There are 223 users in the forums

Corners

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Really disappointed with our corners lately. Not sure what the solution is, but Rogers has really regressed. Brown & Cully didn't play well today either.
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Really disappointed with our corners lately. Not sure what the solution is, but Rogers has really regressed. Brown & Cully didn't play well today either.

Yeah they could have played better but the D still only gave up 21 points to New Orleans in their building. And lets not forget

Ginn fumbled deep in our own territory which lead directly to a touchdown. I would say that's pretty good damn defense y'all.
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:

Yeah they could have played better but the D still only gave up 21 points to New Orleans in their building. And lets not forget

Ginn fumbled deep in our own territory which lead directly to a touchdown. I would say that's pretty good damn defense y'all.

Yea that's a good point. But I think the PI calls & those that should've been called are concerning.
Brees is a great QB besides they made some incredible catches. I am not worried, I am just happy the pressure is back.
I am amazed at the lack of football knowledge on this site. Our corners are playing great. Passes are going to be completed. We held Brees to 260 yards. Stop complaining. It is ridiculous.
They played fine today. Didn't allow Brees to beat them down the field too much. Unless we face Rodgers in the playoffs in Lambeau, the D faced its toughest passing test this year.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
I am amazed at the lack of football knowledge on this site. Our corners are playing great. Passes are going to be completed. We held Brees to 260 yards. Stop complaining. It is ridiculous.

Too many PI calls today. Coverage wasnt as steller as usual.
Yea that's a good point. But I think the PI calls & those that should've been called are concerning.

The ones that should have been called? Which ones were those? Rodgers looked back and made play on ball. Good no call. T Brown just had his hand on his back. Another good no call.
A lot of those "non-calls" were just great defensive plays. I think I saw one that should've been pass interference. All others were just great, hard-hitting defense that the Saints players are not used to seeing.
If you can hold Drew Brees down under 300 yards passing for a game, you've done pretty well. Once the pass rush came alive, it made the secondary's job that much easier.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
If you can hold Drew Brees down under 300 yards passing for a game, you've done pretty well. Once the pass rush came alive, it made the secondary's job that much easier.

But he did throw 5 TD passes?

Originally posted by Schulzy:
They played fine today. Didn't allow Brees to beat them down the field too much. Unless we face Rodgers in the playoffs in Lambeau, the D faced its toughest passing test this year.

We still have to feast on brady, but you're probably right.
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
But he did throw 5 TD passes?

It was the frickin' Saints. Brees had already thrown for over 3000 yards so far this year entering today's game.

All things considered I thought the SF DBs played fairly well.
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
A lot of those "non-calls" were just great defensive plays. I think I saw one that should've been pass interference. All others were just great, hard-hitting defense that the Saints players are not used to seeing.

Yeah, the two late game non-calls were only an issue because football's worst announcing crew, Aikman and Buck, inflated the closeness of the calls from the booth.

The Moss non-call was a mugging, though.
Share 49ersWebzone