There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Corners

If anyone thought we had "elite" corners, they were mistaken. Last year was Rogers' career year. But, I'm glad we have Brown and Rogers with Cully playing in Nickel. It's an above average unit and good enough. For the most part, they play well. This was the high powered Saints with one of the best QBs in the league, and although they gave up some big plays, they came through when they had to. Don't take it for granted.
Originally posted by sacniner:
If anyone thought we had "elite" corners, they were mistaken. Last year was Rogers' career year. But, I'm glad we have Brown and Rogers with Cully playing in Nickel. It's an above average unit and good enough. For the most part, they play well. This was the high powered Saints with one of the best QBs in the league, and although they gave up some big plays, they came through when they had to. Don't take it for granted.

Agree. They didn't play the best game, but made the plays when they needed too!
  • Ether
  • Veteran
ITT OP mistakes interceptions for good DB play. Honest mistake, OP.
Another thing worth considering is that we don't have a weak sister in our CB stable that teams can single out and pick on. Those of you that remember Darryl Pollard will know what I mean.
Originally posted by JCStormbringer:
Brees is a great QB besides they made some incredible catches. I am not worried, I am just happy the pressure is back.

this
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Really disappointed with our corners lately. Not sure what the solution is, but Rogers has really regressed. Brown & Cully didn't play well today either.

I think we package a few of our extra picks and move up to get a future shutdown cornor. Rogers is good and Brown/culliver will be ok, and Cox is pretty good but we need a guy that can cover the really shifty guy or the big physical guy. We seem to do well against the average wideouts in the league one on one but the top tier guys that are big and physical or shifty/speedy guys we struggle.
we lack a true number one corner but have alot of no 2 + type of guys. ill take it and any of our guys would start on alomost every team