There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anyone excited to see LeMichael James play?

I like him. Does he have a nickname? I wanna call him Frenchie. Lemichael sounds French.
Loved LMJ at Oregon, wished he would come to the Niners and he did! Liked the way there would be a big pile and he would burst out through the chaos for big gains. Almost did that today. Perhaps could turn into a terrific kick returner as well. Hope that they don't just keep sending him around the ends, as it seemed they did too often with Hunter, like here comes the fast guy, spread out...
Over 100 all-pupose yards. A very nice debut!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Staying humble -- he killed it and he isn't letting it get to head.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/12/09/fresh-legged-james-impressive-in-long-awaited-nfl-debut/

"(The game) really want that fast to me," James said. "I was really calm, I wasn't nervous and I went out there and played."

Given his impressive debut, James was asked a logical question: Did he think he should have been activated much earlier?

"Not at all," James said. "The coaches know what they're doing. I'm just here to help the team win. I'm not sure if I was ready a few weeks ago."
[ Edited by sfout on Dec 9, 2012 at 6:35 PM ]
Originally posted by sfout:

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/12/09/fresh-legged-james-impressive-in-long-awaited-nfl-debut/

Quote:
"(The game) really want that fast to me," James said. "I was really calm, I wasn't nervous and I went out there and played."

Given his impressive debut, James was asked a logical question: Did he think he should have been activated much earlier?

"Not at all," James said. "The coaches know what they're doing. I'm just here to help the team win. I'm not sure if I was ready a few weeks ago."

Smart guy. He saw what happened to Jacobs after complaining.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:

Quote:

you say that like he would've complained normally........

<blockquote class="quote">
Quote:

No. Just light heatedly pointing out that Jacobs complained and suddenly saw James and Dixon get runs while he didn't.
Great to see LaMichael play well today! It sucks not having Hunter, but we're in good hands with this kid.
Looked bigger than I thought he did in the preseason. Good option to have going forward.
Originally posted by baltien:
Loved watching the kid play. Between him and Hunter, we have a very bright future at RB.

This
You could have slapped the number 32 on his back and I would not have noticed the difference. I was worried when we lost Hunter. Not so worried anymore.

<blockquote class="quote">
Quote:

No. Just light heatedly pointing out that Jacobs complained and suddenly saw James and Dixon get runs while he didn't.

More like Brandon Jacobs is not the answer to the change of pace running game this team utilizes. That was painfully obvious last week with BJ in there.
Great Debut Mr. James. well done
Great game! Too bad Roman called that atrocious toss sweep to him that killed his average. Had he not tripped over Tukuafu's big feet he probably would've had a huge gainer on that 1 run too.

He would have had a 60 yard touchdown.

LMJ reminds me of a faster, smaller(?) Charlie Garner. He's going to be really good.
very impressed with LMJ today , he looks like he is going to be a star in this league
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home