LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 364 users in the forums

Boone to Center in 2013?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
NO!!! The Chemistry between Boone and Davis is outstanding, one of the best in the league. If we want a center, draft a center or move Looney. Who knows, Kilgore might still work out.

Boone has All-pro potential at guard.
That's crazy talk. I don't think Boone is the kind of player who can switch positions on the line very easy.
No. Not with the way Boone is playing at guard. Don't change what's working. Kilgore and Looney are in line to replace Goodwin whenever he's done. They will compete to be the next center, but we'll see how much longer Goodwin is here.
Originally posted by VA49er:
That's crazy talk. I don't think Boone is the kind of player who can switch positions on the line very easy.

Well I dont think he ever played guard before this season.
The dude is good. He was a 1st round talent at tackle but went undrafted because of character concerns and alcoholism.
Keep in mind that I'm nit proposing this idea. I'm relaying it. I don't live in that bay area and listen to sports radio there
The idea is that kaepernick takes a higher snap, so he can have a taller C. In addition, a big man that can get low is basically unstoppable. Boone does that.
If its not broke why fix it.

Why move a player who may be athletic enough to play tackle to center.

Why make a move to break 2 players into new roles as opposed to just one at center when we part ways with Goodwin.

If it not broke dont fix
a 6-8 Center. no thanks
Looney played center in the Senior Bowl
Boone was an undrafted project that is looking like a pro bowl guard in his first year as a starter. I wouldn't do anything to mess witht that.

• GORO
  • Veteran
That is an interesting move. Boone has played solid at Guard and it would probably Looney or Kilgore to fight for the center job.
This is asinine. Boone has done a great job at guard, he's pretty much a lock at his spot for the next few years along with Iupati. Staley and Davis are entrenched at tackle and the coaches seem to favor Kilgore to be the guy to take over at center. Not sure why people are trying to reinvent the wheel. Looney is pretty affordable and could be used as solid depth/injury replacement as well as a potential replacement for Iupati(I hope this never happens) should they be unable to re-sign him for whatever reason.
Originally posted by VA49er:

Not sure if serious. Dude played tackle all his life, shifted to guard this season and has made it look damn easy. That said, he's got no reason to move to center whatsoever.
I bet it will be Kilgore or Looney at C in 2013.
Originally posted by PTulini:
I bet it will be Kilgore or Looney at C in 2013.

Share 49ersWebzone