LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 252 users in the forums

QB "controversy", Harbaugh has his cake and eats it too.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by UKNiners:
Probably not going to happen (the trade part) but I've been saying that the best thing to do might be to trade him. Smith has proven he can run Harbaughs offense. Proven vs. unproven. Why not pick up some extra picks?

I like Smith, and have bought full into the "redemption, underdog story" so I still have hopes for him to win it all this year.

That being said, there is no reason at all to dump Kaepernick just as he is starting to mature for "a couple of picks".

Smith has provent o be a capable to good QB for a year and a half. His entire career up until Harbaugh was marred by inconsistency and bad decisions, and he is still not a very dynamic QB to build an offense around.

Why Trade either one?? Kaep makes no money and Smith is pretty cheap for a starter. If Kaep moves into the role and becomes a star, Smith can move on after next year, but they aren't gonna dump either and have Tolzien as the #2 so they can pick up an extra 2nd round pick form someone.
Originally posted by bigmur49:
I like Smith, and have bought full into the "redemption, underdog story" so I still have hopes for him to win it all this year.

That being said, there is no reason at all to dump Kaepernick just as he is starting to mature for "a couple of picks".

Smith has provent o be a capable to good QB for a year and a half. His entire career up until Harbaugh was marred by inconsistency and bad decisions, and he is still not a very dynamic QB to build an offense around.

Why Trade either one?? Kaep makes no money and Smith is pretty cheap for a starter. If Kaep moves into the role and becomes a star, Smith can move on after next year, but they aren't gonna dump either and have Tolzien as the #2 so they can pick up an extra 2nd round pick form someone.

Most likely the case. And seeing how our 1st and 2nd round picks won't get on the field this year, probably not a thought of management anyhow.

Winning solves all. And if it continues after the Smith years, than if course ill warm up to CK. the hype though needs to simmer down. Who holds the record in Green Bay for most passing yards in a game? Not Starr. Not Favrs. Not Rodgers. Flynn. And we saw it win Kolb too.
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by VA49er:
The best case scenario is that Smith does win the SB. He becomes our QB for the next few years and gets a couple more because some team gives up the farm for Kaepernick. From a pure business stanpoint, if all things are "equal" you deal Kaepernick because the market will be so inflated for him.

its not gonna happen

You mean like Matt Flynn or Matt Cassell?
[ Edited by Jakemall on Nov 21, 2012 at 9:49 AM ]
He just wants to keep the Saints guessing on who it will be.
Share 49ersWebzone