There are 168 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Aldon Smith for Defensive player of the year award?

Aldon Smith for Defensive player of the year award?

I think he's a prime candidate for the award. Whacha guys think?
It's gonna be a hell of a race between him, Von Miller, and JJ Watt. It's going to take the rest of the year to resolve a true winner.
Yes IMHO fwiw tbph
Aldon has to win DPOY if he breaks the single-season sack record. Watt is having an incredible year though. 14.5 sacks as a 3-4 DE is unheard of, and he still has 5 more games left to play.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Aldon has to win DPOY if he breaks the single-season sack record. Watt is having an incredible year though. 14.5 sacks as a 3-4 DE is unheard of, and he still has 5 more games left to play.

Could come down to a sack race between him and Watt. Von Miller is in the hunt too.
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Could come down to a sack race between him and Watt. Von Miller is in the hunt too.

It's like McGuire-Sosa-Griffey all over again. s**t's exciting.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Yes IMHO fwiw tbph

This.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Yes IMHO fwiw tbph

This.

This. This.
I think if he gets the sack record, he'll win DPOY. Otherwise, it'll probably go to Watt or Von Miller.

He's coming on strong though. 11 sacks in his last 4 games. That's incredible.
[ Edited by TinyHandsBigHeart on Nov 26, 2012 at 12:47 AM ]
One thing that might keep him from getting it.....fundamentals:

Son, I was disappoint.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zillabeast:

Son, I was disappoint.

lo that gif was about the only positive thing to come out of that game for 'aints fans and Aldon still held on to him and didn't let him get away.
That f**ker is like 4' tall I don't blame aldon lol
if he gets the sack record he will be strongly considered but watt is on his tail he's a 3-4 de with 14.5 sacks bunch of tackles qb hits and pressures an int for td and heres the kicker he has 13 pass defensed thats more than alot of cb
Originally posted by zillabeast:

Son, I was disappoint.

holy s**t he's huge compared to sproles.
Aldon Smith is peaking. JJ Watt has had lots of ink. Von Miller is a beast. Neck and neck down the stretch.