There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Harbaugh - King of the Mind Games

Thread is only complete if read while listening to Head Games:

I've gone through a myriad of emotions this week over the starting qb decision haha. On Wednesday when I heard Kaepernick is starting I was pretty upset, because Alex has been playing well this year. Ever since then I've been excited to see Kaepernick start, and after rewatching the game a couple times I'll actually be disappointed if he doesn't start. Now I'm to the point where I just get the feeling Harbaugh is trolling everyone and will start Alex just because of the media frenzy going on.
[ Edited by Disp on Nov 23, 2012 at 9:12 PM ]
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Thread is only complete if read while listening to Head Games:

Good Call!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KutXyPEEbQs

On Sunday's I'm not in Service

My QB decisions making teams nervous
Originally posted by Afrikan:
if you think about it....what would the benefit be of trying to get the Saints to gameplan for both QBs, JUST to start Colin? No offense, but I think its easier to gameplan for Alex (because of film and his approach) compared to Colin who is willing to throw it all over the place and can run right past you if you don't pay attention.

Actually, other than the "unknown" factor with Colin, Alex being in there makes things more complicated, gameplan-wise. With Alex, you can expect the full playbook, including all the exotic packages. (Being fair to Kaep though, it didn't seem like we limited the offense much against the Bears).

In addition, Alex is said to be harder to fool than Kaepernick. You can throw exotic looks against Kaepernick and hope to fool him, given that he's a second-year QB, but not so much Alex.

Now, of course, that's just the gameplanning part. Because of Kaepernick's physical tools, you have to have a different problem as a defense. You have to play more disciplined, because Kaepernick is more along the lines of a playmaker and will make plays with his feet, and gun throws in with his powerful arm.
what i love about Harbaugh is that he just doesn't give a f*ck about the media. Funny how all the beat writers plus the others are criticize Jim when all Jim tries to do is to win the 6th ring. Even Kawakami says how unfair was that Smith is no longer starting but if we would lose again the conference champ game with Smith he would be the first to say that it was a mistake trusting Smith again
[ Edited by hungarian9erfan on Nov 24, 2012 at 12:12 AM ]
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
what i love about Harbaugh is that he just doesn't give a f*ck about the media. Funny how all the beat writers plsu the others are criticing Jim when all Jim tries to do is to win the 6th ring. Even Kawakami says how unfair was that Smith is no longer starting but if we would lose again the conference champ game with Smith he would be the first to say that it was a mistake trusting Smith again

Jim Harbaugh will tell you what he thinks only a few times and if you do no understand him then that's your problem I respect that. Trying to explain over and over again to people who refuse to listen is a waste of time.
  • jdean
  • Veteran
Originally posted by redrazer45:
SMITH will start ! Kap will finish ! We Win !

Kap will start! Smith will finish! We win!
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
mental cum gobble gobble

that's straight weird.
Originally posted by jdean:

Kaep will start! Kaep will finish! We win!!!!!!
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by jdean:

Kaep will start! Kaep will finish! We win!!!!!!

I don't give a damn who starts. Just win dammit.
Originally posted by THEB:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
I understand it perfectly well. When that first tweet leaked about Kaep starting, this place went ga-ga. All the while Alex wasn't even medically cleared. That's what I'm talking about. I understand the word gullible - do you?

Gullible is believing something thats obviously false. I dont see how debating whether one or the other QB will start is believing something thats obviously false.

Now if i said "David Carr is starting vs NO on sunday" and someone believed me, that would be gullibility. Believing your starting QB who has a concussion may start onces hes medically cleared to play is not by any means gullible.

I never said this ^^ Face palm. You still got it wrong. That first tweet stated that Kaep starting vs the Saints, had nothing to do with Alex's health. Half the the Zone took the bate. NOW do you understand?
Earlier this month, Harbaugh was told some of the Rams considered the 49ers a model franchise. Did that mean something to the coach?

"Not really," Harbaugh said. "We'd rather probably just try to kick them in the shins when people are saying things like that."

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/11/24/harbaugh-tries-killing-the-saints-sweetly/

check out the rest....Saints reporters asked him a question about our great defense, and Harbaugh just straight flipped that biiiiitch on them....not once but twice when they tried to rephrase it....lol
bump

Taylor Price ‏@TaylorPrice49 No lineup changes announced for the #49ers. QB situation just got even more interesting. #staytuned
[ Edited by jreff22 on Nov 25, 2012 at 12:08 PM ]
Originally posted by jreff22:
bump

Taylor Price ‏@TaylorPrice49 No lineup changes announced for the #49ers. QB situation just got even more interesting. #staytuned