There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Official Aldon Smith's High Speed Car Chase to the Sack Record

So he needs 6.5 more sacks to beat the record? I think that's doable! Rams, Dolphins, Pats, Seahawks, and Cards left. Very doable
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:

He's got 29 and the chase for the record is on!

He now has 30.5 sacks in his first two years. He is in second place and needs 1 sack to pass Reggie White.

That is rarified air we are talking about.

Originally posted by FourNine49:
So he needs 6.5 more sacks to beat the record? I think that's doable! Rams, Dolphins, Pats, Seahawks, and Cards left. Very doable

I will lol my ass off if Brady gives it up for Aldon like Favre gave it up for Gaptooth

I agree.

Hell, he could enter the game against the Cards needing 3.5 and it would be very doable.
[ Edited by captveg on Nov 25, 2012 at 10:12 PM ]
Talk about motivation huh? Considering that Justin Smith is basically his personal blocker, man oh man, those two are going to go crazy going for this record over the final month.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Aldon needs to be moved to the opposite side more often. Forcing the OL to divide attention between 2 sides is better then letting the OL and RB crowd the left side leaving Brooks 1v1(even though he can win those). Why we didn't have him facing their 4th string street free agent Right Tackle all night is a little frustrating but at least he and Ahmad terrorized the 'aints from all over the field.
Originally posted by sfout:
Aldon needs to be moved to the opposite side more often. Forcing the OL to divide attention between 2 sides is better then letting the OL and RB crowd the left side leaving Brooks 1v1(even though he can win those). Why we didn't have him facing their 4th string street free agent Right Tackle all night is a little frustrating but at least he and Ahmad terrorized the 'aints from all over the field.

x2

we need to move him around like all the top pass rushers in the NFL (DeMarcus Ware, Jared Allen, etc)

x2

we need to move him around like all the top pass rushers in the NFL (DeMarcus Ware, Jared Allen, etc)

We were moving him all around, and it's not like Brooks is a scrub. At this point, we are soooo stacked at LB, each position must be accounted for.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by defenderDX:
yea but JJ Watt

Don't knock Watt. That draft class knows how to get after the quarterback.

As of tonight, the sack leaders are

Aldon Smith-- 16.5

JJ Watt--- 14.5

Von Miller--13.0
Originally posted by buck:
yea but JJ Watt

Aldon Smith-- 16.5

JJ Watt--- 14.5

Von Miller--13.0

Draft for the ages when it comes to getting pressure on QBs.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

x2

We were moving him all around, and it's not like Brooks is a scrub. At this point, we are soooo stacked at LB, each position must be accounted for.

Buff I know we move him around but he IS our best pass rusher and why he wasn't exclusively facing the weakest player on their line 1v1 every snap is just a bad move.

I know Brooks isn't a scrub, its why I acknowledged he can win his 1v1s and he is probably one of the best all around LBs in the NFL. I also love how his INT for a TD actually came from him dropping into coverage on the middle to left side of the field. Totally threw the saints for a loop and swung the game in our favor.

I said it in another thread that busting up this LB corp would be the ultimate fail of all fails. I dont care if 2 years from now we have $160M in total contract value tied to those 4 because they are honestly all in the top 10 if not the top player at each specific position.

To FourNine - I really want to see what Aldon can do from a DT spot on passing downs sometimes, its how the Giants use Mathias Kiwanuka and I think Aldon could demolish a center or guard in a similar fashion.
Originally posted by captveg:
yea but JJ Watt

Aldon Smith-- 16.5

JJ Watt--- 14.5

Von Miller--13.0

Draft for the ages when it comes to getting pressure on QBs.

Sign them all?
yea but JJ Watt

Aldon Smith-- 16.5

JJ Watt--- 14.5

Von Miller--13.0

aldon was a reach doe
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
yea but JJ Watt

Aldon Smith-- 16.5

JJ Watt--- 14.5

Von Miller--13.0

aldon was a reach doe

it wasn't a reach for the team that got what they wanted...
  • buck
  • Veteran
double post sorry
[ Edited by buck on Nov 26, 2012 at 11:24 AM ]