There are 136 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who should be the 49ers QB for the rest of the year?

Who should be the 49ers QB for the rest of the year?

• buck
  • Veteran
Harbaugh

has the vote

that counts.

I will go for his vote.
CK should start next week. That's all I know at this point.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Ben Roethlesberger and Tom Brady won their first superbowls in their second season so I see no reason why Kap should have a chance to dominate the playoffs.

Kurt Warner too during his first real shot at playing
  • dqh01
  • Veteran
It's a no brainer! Kaep is going to light up those pretender Rams! Alex is just goin to sit in the pocket, take sacks and rely on the defense to bail him out. I can guarantee one thing..there won't be a tie this time when we beat the living crap out of them in their own stadium with CK7 unleashed on them.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Ben Roethlesberger and Tom Brady won their first superbowls in their second season so I see no reason why Kap should have a chance to dominate the playoffs.

Ben started the whole season and Tom came in at game 3. They had pretty much an entire season to get acclamated to the game. Tom went through his struggles with a couple of games, posting passer ratings of 79 and 58. Ben had pretty much played the most of the previous season and had experienced that big game experince losing out in the playoffs the previous season.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not debating Kaepernick's ability with you. I am very impressed with him. I just don't want those young qb mistakes to show up at the wrong time.

You bring up a good point with Ben but even if Tom had from week 3 to begin with, playoffs is a whole different story. Intense atmosphere and youre not going against teams like the browns in the playoffs. He also had the game winning drive against a heavily favored Rams team.

I hope your right bro if Kaep is our guy for the rest of the season.
No one has seen the potential dark side of going with Kaep yet.

Take away the two pick sixes today...you get 17 points scores as a direct result of our offense. NO scored 21.

That's not say that Kap couldn't have scored more, but there were more than a few miscues out there today...and it's being papered over by the euphoria of the win.

In fairness, I can't it would have been better with Alex, but I think some of the mistakes you saw out there would not have been made.
Kaepernick has already won a tough game at home and came out with a W in a very difficult environment to play in. Keep him the starter. I feel bad for Alex, but it's going to happen sooner or later.
Bears defense doesn't match up well with us. On offense, they were missing Cutler, which makes a world of difference for them.

You already read the caveats for the Saints game. Probably his most impressive drive was the long posession that spanned the third and fourth quarters. It's also the possession he capped off by almost throwing a pick in the endzone. He may have run the clock out a bit, and converted three third downs in the process...but he still ended up getting us only three points to show for it.

Next is also on the road against the Rams...we'll see how he does there.
Kaep will likely be the guy.
kaepernicks time will come, its just not right now.....he needs more time to mature. Alex Smith gives this team the best chance to win THIS YEAR. I hope i am wrong but it looks like Alex's time is up in harbaugh's eyes
I feel coach and staff have got enough live action to see what Kapp can do and can go to him during games that we need another weapon. Alex is tried, true and proven.
Once we go Kaep, we should never go back
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
If your not going to bring back Alex next year, why delay the inevitable. Start Kap now and going foward.
me
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mkmasn:
me