and he is definitely more exciting to watch... Alex has been real solid since Harbaugh took charge in San Francisco.. thats how the game is.. Drew Bledsoe went down and look at Tom Brady..
Cupcake sale
Poor Alex. It's sad how he lost his job. He got a concussion. Not really his fault. He just can't get the ball down the field like Kaep can. Kaep has a cannon and very fast legs too. Plus he's bigger. He's just the bigger upside. It's a shame Alex was having his best year ever and then lost his job. The NFL is a rough business.
I'll do something for Alex at the game. I'll still cheer my ass off for his team.
IM GOING TO START A WE WANT SMITH CHANT AT OUR NEXT HOME GAME.
well I dunno if we do want Smith.. i mean we got the luxury to have two awesome QB's... Colin is not proven yet but with time we will know.. and i think this is a smart move because if Colin takes us to the promise land we can have Smith traded for a 2nd or 1st rounder.. I mean look at the Raiders.. they gave away two 1st rounders for a 30+ year old QB..
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Alex is so rich he probably uses $100 bills as toilet paper. Poor guy.
I think smith would've been replaced before the postseason regardless of the injury. Harbaugh had already been putting in kaepernick in situations where the game was still close. The injury just became a perfect excuse for harbaugh. Alex got to start for 6 yrs as an average at best qb. People shouldnt feel too sorry for him, his play had more to do with the switch than his concussion.
He's a football player that has made millions of dollars. I support the guy as our QB, whether he's holding a clipboard or out on the field. Love the guy and what he did for us last year. I also love his game. But there's no way in hell I'm going to give him sympathy, and I highly doubt he wants it. It's his job, not a right. And since he's not the boss, he doesn't get to call the shots. He only gets to do what the boss, aka Harbaugh, directs him to do.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
no

I wish he would quit wearing the helmet and just wear the earpiece and help out with substitutions like every other backup does. Hiding in the shell is not a good look.
I wish he would quit wearing the helmet and just wear the earpiece and help out with substitutions like every other backup does. Hiding in the shell is not a good look.
Originally posted by Ninerguy:
I think smith would've been replaced before the postseason regardless of the injury. Harbaugh had already been putting in kaepernick in situations where the game was still close. The injury just became a perfect excuse for harbaugh. Alex got to start for 6 yrs as an average at best qb. People shouldnt feel too sorry for him, his play had more to do with the switch than his concussion.

Even if he wasn't replaced this season, I think it would of happened 2013....
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
Even if he wasn't replaced this season, I think it would of happened 2013....

yup..
Share 49ersWebzone