There are 123 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who should be the 49ers QB for the rest of the year?

Originally posted by kray28:
No one has seen the potential dark side of going with Kaep yet.

Take away the two pick sixes today...you get 17 points scores as a direct result of our offense. NO scored 21.

That's not say that Kap couldn't have scored more, but there were more than a few miscues out there today...and it's being papered over by the euphoria of the win.

In fairness, I can't it would have been better with Alex, but I think some of the mistakes you saw out there would not have been made.

Take away Ginn's fumble when he should have called safe catch and you have a 17-14 win.

As for miscues - play clokc was a factor, but II'd notice that the snap to Kaep seemed low a lot of times and he was stooping to pick it up.
Scott The Dream Tolzien
the tatood one... Kaep
Still prefer Alex, but won't really complain if we keep winning one way or the other.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Still prefer Alex, but won't really complain if we keep winning one way or the other.

I prefer Alex, too. But, if Alex isn't coming back next year, why not just do the inevitable and just name Kap the starter now and moving foward.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 26, 2012 at 5:54 AM ]

It's a mystery, we will know for sure when we see who starts vs the Rams this Sunday.
Originally posted by mayo49:

I prefer Alex, too. But, if Alex isn't coming back next year, why not just do the inevitable and just name Kap the starter now and moving foward.

Just think we are in SB run right now, and feel Alex's experience gives us a better chance to get ring # 6 this season. If we were a struggling 4-7 team with an inefficient offense and a dynamic rookie? Then sure... go ahead and give the youngling the season's workload. But... that's not us.
as much as i think alex should be there we are better with kap now understand there will be less completion pct but thats due to kap pushing the ball down field and taking chances i think kap has almost as many deep completions in 2 games than alex has all year kap is an athlete bottom line extends plays and ACTUALLY SURVEYS THE FIELD before checking down if he checks down i just feel like he gives the recievers a chance i mean if he puts that ball on the back pilon moss has a td but he will work on that.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Just think we are in SB run right now, and feel Alex's experience gives us a better chance to get ring # 6 this season. If we were a struggling 4-7 team with an inefficient offense and a dynamic rookie? Then sure... go ahead and give the youngling the season's workload. But... that's not us.

Either way, it's a great problem to have, huh?
Either way, it's a great problem to have, huh?

Yeah.. it really is. Still some lingering sadness, as to a QB getting "benched" after playing well and then suffering a concussion.

But to be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if Alex starts next week and the rest of the year. And if that doesn't happen? Then whateverz... just keep winning.
Alex is too conservative with the ball and is afraid to throw into tight coverage while Kaep is not afraid to throw it down the field and has a much stronger arm than Alex. When Alex gets out of the pocket he is looking for a place to run to the sideline or throw it away while if you watch Kaep coming out of the pocket he is looking down field for a receiver. Kaep is much better at running the option play and his ability to run with the ball leaves the defense with problems. Alex is too vanilla and Kaep keeps the defense wondering what he is going to do next. The team seems to respond to Kaep better that Alex.
"The Kapp-attack" gives our offense the much needed big play threat. This, the opposing defense MUST respect!!! in which gives our O the chance to run Gore a lot more effectively, sets up the play action, and defenses HAVE to account for Kapps ability to take one to the house himself!!! Gentlemen we have ourselves a QB!
Originally posted by rudedog:
Alex is too conservative with the ball and is afraid to throw into tight coverage while Kaep is not afraid to throw it down the field and has a much stronger arm than Alex. When Alex gets out of the pocket he is looking for a place to run to the sideline or throw it away while if you watch Kaep coming out of the pocket he is looking down field for a receiver. Kaep is much better at running the option play and his ability to run with the ball leaves the defense with problems. Alex is too vanilla and Kaep keeps the defense wondering what he is going to do next. The team seems to respond to Kaep better that Alex.

rudedog..you bring up a very good point in saying this team responds better to Kaep...It looks to me that the defense gets fired up when this kid is playing!!
After the game, with no catches, VD said Alex Smith is still the man. VD knows if he was hurt and DW had to take over his spot and does well, he wouldn't like it if once he's healthy, DW still gets the majority of looks in offense... Just saying lol he thought his handcuffs were off rofl!!!
[ Edited by HOF49er on Nov 26, 2012 at 7:07 AM ]
Originally posted by rudedog:
THIS ^ perfectly stated