There are 125 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Official Aldon Smith's High Speed Car Chase to the Sack Record

That he is getting held and no penalty yes. When I saw a replay with the Tackle holding his jersey with no call it convinced me.
Yup, he is getting held. Nope, justin is not in, and without a force elsewhere, aldon is just going to be an ordinary 3-4 lineman/OLB with his hand in the dirt. Will he get any more sacks without Justin? maybe, but unlikely.
Was out of town. Did Aldon get any sacks?
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Was out of town. Did Aldon get any sacks?

No.
/ Thread
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Eli_23:
/ Thread

This hopefully Aldon has a great post season just like last year! Double up on those 2 sacks and get us 4 or 5!
It's only his second year.

It is a bit unnerving that he's gotten nada without Justin Smith. Niners need to draft a J Smith clone for the future.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heed49er:
It's only his second year.

It is a bit unnerving that he's gotten nada without Justin Smith. Niners need to draft a J Smith clone for the future.

The problem isn't necessarily the absence of JSmith but also lack of creativity in the pass rush. Why didn't see the stunt with RJF or even Ray Mac? Why does it HAVE to be with Justin???? Why was Aldon only next to Ray Mac on a handful of snaps? Why doesn't Aldon move inside on 3rd downs like Kiwanuka does with NYG?(im beating this topic with a dead horse because I want to see it). Fangio only rushes 4 players on every play, rarely, if ever do we rush 5+ -- on the plays we blitz a CB we usually drop the OLB next to them into coverage.

Also as others have said its only Aldon's 2nd year(1st as a complete OLB) and IMHO we're asking him to do too much reaction/reading rather then just rush the QB and tackle the RB if needed. He was drafted to be a pass rusher, not an all-around player like Brooks, we need to turn him loose and let him do his thing without handcuffs. Have more pre-snap movements with him and Brooks and more dynamic rushing concepts.
I didnt see, but was he credited with the half sack?
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

I don't think he was.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

I don't think he was.

Sucks. I was rooting for him to atleast get his 20.

Kid really should have got the record. He as robbed from quite a few sacks throughout the year just based on penaltys that negated the sack. I beleive i recall atleast 3, which would have had him tied.
Sucks. I was rooting for him to atleast get his 20.

Kid really should have got the record. He as robbed from quite a few sacks throughout the year just based on penaltys that negated the sack. I beleive i recall atleast 3, which would have had him tied.

Yeah, I remember a bogus illegal contact on Rogers? earlier in the year where he had one taken away. Many others as well but in a way I am fine with him not breaking it. Keep him hungry. Also, hopefully he works even harder this offseason knowing he won't have Justin there for him always.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
I think they might give him half a sack after review later this week.

I hope they do. That 19.5 has been making me feel all OCD. It just looks weird.

Really thought he was going to break it a couple weeks ago.
Regardless of the record, great job by Aldon. Like he said in the post game, he's 23 years old and will have more opportunities.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home