LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 393 users in the forums

Williams and Hunter injuries open roster spots, who do the 49ers sign?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RogerCraig:
Originally posted by cciowa:
if they do not bring up james, this is dixons last shot. i just have a feeling somewhere he is going to cough up the ball please get better kendall

Dixon possess the required physicality, seems to lack in other aspects.

Dixon is easy to knock off his feet and lacks power for a big back.
personally, i am just sick kyle tore his ACL, and is gone for season. Time to bring up AJ. and do what Coach doesn't like...play rooks. Well let's hope he gets some balls in game other than PATS and SEA. The rest, we should be ok for a rook mistake. My guess is he will run a lot of routes and not see many balls. Also find out how he blocks. Still, kyle had turned into a helluva WR and he had speed. Well, AJ does too, but like jerry rice, it is with the ball, not in the 40 yd dash.
Give Jenkins a shot! wtf did we draft him for? Or LaMichael James...
The place we need LaMichael is not between tackles, but split wide of alex as the go to guy on 3rd down pass or lateral. One problem. LaMic has the fumbles. I sure hope he can catch a pass tho.
Cox is the backup returner. He was pretty good at OK state and in Denver.
Two words. One number. En Espanol. OchoCinco
yall still knocking Dixon huh ... every time he got the ball this year he has done well...he even got us some positive yards to set up a 3rd and short I believe, when he was called up after Hunter got hurt.

I think Dixon will do well...if anything, when ever he is asked to come in for Gore, at least he can help pass block or catch out of the back field. He has a good rapport with Colin...he does a good job sensing when Colin is going to run and quickly latches on to a defender in the area.

that all being said, I'm really really really going to miss Hunter I know some like him already, but I think some underestimate how important he is to our offense. He usually gets us out of funks with 10 yard runs here and there with great vision and toughness.
Hate the injury. Never thought I would actually be upset at Kyle Williams injury but he has earned back my respect. I'm excited to see Jenkins get the nod since he was very professional and kept his mouth shut until opportunity knocked. If James comes in and he and Kaep do that thunder speed stuff we saw in pre season, teams better watch out.
Some depth at OLB wouldn't hurt. We certainly don't need any more WRs in the 53. I'm sure plenty of the guys we had in preseason in that spot will be still available.
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN Source: 49ers will sign WR Chad Hall to practice squad today. No word yet on how they plan to fill roster spot after Kyle Williams' injury.

Originally posted by zomg_its_ryan:
Originally posted by Youngb:
Originally posted by zomg_its_ryan:
Jenkins better get the nod. He was a 1st round pick for christ sake!!!

Where he was drafted doesn't determine his playing time. If he's not ready, he's not ready. In Harbaugh I trust.

Then why pay him more money than the rest of the draft picks to just ride the pine??? Doesn't make sense to me.

THIS! Why draft him where they did, esp since he could have been gotten further down, if he can't play? First round picks should be born ready. Never seen such a scenario where your top 2 picks don't even suit up for their first season. If there was ever a reason to get this kid going, this is it, even if it's just for insurance.
Too bad it had to happen to Williams like that. The kid worked his butt off to this year to get that bad taste from last years NFCG out of his mouth. Wish him a speedy recovery, and if its official on this Chad Hall kid, then i guess we will be alright. We need Ginn to step up big, so far he shown nothing close to last year. We're gonna need some big returns from him, field position is crucial late in the season and playoffs so he gonna have to find himself quick.

In the meantime, maybe they need to give some minutes to Jenkins by bringing him up. But most importantly, they need to utilize Moss more in the passing game and run game. He can still make an impact if used properly. They way Moss is being used, reminds me of past players coming back to their old team, contribute alittle and then retire at halftime. So sad to see at times.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Ginn must be Hurt worse than we thought.

I didn't know Ginn was hurt That means or returning crew is really decimated ... Ginn, Williams, and Hunter

we still have Cox who is more than capable to do return duties (and by more than capable i mean he wont fux it ups)
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I know this might sound crazy, but why not give Aaron Curry a shot?

He's obviously got some talent, or he wouldn't have been drafted so high. Maybe Willis and Bowman can show him how it's done.

We've turned other people's trash into gold before. Brooks and Cox are both contributing at a high level....

while were at it i heard Jamarcus and ryan leaf are available.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 99problems:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Ginn must be Hurt worse than we thought.

I didn't know Ginn was hurt That means or returning crew is really decimated ... Ginn, Williams, and Hunter

we still have Cox who is more than capable to do return duties (and by more than capable i mean he wont fux it ups)
i started to over react yesterday(big shock) but a good poster reminded me we have cox as a back up punt returner to ginn. i was thinking they would activiate jenkins for wide out and return duties but with this signing of the hall guy, must mean they do not have trust in jenkins of course maybe jenkins and hall will battle it out in practice this week and the best guy will be activated sunday to be a wide out but more importantly be a kick return man to back up ginn or in case ginn gets hurt. i think the hall guy is a more than respectable return guy who I think it will work out ok. after ginn fumble, i think a fair catch is a plus for us
Share 49ersWebzone