There are 60 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Harbaugh - King of the Mind Games

Originally posted by THEB:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Half of Niner Talk are just as gullible as the Media. LOL

We're gullible because we're speculating on who will start when both have an equal chance? not sure if you understand the word gullible.

I understand it perfectly well. When that first tweet leaked about Kaep starting, this place went ga-ga. All the while Alex wasn't even medically cleared. That's what I'm talking about. I understand the word gullible - do you?

We're gullible because we're speculating on who will start when both have an equal chance? not sure if you understand the word gullible.

I understand it perfectly well. When that first tweet leaked about Kaep starting, this place went ga-ga. All the while Alex wasn't even medically cleared. That's what I'm talking about. I understand the word gullible - do you?

Just wait until tomorrow when Harbaugh announces Kaep will take over placekicker duties.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Just wait until tomorrow when Harbaugh announces Kaep will take over placekicker duties.

LOL
  • THEB
  • Veteran

Gullible is believing something thats obviously false. I dont see how debating whether one or the other QB will start is believing something thats obviously false.

Now if i said "David Carr is starting vs NO on sunday" and someone believed me, that would be gullibility. Believing your starting QB who has a concussion may start onces hes medically cleared to play is not by any means gullible.
Not buying the mind game deal here. Jim knows, sure he's communicated it to AS And CK, irrespective of Trotters report. And the Saints are prepping for both, even with a third string coach.

We'll see come Sunday. But, this is definitely a make or break decision and it doesn't even need to be this way. Smith hands down. Entertain Kap in the offseason. Look what the wildKap did this year - disrupt the offensive flow.
Originally posted by 60sfan:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
I don't think so. Kaep starts and if he finishes the game with a victory on the road in a hostile environment, he will be the man moving forward.

This. If Kaep shows he can handle this hostile environment, he's the man from now on. If he doesn't, they can go back to Smith. Smith may be the mentally toughest quarterback in the NFL. He would gladly take the reins back and not miss a beat. This is a window of opportunity that Harbaugh cannot let go by without this move. I am glad he is fearless. This is a smart move.

Not that I think the 49ers with Smith as the starter in NO will win easily, but that game is a must win if the 49ers want to be in total control of the division and have an edge in the playoff race.
Originally posted by antdogg49:
Originally posted by calbear:
I think Harbaugh is intentionally playing with the media and fanning the rumors of Kap starting so that he can surprise the Saints at the very last second with Smith. There is no football reason why Kap should take the starting role away from Smith at this point.

exactly what ive ben saying Smith will kill these AINTS once again...

This is becoming somewhat cult-like; it's rather delusional and a bit frightening.
when trying to figure out Harbaugh...don't!

step back, ignore everything he is telling you.....and pretend you never heard anything from him the past two weeks.

so now...lets look at everything as if we have a different HC...and we're just looking at the situation...game by game.

Alex is hurt. Not Cleared yet. Forced to start Backup QB. Backup plays GREAT against top defense....thanks Colin for coming through.

Alex is looking fine now.....most likely is going to get cleared. Will resume starting position.

BUT HARBAUGH I THOUGHT HOT HAND? GAME BY GAME Switching! Anything can happen right?

[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 23, 2012 at 7:44 PM ]
the only reason I say this is because I've been fooled by him before...and its like well duh WTF did I over think that sh1t for.

if you think about it....what would the benefit be of trying to get the Saints to gameplan for both QBs, JUST to start Colin? No offense, but I think its easier to gameplan for Alex (because of film and his approach) compared to Colin who is willing to throw it all over the place and can run right past you if you don't pay attention.

anyway, after the previous game I'm even more confident that Colin is the future, and could step in right now if we needed him and our team would do well. But Harbaugh has alot more responsibilities than I do......if Colin does start and starts for the rest of the year, that means they were planning on this for a while now.

Harbaugh is not going switch QB just because of the hot hand stuff.....he is BSing there.
Harbaugh said there is about a 1% advantage in keeping the other team guessing. Fine, whatever makes sense at this point.

If the 49ers win the game on Sunday, all this talk and confusing the opposition and playing with the media,etc. will look great. The 49ers lose, then this will look really foolish and immature. These pre-game games only take you so far.
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Harbaugh said there is about a 1% advantage in keeping the other team guessing. Fine, whatever makes sense at this point.

If the 49ers win the game on Sunday, all this talk and confusing the opposition and playing with the media,etc. will look great. The 49ers lose, then this will look really foolish and immature. These pre-game games only take you so far.

like Jim said in today's press conference, he doesn't care... make fun of him. In his mind as long as he did everything he could've to have an advantage of winning is what's important to him....and he tries to get his players to feel the same way, DO EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO WIN.

he is not playing games with his players...I believe Alex said this before about behind the scenes. Harbaugh gives it to you straight. So I'm sure all the players knew what the deal was this whole week. Probably why some are joking around like Iupati regarding Tolzien starting.

He wants to WIN WIN WIN at all cost.

...so yeah that 1% is enough for him.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 23, 2012 at 8:31 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersking:

Yeah coaches aren't as gullible as fans and the media, and above anything else they're preparing for the formation and plays we're going to be throwing at them. With Kap you have to be more disciplined in your lanes, but the offense isn't drastically different.

I don't think Chicago was fooled by us. They played Kap the same way every other coordinator would have played him. Force him to beat you with his arm. He did, and we won handily.

Still do what you got to do to get any advantage.
Jimbo can play mind games all he wants as long as our players are treated fairly and honestly.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
like Jim said in today's press conference, he doesn't care... make fun of him. In his mind as long as he did everything he could've to have an advantage of winning is what's important to him....and he tries to get his players to feel the same way, DO EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO WIN.

he is not playing games with his players...I believe Alex said this before about behind the scenes. Harbaugh gives it to you straight. So I'm sure all the players knew what the deal was this whole week. Probably why some are joking around like Iupati regarding Tolzien starting.

He wants to WIN WIN WIN at all cost.

...so yeah that 1% is enough for him.

Great post.

He doesn't give a s**t if it doesn't work, he's going to try anyway. Anything to gain an advantage.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home