There are 378 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mario Manningham coming on!

he needs the ball his way much more often.
In the first half Manningham was holding his hand after a play, wincing in pain. Anyone know about that?
Originally posted by ncninerfan:
In the first half Manningham was holding his hand after a play, wincing in pain. Anyone know about that?

Not the details of the injury, but it was after the catch that he got hit out of bound. Either got hit by the guy's helmet or landed on it.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
he needs the ball his way much more often.

Fully agree. Any way we can get the ball in his hands and let him use his moves in the open field I am all for it. Him and Crabtree have been really impressive in the open field. Both of their stats on the season don't do their play on the field justice. the YAC, downfield blocking, 3rd down conversions, tough catches, etc.

Originally posted by ncninerfan:

Yeah, I remember that. According to Maiocco he was held out a few plays but he came back in so he should be fine. Might be a little sore but he will play through it.
Wonder how he'd do fielding punts. He's so damn elusive.
Originally posted by pakalolo415:
He did get off yesterday. But there was one play I hated in the second half where instead of running straight and picking up the first down, he cut back towards the defender thinking he could shake him and ended up short. He's got that big play ability doe

True. He should have put his head down and gotten the first instead of dancing.

Also, it is inexcusable for him to run a route 1 yard short of the first down marker. He isn't a rookie. He should have driven the DB back far enough to be able to come back and get the first.

He is still showing why he was the #3 in New York. Nice, not great by any stretch. He is behind Crabtree and should be behind Jenkins or whoever else emerges as a true #1. A nice addition but not a threat by any means.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Wonder how he'd do fielding punts. He's so damn elusive.

I only see one return in his stats (05 back at michigan) for college and non in the NFL. Surprising he hasn't gotten a shot with the way he moves. If Ginn is gone I'd like to draft someone or maybe give Jenkins, James, Manningham, Hunter, Culliver, Cox or whoever else a shot at return man to compete with Williams in the offseason/pre-season.
Does he remind anyone of John Taylor (besides the obvious)?
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
ur face?

lol Mario Manningham is coming on...ur face
Mario, Crabtree, Jenkins, Williams are our future 4 IMO, as long as Crabtree wants to stay here. I truly believe Mario will stay past 2013.
I love these threads. Mario not getting enough targets, Vernon not, Moss needs more passes, where has crabtree been? Its downright funny. We are a running football team. This is not the team of Joe/Steve, Jerry John and Dwight. Its not. I dont care who is behind center, we are not going to throw for 400 yards on a week to week basis. We have a pile of talented pass catchers, no one seems to be a preferred target, its just how the plays are called and who gets open. I dont care if its Mario this week, Miller next, and then Crabs the week after that gets the big plays and scores. We run to set up the pass and any and all of our guys are targets and weapons determined by matchups. (Especially now that Walker has learned how to catch again)