There are 87 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Navarro Bowman signs 5 year contract extension til 2018!

NFL QBs will continue to have sleepness nights for years to come.
Originally posted by captveg:
NFL QBs will continue to have sleepness nights for years to come.

That is if they havent already been KO'd by one of our LBs.
This is Awesome news, now if we could just get Dashon locked up.....
Originally posted by kidash98:
THIS THREAD IS ABOUT BOWMAN RE-SIGNING WITH THE 49ERS. ANYONE WHO BRINGS UP OUR QB QUANDRY AUTOMATICALLY GET'S BANNED (by me).

Per a league source, the deal that Bowman accepted includes less than $8 million in fully-guaranteed money, via a $7.5 million signing bonus and the balance of his $540,000 base salary for 2012. But the deal contains millions more in salary guaranteed for injury only, for now.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/27/bowman-gets-an-offer-he-cant-refuse/
Niners are rock solid top to bottom as an organization. Who knew it would get to this point so quickly? Hard to imagine just two years ago, us fans were questioning the validity of Trent Baalke as the new GM and we still hadn't found our coach or finalized the deal on a new stadium.

Now we have locked up another bonafide superstar for 5 years without ever having the threat of losing him to the competition. Unbelievable!
Originally posted by pdxredandgold:
Per a league source, the deal that Bowman accepted includes less than $8 million in fully-guaranteed money, via a $7.5 million signing bonus and the balance of his $540,000 base salary for 2012. But the deal contains millions more in salary guaranteed for injury only, for now.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/27/bowman-gets-an-offer-he-cant-refuse/

They basically insured the guy for injury but didn't pay him what he's worth...fair deal imo. If he's healthy and plays more than 5 years he'll break the bank then...but he won't be hurting no matter what happens to him. For the niners they locked up talent for 5 years...only risk is salary cap if he is hurt. Worth it.
Great job! Pat and Bo together for a long time. In other news, Running backs form the other 31 teams have decided to protest against the signing
HORRAY ! ! ! ! ! ! !
Originally posted by Jakemall:
They basically insured the guy for injury but didn't pay him what he's worth...fair deal imo. If he's healthy and plays more than 5 years he'll break the bank then...but he won't be hurting no matter what happens to him. For the niners they locked up talent for 5 years...only risk is salary cap if he is hurt. Worth it.

He could've got a lot more guaranteed money(not just in case of injury) on the open market. Paraag simply owned Rosenhaus in this deal.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

Originally posted by barako:
Originally posted by fryet:
I think he realized that there is a good chance that Bowman would not make the Pro Bowl this year. There are several very good MLB in the NFC. If Bowman does, the 49ers probably got a discount, but if he doesn't, Bowman may have gotten a better deal than at the end of the year.

Name a few that are playing better than Bowman? Daryl Washington is the only name that I can think of right now.

Bowman will be in the Pro Bowl this year. Book it.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

This needs to be bumped.

I applaud NaVorro Bowman for putting the team first. This really goes to show you how much these players enjoy playing here now. I love how Jed has made this a great organization in just a couple short years. Eddie must have good advice!

(Please update to title to spell NaVorro's name correctly, just a peeve...)
Originally posted by schmons:
can we give this badass group of linebackers a badass nickname now?

The Stick Patrol