LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

Williams and Hunter injuries open roster spots, who do the 49ers sign?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
yall still knocking Dixon huh ... every time he got the ball this year he has done well...he even got us some positive yards to set up a 3rd and short I believe, when he was called up after Hunter got hurt.

I think Dixon will do well...if anything, when ever he is asked to come in for Gore, at least he can help pass block or catch out of the back field. He has a good rapport with Colin...he does a good job sensing when Colin is going to run and quickly latches on to a defender in the area.

that all being said, I'm really really really going to miss Hunter I know some like him already, but I think some underestimate how important he is to our offense. He usually gets us out of funks with 10 yard runs here and there with great vision and toughness.
i think hunter is the most valuable player on our offense that no one talks about. he must be shy. Have you ever heard him to a interview? i hope he only misses a few weeks. i actually have more trust in dixon than i do in jacobs! dixon does not need to light up the world, he just needs to get positive yards, make a catch, make a block, spell gore and not fumble.. i am not rooting for him to fail,, however if he does fumble the ball or make mistakes, that may be the end of the line for him
Bleed49ers has a good point and one many of us have wondered about . Why bring Moss here if he isn't going to be used? OK, kyle is out, so let's see #84 in there for most plays. I doubt he's not in shape. Manningham is putting on a clinic for WRs on how to get open in bump and hold Ds. Mario is giving fakes off the LOS, fakes before his break, fakes after the catch...the whole enchilada. We could legitimately play mario and randy full time, along with Crbs, with Delanie and vernon as receivers #4 and #5. We got loads of talent there, in fact way more than we needed originally. Now we should use them. Sure, bring up AJ. Get him some plays in games not against SEA or PATs. Let him learn in gametime. But between frank, vernon, delanie, Crbs, mario and randy,, we got not just 3 go to receivers, we got 6. Now is the time to put them all to use, and that means a lot of PT for moss, mario, crabs, and delanie. Coach got burned in the Giants NFC playoff game with only one WR, and that was Crbs, with vernon as 2nd receiver. Crbs never got of LOS, and that left one receiver for alex the whole game, and that was vernon. Not hard to cover only 1 guy on pass routes. Coach endured that , got burned by it, and wah-lah, Moss and Mario show up for TC. Yes we lost kyle, but we are stacked for receivers. Before Coach had to split playing time. Playoffs are around the corner, and it is time to use all the guys listed above. Go into play offs with 6 top flite receivers. They can't all be doubled. This yrs NFC championship game is going to look completly different from last yrs. And we are going to win it...ALL.
i wished we still had chris owisu (sp)
they signed WR Chad Hall to the PS. Jenkins should see some action, hopefully at slot. With his speed he could force some match-up problems.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
i wished we still had chris owisu (sp)
and Times...er Tiems....er Tiames.....er Tymes...er forget it.
With two roster openings forthcoming, the 49ers are expected to activate running back Jewel Hampton from NFI/reserved list and to promote someone from their practice squad. That player likely will be linebacker Michael Wilhoite, who also played fullback in the offseason, or safety Michael Thomas. Both have special teams value.Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/11/hunter-suffered-achilles-tear-not-sprained-ankle.html#storylink=cpy
Really sucks Williams and Hunter (possibly Ginn) are out. But HELLOOOOOOO #1 and #2 picks!
  • cools
  • Veteran
I also think one of the moves will adding Jewal "Bowling Ball" Hampton to the 53, not that they need him, but to protect for next year
They signed Chad...maybe as a special teams player only? So he goes into the game and you bench Ginn till his hand is better?

For Hunter I think Brandon will be activated.
Hunter done for season, torn Achilles.

• DVDA
  • Veteran
I think there is a chance the 49ers are strongly considering a second kicker to push Akers.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I was so happy to hear about Bowman new contract! But losing Hunter for the year really really put me in the dumps. Huge loss imo.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PA49ersfan:
I was so happy to hear about Bowman new contract! But losing Hunter for the year really really put me in the dumps. Huge loss imo.

not totally directly related to this thread but IMHO the injuries to Hunter and Williams is exactly why Bowman's deal finalized yesterday as it serves as morale boost to offset the negativity of losing 2 productive playmakers.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by PA49ersfan:

not totally directly related to this thread but IMHO the injuries to Hunter and Williams is exactly why Bowman's deal finalized yesterday as it serves as morale boost to offset the negativity of losing 2 productive playmakers.

Or he may have signed it since he saw two quality players go down with major injuries in one freak play that may cost both a large chunk of money in the future and decided he didn't need to get paid a crazy amount, he just needed to get paid.
  • buck
  • Veteran
I have a question or two, well maybe more.

Jewel Hampton was on some type of IR before his activation.

Was he able to practice or take part in team activities during this time?

Was he eligible for the practice squad?

If he was, does his placement on the 53-man roster indicate that the coaching staff has a high level of confidence in his skill set

Share 49ersWebzone