LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

49ers add S Eddie Whitley to P-Squad

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://blog.49ers.com/2012/11/20/49ers-add-s-whitley-to-practice-squad/

Former Virginia Tech Safety. I liked him a lot, and thought about him in the 2012 draft
Wow, this is just getting posted now? yikes lol
CHAMPIONSHIP
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
CHAMPIONSHIP

This! At least we added a guy I wanted us to draft, even if he never sniffs the field lol.
is he filling an open spot or did we drop someone
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYS49er:
is he filling an open spot or did we drop someone

Masifilo was signed off our practice squad
Might as well hand over the Lombardi since now
Last piece of the puzzle
this spells the end of Goldson...
Replacement for Matt Masifilo who Tampa Bay signed to their 53 man roster. Don't know anything about him but if he is here in the offseason he will have a chance at the roster with guys like McBath, Michael Thomas and Trent Robinson as the backup S's. The only S behind Goldson and Whitner guaranteed a job is Spillman. Maybe Robinson. I think if Ricardo Lockette is around as well he will have a shot as 5th or 6th WR if guys like Ginn and Moss are gone. I think Mike Wilhoite of all the practice squadders might have the best shot at the roster if Grant or Gooden leave in FA.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 21, 2012 at 9:12 AM ]

Originally posted by Gore_21:
Replacement for Matt Masifilo who Tampa Bay signed to their 53 man roster. Don't know anything about him but if he is here in the offseason he will have a chance at the roster with guys like McBath, Michael Thomas and Trent Robinson as the backup S's. The only S behind Goldson and Whitner guaranteed a job is Spillman. Maybe Robinson. I think if Ricardo Lockette is around as well he will have a shot as 5th or 6th WR if guys like Ginn and Moss are gone. I think Mike Wilhoite of all the practice squadders might have the best shot at the roster if Grant or Gooden leave in FA.

Also remember we have Michael Thomas, former Stanford Safety on the p-squad, so if he lasts he will be given a shot at 53 man next year.

We also have Tony Jerod-Eddie, but I agree with Wilhoite, he seems likely for 53 man if Grant or Gooden leaves.

Edit: nvm, you did mention Thomas, I need to read better, lol.
[ Edited by AB83Rules on Nov 21, 2012 at 11:36 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
the missing piece
  • cools
  • Veteran
I picked him in the 5th in my Niner mock draft, smart ball hawk type, needs to get bigger/stronger though

He may push McBath/Robinson next offseason for a spot, good potential

We have some pretty good talent on D' with our PS
Jerod-Eddie, Johnson and Whitney
well if we lose Goldson in the offseason we now have:

FS Robinson, McBath, Michael Thomas and Whitley

SS Whitner Spillman
[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Nov 24, 2012 at 9:51 AM ]
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
CHAMPIONSHIP

Oh yeah
Share 49ersWebzone