LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

QB decision effect on locker Room

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by taney71:
The VD quote from last week about "handcuffs" was about the TE being the first read in the play progression, not that Kaep was in and the team was passing more. This is the problem with people who only watched football and never played it.

There were plays yesterday, where VD was the first read. VD got shot out again. Don't know if that and the fact DW was the top receiver with the most yards had an effect in him saying AS is still the man after the game... just saying...
Why do peolpe here have doughts about the decision harbaugh is making if it wasn't for him our team would be lost .what ever our coaches decide letd support him . Im loving it that smith is not playing . It dont take 8 years to learn to trow the ball . Alex smith always sucks and always will
Originally posted by Dirty9er:
WHOOMP There it is! Alex Smith did not lose his job because of an injury... JH inserted HIS guy when an opportunity presented itself! JH has a plan and a vision and CK is part of that plan and vision. JH is awesome for making AS look like a starter and Smith (while his feelings may be hurt) most likely knows it. I couldn't be happier that the age of the "game manager" seems to have finally come to an end and the age of the contributor or "game breaker" has seemingly started.

Dirty

Depends. Ofc Harb wants to see how far along CK is and the concussion was the perfect opportunity to do so. Now that he has enough data and now AS is healthy and wants to play again, he has a huge decision, his biggest since becoming the 49er HC, to make on who should be the starting QB here on. It will impact the rest of this season, next season and the future of the team.
[ Edited by HOF49er on Nov 26, 2012 at 7:30 AM ]
You honestly think he's gonna lose the locker room for benching Smith? lol

Every player on this team knows who's holding this team back.
[ Edited by zomg_its_ryan on Nov 26, 2012 at 8:43 AM ]
Originally posted by HOF49er:
Originally posted by Dirty9er:
WHOOMP There it is! Alex Smith did not lose his job because of an injury... JH inserted HIS guy when an opportunity presented itself! JH has a plan and a vision and CK is part of that plan and vision. JH is awesome for making AS look like a starter and Smith (while his feelings may be hurt) most likely knows it. I couldn't be happier that the age of the "game manager" seems to have finally come to an end and the age of the contributor or "game breaker" has seemingly started.

Dirty

Depends. Ofc Harb wants to see how far along CK is and the concussion was the perfect opportunity to do so. Now that he has enough data and now AS is healthy and wants to play again, he has a huge decision, his biggest since becoming the 49er HC, to make on who should be the starting QB here on. It will impact the rest of this season, next season and the future of the team.

I agree there is a certain "gamble" here but JH has been fantastic at strategy on the field, on game planning (all the mental aspects) before the game, and on personnel matters. He handled AS perfectly - he gave him confidence and a "real" chance to develop and he actually turned the conversation from all time BUST to "game manager" JH is a frick'n wizard of the 3 card Monte sort. JH went after Manning and moved up to get CK,,, JH knew what this team was missing and got us a QB - and because of his moves I am overflowing with pride in this complete team... I don't trust easy,,, but man do I trust JH!

Dirty
This has just become yet another qb discussion thread and very little about the thread title. Please it to the qb thread.
Share 49ersWebzone