There are 249 users in the forums

Boone to Center in 2013?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by VA49er:
That's crazy talk. I don't think Boone is the kind of player who can switch positions on the line very easy.

Well I dont think he ever played guard before this season.
The dude is good. He was a 1st round talent at tackle but went undrafted because of character concerns and alcoholism.

Yes. I am aware.
Originally posted by PTulini:
I bet it will be Kilgore or Looney at C in 2013.

Probably. Can Looney play C? Did he play C in HS or anything?

Goodwin ain't worth $5m next year when we got 13 draft picks
rather make kilgore the future center and keep boone at rg
I like Boone at RG. Davis can be a little streaky at RT and Boone compliments him well. I like having a vet out there on the right side.

If someone gets trough the middle, Gore will floor them. Briggs found out the hard way that Frank can block.
[ Edited by strickac on Nov 24, 2012 at 8:06 PM ]
lets not and say we did.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Originally posted by PTulini:
I bet it will be Kilgore or Looney at C in 2013.

I wouldn't be mad.
Originally posted by niner4life21:
rather make kilgore the future center and keep boone at rg

Kilgore is being groomed for C right now so that would make the most sense, unless he completely sucks next year.

I also like the way Boone is playing RG right now. So it's hard to argue for him to make a move.
Not another nick bradley thread
This would be a dumb idea. Because Boone is playing great and will only get better as he plays there more. You move him and he has to learn to assimnilate another position. In addition you have to bring in another person who would be an unknown commodity at guard. On top of that Anthony Davis seems to be having his best season. Ithink that it is not only because this is his third year, but he and Boon have gelled well on that side of the line, so it would also affect a third position. Better to get a replacement through the draft or someone else if your reasoning is to let go of Goodwin because of cap space. Let Kilgore and Looney battle for it along with another draft pick.
I think they move Boone to QB to push Kap

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Keep Boone where he is.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
I would love if our tackles and guards are kept together to jell even more; and with a 1st or 2nd round true center to handle those duties

I tend to think that we should draft a center in 2013, but doing so depends in great part on the development of Daniel Kilgore.

Right now, Kilgore is listed as the backup center. My best guess is that Harbaugh and company think he is the future at center--maybe even a true center.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Not another nick bradley thread

What's your problem?
Originally posted by nickbradley:

Looney played center in the Senior Bowl
Originally posted by 60sfan:
Originally posted by nickbradley:

Looney played center in the Senior Bowl

I believe Looney was injured (torn foot ligament) during the first Senior Bowl practice.

Personally, I'd like to see Kilgore eventually take-over at OC
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Nov 25, 2012 at 8:09 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone