There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Official Aldon Smith's High Speed Car Chase to the Sack Record

Yes, he's only 23 and yes, he was held quite a bit, especially these past few games, but I think it's undeniable that the presence, or absence, of Cowboy, has a lot to do with his success, or lack thereof. I also believe, as I've noted in past posts, that he takes plays off, or at the very least, seems uncertain, on some plays. The latter I understand, but less than maximum effort, especially when so much is at stake, including a very prestigious record, makes me a tad concerned. They're always talking about players with non-stop motors, well, Aldon isn't one of them; Justin is! Let's hope he takes it up a notch in the playoffs.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Yes, he's only 23 and yes, he was held quite a bit, especially these past few games, but I think it's undeniable that the presence, or absence, of Cowboy, has a lot to do with his success, or lack thereof. I also believe, as I've noted in past posts, that he takes plays off, or at the very least, seems uncertain, on some plays. The latter I understand, but less than maximum effort, especially when so much is at stake, including a very prestigious record, makes me a tad concerned. They're always talking about players with non-stop motors, well, Aldon isn't one of them; Justin is! Let's hope he takes it up a notch in the playoffs.

I think they are asking him to do to much of things that he quite frankly is not that good at. Covering WR's and setting the edge are not really his strong suits, and he seems to really gas on long drives.

We really missed that thrid OLB this year. We really need to address that and Dline depth in this years draft. Ultimately i think he would be beter suited to the type of role he had last year, and then have a more versitile OLB doing the other stuff.
invisible man the last three games
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

I think they are asking him to do to much of things that he quite frankly is not that good at. Covering WR's and setting the edge are not really his strong suits, and he seems to really gas on long drives.

We really missed that thrid OLB this year. We really need to address that and Dline depth in this years draft. Ultimately i think he would be beter suited to the type of role he had last year, and then have a more versitile OLB doing the other stuff.
This is where we missed Harlson he really could set the edge on the run game. Having no real backup hurt this year.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Regardless of the record, great job by Aldon. Like he said in the post game, he's 23 years old and will have more opportunities.

Agree. Awesome year, now go and finish it up in the postseason!
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

This is where we missed Harlson he really could set the edge on the run game. Having no real backup hurt this year.

I agree, Haralson got alot of unjust criticism, but he had a really good year last season, and we really missed him. He was a big reason for hy our run defense was so dominate last season. Teams simply could not exploit the edges with him and brooks, and that forced everything inside where our ILB's and Dline cleaned house.
I was going to make a thraed about justin smith being a key to aldons success but i didnt think it would go over well.. but now its clear that aldon isnt as beast as he looks. remember when aldon got a sack and celebrated and justin pushed him, thats cuz he was saying dude you aint s**t without me so why dont you give me ahigh 5 you little dui waitin to happen instead of dancin around SO GLAD HE SUCKS NOW but now that its proved GET BEASTLY AGAIN WE HAVE GAMES TO WIN
Any aldon smith highlights yet for this season???
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Justin Smith gets pancaked, Aldon Smith gets sack.

I actually think Aldon is exhausted and injured. How many weeks in a row has he been wearing a black jersey in practice because of his shoulder?
I wonder if he would benefit from cultivating a little mass?
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Justin Smith gets pancaked, Aldon Smith gets sack.

I actually think Aldon is exhausted and injured. How many weeks in a row has he been wearing a black jersey in practice because of his shoulder?

I loved that salute celebration. Salute to the veterans that were there for veterans day. I agree he is probably hurting, but i beleive more so he is wore down. It has been a long season with very little rotation. He seems to have lost some explosion towards the end of the season. Getting the rtation back next season will help keep him fresh. He needs to work on his stamina as well though.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
I loved that salute celebration. Salute to the veterans that were there for veterans day. I agree he is probably hurting, but i beleive more so he is wore down. It has been a long season with very little rotation. He seems to have lost some explosion towards the end of the season. Getting the rtation back next season will help keep him fresh. He needs to work on his stamina as well though.

Yeah. I agree with all of this.

He's slowed down and he's also lost all ability to hold the edge one on one with a tackle. He could turn run plays back inside early in the season but now he gets pushed around.

It just makes no sense to think Justin Smith has anything to do with that.
Bump. Aldon played well last night. Didn't have any sacks, but he definitely got in Rodgers' face, played stout on the line, and forced a fumble. Let's not forget that he's working through a shoulder injury too (and apparently it's significant enough for him to wear a non-contact jersey in practice).
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Bump. Aldon played well last night. Didn't have any sacks, but he definitely got in Rodgers' face, played stout on the line, and forced a fumble. Let's not forget that he's working through a shoulder injury too (and apparently it's significant enough for him to wear a non-contact jersey in practice).

Aaron Rodgers played almost the whole game, *snap* *throw*, in two seconds the ball was already gone. There was rarely much time spent in the pocket. He we did get some pressure. Rodgers seemed rushed most of the time.
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Yeah. I agree with all of this.

He's slowed down and he's also lost all ability to hold the edge one on one with a tackle. He could turn run plays back inside early in the season but now he gets pushed around.

It just makes no sense to think Justin Smith has anything to do with that.

Agreed. Stamina used to be Brooks issue too...that is no longer an issue so I have a feeling, we'll see Aldon staying with Brooks/Cowboy/Willis and the rest of the crew here in SF in the offseason to work out together.